Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AC Ruled out vs PIT

Bravo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nelson starts at LT, Webb RT, Pinter LG......Webb started 8 games last season would think he gets the call over Holden.

Other option would be Nelson LT, Pinter RT and Eldenkamp at LG.

Green has been terrible cant see him getting back in unless no other options and then at G not tackle so he can be hid a bit more.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sorry I assumed it meant has he played yet for the Colts.

That’s exactly what I was asking. Not putting on my blue color glasses but you never know. 

6 minutes ago, Lucky Wolf said:

Lots of Holden penalties too 

I see what you did there :thmup:

It’s going to be interesting to see how the coaching staff handles this. 
  I feel confident with Q at tackle. I guess the biggest question is, are we going to be good enough at RT and wherever Q doesn’t play ?

If the replacements end up playing well and the Colts win this game, Ballard should get exec of the year.

The other question I have is, how significant are ACs and Brandon’s injuries, going forward?

Just now, coltsfeva said:

I feel confident with Q at tackle. I guess the biggest question is, are we going to be good enough at RT and wherever Q doesn’t play ?

If the replacements end up playing well and the Colts win this game, Ballard should get exec of the year.

The other question I have is how significant are ACs and Brandon’s injuries, going forward?

Smith isn’t injured. He has covid. Symptoms means he can come back one day before the jags game. Reich has been terrible when situations like this happen. He hasn’t been able to adjust as a coach.

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Smith isn’t injured. He has covid. Symptoms means he can come back one day before the jags game. Reich has been terrible when situations like this happen. He hasn’t been able to adjust as a coach.

You just can’t help yourself......

Dear God.....    :facepalm:

23 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

The other question I have is, how significant are ACs and Brandon’s injuries, going forward?

I'm going to be the glass half full guy here.  AC was rested as usual this week then was limited on Friday after another practice injury on Thursday.  Last week he played on Sunday after being limited on Friday.  That was a big division game against the Texans.  After our coaches watched the films of the Steelers and how they are currently playing I think they made the decision to sit AC, knowing he would play if we let him, thinking they can beat the Steelers right now without him and Smith.  It would be best to have AC ready for the playoffs and they don't feel they need to risk him further in this game.  I am guessing Webb and Holden will start at the tackle spots and we should be able to run it effectively with those two big guys.  I don't see Nelson moving over at all unless one of them fails.  I am still thinking we can run to set up the pass and control the game.  The defense really needs play well though to allow that to happen.  If we fall behind by a large margin then we will have our work cut out for us.  But I think we run it big time in this game and win it.  Smash mouth.  We have the players to do it.  

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I have confidence in Colts D to keep it low scoring 

Based on showing an increasingly poor output in yards given up as well as points and big plays over the past 4-6 weeks? I wished I could share in your enthusiasm for the middle of the pack (at best) defense. 

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Gosh dang.. 

you watch your filthy mouth sir lol

46 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Devastating news ,but we will need the D to step up get us some short fields from turnovers .

Anything is possible in an NFL game for certain. We need to see a score from the defense in pick 6 or fumble recovery for 6 and a few take aways. What can’t happen, this defense can’t allow long, time sucking drives against them for points. Flus has to be brilliant in this game plan specifically. He not only needs to come out of the gate with a solid game plan to limit points and long drives, he needs to make sure he has also adjusted appropriately to the second half as well. Having one half as shutdown and the other half as wide open is risking a loss for certain. 

on the flip side, the offense has to figure out how to maximize running lanes, 3 step quick hits and most importantly, hitting in stride and getting YAC, lots of YAC. Depending on defensive alignments, maybe you can get a 5 step in but 7 step drops shouldn’t be tried unless you gashed and gassed their defense in the 4th Q and they’ve shown they can’t get pressure anymore. 

this oline group configuration is an interesting dilemma. Does Q play LT and does Pinter get a look at RT? I’d rather have whichever new tackle is better at run blocking than pass pro right now for this game, anticipating we run heavy and throw quick, more predetermined throws based on QB look at defense alignments. Probably be a great game for a flea flicker attempt and another razzle dazzle play out of the RB’s with direct snaps etc... time to use multiple gadget plays imho. 

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I'm going to be the glass half full guy here.  AC was rested as usual this week then was limited on Friday after another practice injury on Thursday.  Last week he played on Sunday after being limited on Friday.  That was a big division game against the Texans.  After our coaches watched the films of the Steelers and how they are currently playing I think they made the decision to sit AC, knowing he would play if we let him, thinking they can beat the Steelers right now without him and Smith.  It would be best to have AC ready for the playoffs and they don't feel they need to risk him further in this game.  I am guessing Webb and Holden will start at the tackle spots and we should be able to run it effectively with those two big guys.  I don't see Nelson moving over at all unless one of them fails.  I am still thinking we can run to set up the pass and control the game.  The defense really needs play well though to allow that to happen.  If we fall behind by a large margin then we will have our work cut out for us.  But I think we run it big time in this game and win it.  Smash mouth.  We have the players to do it.  

You're on the wrong forum.

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Cant disagree too much here. All we need is no penalties from these two new position players at tackle whoever it is and to give just enough interference to allow a gap for a RB or a split second for the quick 3 step drop pass. 

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

To be fair, Finley is a lot faster than JB

I don’t care about speed. It’s the type of run schemes you run. Jacoby is pretty good running if there is open space. Put him out there with Taylor or Hines and maybe you catch the Steelers off guard. 

We need to still beable to throw some shorter passes. We just sent going to be able to get a lot of chunk plays. Rivers timing always gets messed up too when he doesn’t trust the line. We just need to run run and hope the Steelers offensive woes continue and the defense can play lights out.

I’m really curious to see who plays the tackle positions. I would think that you would leave Q inside so we can try to establish the run game, but that gives me major concerns about the passing game. TJ Watt will most likely have a field day, unfortunately. If Frank is smart he’ll use Doyle and MAC for chip blocks and double teams on the edge.

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It’s a full fledged Colt’s meltdown! Irsay speaks and all of a sudden,the skies close and the dark clouds come rolling in! We are the most complete team in the NFL. This is going to be a professional butt kickin tomorrow. 
I still believe we can win! 

We are kicking butt because we are the most complete team in the league.  Irsay knows football.  And he knows he has a great team.  

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

You mean a coach isn't as good when his stars can't play?    Odd 

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Steelers are missing their Kicker Boswell, if this game is close because our Tackles are out would much rather have Hot Rod than Matthew Wright lining up to get a club points, just saying

Hard to say who has the advantage.  Leaning  towards  Steelers  the refs are bound to be  on their side

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It’s a full fledged Colt’s meltdown! Irsay speaks and all of a sudden,the skies close and the dark clouds come rolling in! We are the most complete team in the NFL. This is going to be a professional butt kickin tomorrow. 
I still believe we can win! 

"This is going to be a professional butt kickin tomorrow". You are right, Colts in a butt kickin, book it.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Hard to say who has the advantage.  Leaning  towards  Steelers  the refs are bound to be  on their side

They always have the REFS on their side haha , glad you see that too.

Archived