Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

w87r

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something interesting. 

If the Dolphins and Ravens win out, which is possible, then the Colts are out (assuming Colts and Titans have a tied record).

Dolphins have Raiders and Buffalo. The Raiders are a done so there's a win. Buffalo has clinched their division, so there is no reason for them to play hard against the Dolphins in week 17, other than to spoil them. 

The Ravens have the Bengals and the Giants.  Only the Giants could spoil them, and I doubt that is likely in Baltimore.

Leaving the Titans vs the Texans as the game we need to pay attention to. Unless they beat the Packers and we lose to the Steelers, then its over, even if they lose to the Texans (based on strength of victory). 

31 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Something interesting. 

If the Dolphins and Ravens win out, which is possible, then the Colts are out (assuming Colts and Titans have a tied record).

Dolphins have Raiders and Buffalo. The Raiders are a done so there's a win. Buffalo has clinched their division, so there is no reason for them to play hard against the Dolphins in week 17, other than to spoil them. 

The Ravens have the Bengals and the Giants.  Only the Giants could spoil them, and I doubt that is likely in Baltimore.

Leaving the Titans vs the Texans as the game we need to pay attention to. Unless they beat the Packers and we lose to the Steelers, then its over, even if they lose to the Texans (based on strength of victory). 

It's likely that the Ravens win out, but Miami doesn't. Marcus Mariota will want to ball out for pride, especially while matched up against Tua and the Bills could be trying to secure the AFC's 3rd, or possibly even 2nd seed and even without that, I can't see them laying down and allowing a divisional rival an easy path to the postseason, so I expect both the Raiders & Bills to try their best to win.

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Something interesting. 

If the Colts win out they are in the playoffs, period. Neither the Ravens or Dolphins could match their record.

Now if those teams win out and Colts lose 1 of last 2 then the Colts are out, unless Titans lose last 2, which isnt outside the realm of being .realistic

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ben is 5-13 for -2 yds with a pick and a fumble. 

Now they are down 17-0

I needed 5.7pts out of big ben tonight to advance to championship. He has given me -3.4 so far. :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Really? If we beat them we'll have identical records but they will still get their division

They play Browns week 17, would most likely be for division title.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ouch, he should at least give you 5.7 points though, that is crazy if he doesn't.

Yeah, he only needs 2.5 now.

Got lucky tbh, the guy Im facingnhad Conner in his flex and Claypool on the bench, and didn't switch them out.

Im hoping to win by a difference of whatever Claypool would of gave him though. Don't like winning that way, bit I will take it.

If I lose only needing 5.7....

explosion jumping GIF

Just now, w87r said:

Yeah, he only needs 2.5 now.

Got lucky tbh, the guy Im facingnhad Conner in his flex and Claypool on the bench, and didn't switch them out.

Im hoping to win by a difference of whatever Claypool would of gave him though. Don't like winning that way, bit I will take it.

If I lose only needing 5.7....

explosion jumping GIF

I seen he has a TD now. It is good that they are behind because he will throw more.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

They have clinched playoff berth. They have tiebreaker over Ravens

Still a little weird though, but it says they have clinched.

We could have H2H over them and miss playoffs at 11-5?

Ravens have tie breaker over us?

Im assuming if Pit, Mia, Bal, Colts finish 11-5 Pit would get in somehow?

1 minute ago, w87r said:

So many scenarios but I know a Miami loss pretty much gets us in no matter what. Unless we lose to Pitt and Jacks but I don't see that happening.

15 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

That would be.... Insane... Starting 11-0 and NOT making the playoffs.. AFC what happened this year?!?

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

They have clinched playoff berth. They have tiebreaker over Ravens

Pittsburgh clinched a playoff berth when we beat the Raiders - had they won their game against the Bills, they would've clinched their Division as well but they will with just 1 more win in any of their final 3 regular season games.

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Pittsburgh clinched a playoff berth when we beat the Raiders - had they won their game against the Bills, they would've clinched their Division as well but they will with just 1 more win in any of their final 3 regular season games.

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Still strange we would lose out on this tie breaker somehow?

Maybe, I don't even know at this point.

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

As a Bengals fan (second team) and someone who despises the Steelers, GO BENGALS!!!

I would have to think the Steelers’ play tonight bodes well for our chances next weekend...?

I can't stand the Steelers but if they lose this game they may feel like they really have to beat us then because of seedings and play a monster game. That is what is scary.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't stand the Steelers but if they lose this game they may feel like they really have to beat us then because of seedings and play a monster game. That is what is scary.

I worry about that too, hopefully they’ll be down in the dumps and depressed instead

Archived