Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

w87r

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Figures. Cleveland letting us down. 

Browns win would be huge for us, it would guarantee playoffs with 11-5.

Ravens win and we could miss out on playoffs at 11-5. It leaves that possibility open.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

When I update the AFC thread, I am going to take a deeper dive into what the Colts need to happen.

If I can stay awake tonight, I will post it tonight, if not it will be tomorrow. 

I listed some of the scenarios up above. While there are several possibilities, it's pretty straight forward given the tie breakers others own over us. I also listed simulators that will automatically show placement based on your game predictions.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I listed some of the scenarios up above. While there are several possibilities, it's pretty straight forward given the tie breakers others own over us. I also listed simulators that will automatically show placement based on your game predictions.

AFC playoff thread has been going on for a few weeks. 

Probably where this thread should of been posted, tbh. 

I said yes to the playoffs and no to both winning the division and going 12-4.

The game most people are overlooking is the Texans game next week. We barely beat them two weeks ago. While I expect a win, I'd say there's probably a 25-30% chance we lose that game. Add the Steelers the next week and we probably go 1-1 in that two week stretch before beating Jax.

Most likely scenario is we go 11-5 and tie the Titans while they win the tiebreaker and we get the 6th seed or something to that affect.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The game most people are overlooking is the Texans game next week. We barely beat them two weeks ago. While I expect a win, I'd say there's probably a 25-30% chance we lose that game. Add the Steelers the next week and we probably go 1-1 in that two week stretch before beating Jax.

Most likely scenario is we go 11-5 and tie the Titans while they win the tiebreaker and we get the 6th seed or something to that affect.

Shouldn't overlook any of them lol. We lost to Jax in game one, a team with one win... Got blown out by TN at home after beating them handily in TN. Not saying we repeat that with Houston, but it's on my mind... 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Houston is just missing to many key players to beat us IMO. Yeah we got lucky last time but they still had something to play for. The way we beat them deflated them. The didn't even show up at Chicago. I think Pitt will take their frustration out on Cincy this upcoming week so when we play them in 2 weeks they may not be as hungry. We will see? Pitt pretty much has their division wrapped up if they beat Cincy.

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Here's another good odds simulator

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=story-twitter

Right now, 91% chance we're in the playoffs, 39% we win the AFCS.

If we win out, 78% chance we win the AFCS.

Assuming Baltimore holds the lead, and wins, our chances actually go from 91%, to 90%... but our chances of winning the AFCS goes from 39% to 40%... wut... 

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

non-colts centric the last time I looked at it. didn't see simulator, odds, etc. either.

Its all essentially what Colts need to happen for playoffs over there. Was ths whole premise of starting in the first place. You put it here and put Colts in title, while still putting other teams, to get more traffic instead of proper forum. 

Simulator odds = discussion

Probably merge soon enough.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Its all essentially what Colts need to happen for playoffs. Was ths whole premise of starting in the first place. You put it here and put Colts in title, while still putting other teams, to get more traffic instead of proper forum. 

If it's more or less Colts, should be in this section then. I rarely go to other sections. 

And BTW, I could give two sheets about traffic.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

If the Ravens hang on to win the colts have no room for error. Just a loss in Pittsburg could put them out of the playoffs. Miami should beat the patriots and raiders and bills could be sitting starters the last game. Colts aren’t nearly the lock with a ravens win tonight.

Colts could finish 11-5 and miss playoffs if Ravens win.

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Its all essentially what Colts need to happen for playoffs over there. Was ths whole premise of starting in the first place. You put it here and put Colts in title, while still putting other teams, to get more traffic instead of proper forum. 

dude, you could have at least merged the poll too, which was one of the main reasons i created the thread.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

dude, you could have at least merged the poll too, which was one of the main reasons i created the thread.

Poll didn't merge with it.

I will add it to the OP.

What was it?

Will Colts make playoffs

Will Colts win Division

Will Colts finish 12-4

**Edit, actually it won't let me.**

Archived