Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

w87r

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoachKjr said:

Might as well throw Miami's schedule in there as well since they have the same record.

Be nice if the D could win the next 4 games.

Raiders and dolphins  play each other as well so if we beat the raiders  we might be good

7 minutes ago, CoachKjr said:

Might as well throw Miami's schedule in there as well since they have the same record.

Be nice if the D could win the next 4 games.

Dolphins have hard schedule  chiefs patriots, bills raiders I'll be surprised  if they make playoffs 

• w87r changed the title to AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

The 7th seed will be interesting. I think the Browns and Colts take 5 and 6.  The 7 comes down to Fins, Pats, Raiders, Ravens. If I had to bet, I think the Pats sneak in just because they get to play the Fins and already beat them once.  If they lose Thursday at the Rams which will be their toughest game left then they are out and I expect Fins to take the last spot.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I do not see the Titans beating the Packers. I see us winning out to be honest to go 12-4 and the Titans losing to the Packers to go 11-5 with their putrid defense.

Do the Titans still have to play the Texans again, or is it just the Jags? Either way, if they would drop another divisional game, that would help us alot but either way, we still need to finish at least 1 game better than them to take the AFC South.

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Do the Titans still have to play the Texans again, or is it just the Jags? Either way, if they would drop another divisional game, that would help us alot but either way, we still need to finish at least 1 game better than them to take the AFC South.

@Jacksonville, Detroit, @Green Bay, @Houston

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Chiefs, Steelers, Bills, Colts, Browns, Titans, Ravens is how I see it playing out from #1 to #7

lets say we somehow get the 7th seed.  Who would you rather face, the Steelers for the 2nd time in 3 weeks in their house, both times.  Or the Chiefs in their house...

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

lets say we somehow get the 7th seed.  Who would you rather face, the Steelers for the 2nd time in 3 weeks in their house, both times.  Or the Chiefs in their house...

I think we could beat either.  I think this team has a good chance against anyone but I think I’d rather it be the chiefs then we meet the Steelers in the afccg and rip their hearts out.  

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ravens Browns game is in Cleveland. Hopefully browns will win. This raiders game for Sunday is kind of our season. Maybe jags can pull off a miracle against the titans. Lol

We just need to keep winning. The Raiders game is huge as everybody knows. Browns will probably beat the Ravens IMO. 

Will start off with 3 teams that I think will win their Division then onto remainder of teams/schedule.

Division Winners:

East - Bills(9-3)

North - Steelers(11-1)

West - Chiefs(11-1)

Winner gets the South:

Colts(8-4) - @LV, HOU, @PIT, JAC

Titans(8-4) - @JAC, DET, @GB, @HOU

Other 3 Wild Card Spots:(Potentially non winner of South as well)

Browns(9-3) - BAL, @NYG, @NYJ, PIT

Ravens(7-5) - @CLE, JAC, NYG, @CIN

Raiders(7-5) - IND, LAC, MIA, @DEN. 

Dolphins(8-4) - KC, NE, @LV, @BUF

Patriots(6-6) - @LAR, @MIA, BUF, NYJ

AFC Records:

Titans - (6-4)

Colts - (4-4)

Browns - (6-3)

Ravens - (4-5)

Raiders - (5-3)

Dolphins - (5-3)

Patriots - (5-4)

Strength of Victory/ Strength of Schedule:

Titans - .458/.517

Colts - .411/.448

Browns - .347/.434

Ravens - .417/.569

Raiders - .488/.542

Dolphins - .266/.365

Patriots - .431/.500

Wild Card Tie Breakers:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two wild card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken:

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply the division tiebreaker.

If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps:

Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four

Strength of victory

Strength of schedule

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed

Best net points in conference games

Best net points in all games

Best net touchdowns in all games

Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after a third club or other clubs are eliminated, the tiebreaker reverts to step 1 of the applicable two-club format.)

Apply the division tiebreaker to eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tiebreaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two wild card participants.

Head-to-head sweep (applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others)

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four

Strength of victory

Strength of schedule

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed

Best net points in conference games

Best net points in all games

Best net touchdowns in all games

Coin toss

When the first wild card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second wild card (i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2). In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tiebreaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a wild card berth.

Current Standings:

1. Pittsburgh - (11-1)

2. Kansas City - (11-1)

3. Buffalo - (9-3)

4. Tennessee - (8-4)

5. Cleveland - (9-3)

6. Miami - (8-4)

7. Indianapolis - (8-4)

Still in the Hunt:

Las Vegas - (7-5)

Baltimore - (7-5)

New England - (6-6)

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We just need to keep winning. The Raiders game is huge as everybody knows. Browns will probably beat the Ravens IMO. 

Both the Browns & Ravens have beaten us, and the Raiders are the last of our competitors for a Wild Card that we'll actually play so it's a big opportunity for us.

Archived