Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AC Ruled out vs PIT

Bravo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, adubb84 said:

Has Holden played yet?

You have confidence in some guy we plucked from the PS that has not started one game for us?

Just now, JediXMan said:

They have no choice they can’t clone Nelson and have him play both T spots lol.

No, but he can atleast play LT.

3 minutes ago, Dasteez said:

What’s your offense look like when missing your two bookends on the OL against a good pass rushing team? Screen game? :rock:

You pound the ball with the run game using a lead blocking back(TE) opening holes that will also set up the pass.  We still win.  They can't stop our running game. 

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Their 8th in stopping the run so it’s a good run D. 

I am really not worried about their run D.  We have the line and the backs to take it to them.  We are the hot team right now.   I would bet that the two replacements will be stronger in the run game as well.  And Rivers can get rid of the ball fast.  I still think we win this game.  

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

green has been amazing filling in for AC   . this would not be a big deal if smith was playing .    Pintor needs to play tackle , smith was a guard who they said his arms were to short to play tackle , and showed every one they were wrong . 

You think Green was “amazing”? serious question. Not degrading your opinion.

They had to pull him after 1 drive and put Nelson at LT last game. He has been just as bullied as Clark was. Rivers has had to rush throwing the ball anytime he has been in the game from what I’ve seen.

The bad thing about this is we had the advantage with their weak LB group. Now do we still have the advantage on running outside with losing both tackles. Moving Nelson to tackle makes sense but are we weakening whoever he would of went up against by staying at guard? Who is their other DE? Maybe we would be better not moving him.  This is such a mess. Steelers run lots of stunts. Hardly no preparation it’s going to get ugly. If the Steelers offensive woes continue this is going to be a very low scoring game. This hurts our running game also.  Defense needs turnovers to help the offense and rivers can’t throw int.

If this were 6+ years ago, I'd say that at least Philip was used to producing with mismatches in his pass protection like he'll have to deal with now, so they still have a good chance at moving the ball through the air. But at his age now, and on a bum toe to boot, this is asking a TON.

Like I said in another thread, if he's able to move this offense in the state it will be in now to score enough points to get the win against this defense, I don't want to hear any more crap about him not still being a great quarterback.

Not to be Negative Nancy, but I think we are in trouble.  Pittsburghs defense has always given us trouble with their unpredictable pass rushers.  Without out two starting tackles, we are going to struggle running and protecting Rivers. I think this will be bad.    I hope Reich can gameplan around this.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard’s failure to address the tackle position is going to bite him in the butt. In the draft we need to draft the future LT and another tackle maybe in the third round. No relying on finding FA backup LT. Teams don’t let good ones go. 

I agree.  OT should have been addressed in last years draft.  Also, imo not retaining Joel Haeg was a mistake.  

3 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Heres a good question, if the Raiders would possibly beat the Phins tonight, do the Colts rest starters tomm and focus being healthier in a must win game against the Jags? Go Vegas!!!

I would say no just because the chances are titans will lose. The only good thing about this is if Steelers offensive woes continue. Our d is healthy. Hopefully they can get to Big Ben and create some turnovers. We are in big trouble though if the Steelers get back on track on offense. Look at how bad Rivers was against the browns with just AC missing.

Do we leave Nelson at guard to deal with Heyward or move him to tackle. WR, TE, and RB are going to have to help with run blocking. No preparation for this really is bad.

The worst thing is players basically had one practice to prepare for this. I would put Pinter or Holden at RT. Nelson to left tackle and adjust if needed. If we can still keep the run game going and get Hines and Taylor involved in the short passing game to take advantage of their LB we might have a better chance. I think this all comes down to if Steelers figure out their offensive woes. If they do it will be a route. If they don’t it will be a ugly slug fest. Looks like they might be playing a bad backup kicker so try and keep them out of the end zone.

Archived