Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Rough Outing for Ya Sin ((MERGE))

Defjamz26

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'd seriously take offers for Nelson.  The LT is the important foundational piece of the oline and I can't imagine what type of cap hit he'll command in a couple of years.

Nah I wouldn’t go that far. We’ll have the money to pay him because we still don’t have a franchise QB on the roster and we have a lot of aging vets who Ballard will move on from soon. Also I wouldn’t mess with O-Line chemistry. The trio of Kelly, Nelson, and Smith  is the key to our line. Nelson changed the culture here and is someone is a legitimate gold jacket candidate if he keeps playing. You don’t let those guys go.

If anything trade the middle of the pack guys who you may not get huge draft picks for, but can get you late rounders that you can use to move up. I’m talking guys like Turray, Lewis, Ya-Sin, Campbell, Banogu, etc...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Nah I wouldn’t go that far. We’ll have the money to pay him because we still don’t have a franchise QB on the roster and we have a lot of aging vets who Ballard will move on from soon. Also I wouldn’t mess with O-Line chemistry. The trio of Kelly, Nelson, and Smith  is the key to our line. Nelson changed the culture here and is someone is a legitimate gold jacket candidate if he keeps playing. You don’t let those guys go.

If anything trade the middle of the pack guys who you may not get huge draft picks for, but can get you late rounders that you can use to move up. I’m talking guys like Turray, Lewis, Ya-Sin, Campbell, Banogu, etc...

Not only would I consider trading Nelson, I was thinking of cutting Kelly because of cap and durability issues among other reasons.  Reinvest the proper amount of capital into G and C to be able to invest the proper amount of capital into positions that matter.

The oline was built for Luck.....who held the ball forever and needed a solid pocket.  Rivers releases the ball as soon as he gets it, and many here are clamoring for a QB who is mobile and elusive.  We don't have QBs who pitch a tent in the pocket and camp out like Luck or JB, so G and C positions are no longer the premium spots they once were.  

If the plan is to get more mobile at QB, and to have Reichs quick pass offense actually take over, then having the number 1 G and a top 5 C is a luxury and not a necessity. 

If not, then get a statue at QB again and pay the middle of the oline to build a space for him to step into.

Besides, if you want more picks...who else has any value?

It wasn’t exactly a hot take when we drafted him but I knew this dude would be a penalty machine.

What I didn’t know was just how slow he’d look. 

I still remember skeptically watching Rock’s hype build at the Senior Bowl. Had one of those “he could be good but I hope it’s not us who takes the chance.”

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I know it wasn’t exactly a hot take when we drafted him but I knew this dude would be a penalty machine.

Ballard was the one that was emphatic about drafting him. He doesn't give up TDs because he commits PIs.  :) 

Just now, runthepost said:

I don’t think he’s fast enough for Cooks either. 

Cooks is not as fast as Fuller but is quicker underneath. I can live with underneath catches from Cooks but we have to get in Watson's passing lanes.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ballard was the one that was emphatic about drafting him. He doesn't give up TDs because he commits PIs.  :) 

Cooks is not as fast as Fuller but is quicker underneath. I can live with underneath catches from Cooks but we have to get in Watson's passing lanes.

I think Cooks is shifty.  Probably leads to grabbing by the DB.

23 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It wasn’t exactly a hot take when we drafted him but I knew this dude would be a penalty machine.

I still remember skeptically watching Rock’s hype build at the Senior Bowl. Had one of those “he could be good but I hope it’s not us who takes the chance.”

I thought the same thing. I think he got a little too much hype for his “tough guy” mentality. And as much as people talked him up during the Senior Bowl. Deebo Samuel actually won that match up. I think people saw this chiseled up, trash talking, but hard hitting corner and thought they had a guy with Ramsey or Sherman-like play style. 

Just now, chad72 said:

Underneath, RYS can somewhat keep up but going long is where the PIs happen more, it seems like. 

If he can’t cover down the field, that makes him a nickel at best but he isn’t better than Moore so idk where that leaves him. Probably on the bench.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If he can’t cover down the field, that makes him a nickel at best but he isn’t better than Moore so idk where that leaves him. Probably on the bench.

We'd have better luck using him at nickel, to be honest, and send Moore outside to rotate with Carrie. Moore almost kept up with Will Fuller and Fuller could really never get away when they played him 1-on-1 with Moore and I was shocked Moore could keep up that well, not that I am advocating the same but with Moore and a safety, we can handle Fuller and bully Cooks with Rhodes because Cooks does not handle press coverage real well if pressed at the line of scrimmage.

Fuller made a tough long catch in close coverage vs Moore on a well thrown ball but it was Hopkins that got away from Desir that got the TD if I remember right the last time we played Watson. 

They don't take the time to establish a running game. Watson out of shotgun is their primary formation so that Watson can see what is coming because he struggles reading blitzes, that is why they resorted to doing that. So it is Watson taking off and running or throwing laser passes as soon as he gets out of the pocket. If you do Cover 0, it is going to Fuller, 100%.

Keep Watson in the pocket, and play good coverage and get to him to sack him even if it takes 5-6 seconds, and on the other side, run the ball real well and keep Watson on the sidelines. That is how we win this game. 

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I agree.  TBH what I am most concerned about is our OL coach.  I am starting to wonder if he messed up with our OL chemistry too much from last year.  I'm sure he changed things up some.  The fact that he kept Clark on the roster worries me.  I would have been pushing Ballard for some decent tackle depth.  I wasn't a fan of Haag's either but I thought he was better than Clark.   

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I agree.  TBH what I am most concerned about is our OL coach.  I am starting to wonder if he messed up with our OL chemistry too much from last year.  I'm sure he changed things up some.  The fact that he kept Clark on the roster worries me.  I would have been pushing Ballard for some decent tackle depth.  I wasn't a fan of Haag's either but I thought he was better than Clark.   

After Ya-Sin, Clark could legitimately be the worst player on this team. How he’s still around baffles the hell out of me. I agree about the O-line coach though. Everyone wanted to point the finger at Jonathan Taylor, but the O-line has really regressed this year.

Didn’t we also change DB coaches too?

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

After Ya-Sin, Clark could legitimately be the worst player on this team. How he’s still around baffles the hell out of me. I agree about the O-line coach though. Everyone wanted to point the finger at Jonathan Taylor, but the O-line has really regressed this year.

Good point.  You might be right on the DB coach.  I'm sure someone has the answer.  

19 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Haeg went to Tampa on a one year 2.3/3.3M contract.  IIRC, he was offered more money than here.  According to PFF, he's played 93 snaps, hasn't given up a sack and has one penalty, but his PFF score is somehow only 51.1.  He's listed as a T everywhere I see but might be playing G.

11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

As a team, we live and die by the choices we make. Sometimes the best coaches are not always popular or easy to get along with.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Haeg went to Tampa on a one year 2.3/3.3M contract.  IIRC, he was offered more money than here.  According to PFF, he's played 93 snaps, hasn't given up a sack and has one penalty, but his PFF score is somehow only 51.1.  He's listed as a T everywhere I see but might be playing G.

I read that he was brought in to be their starting RT.  I think he might have gotten hurt but not 100% sure.  Not sure he is still starting.

18 hours ago, Nickster said:

He was just horrendous.  Been an an apologist but this was a terrible game for him,  the face mask was just baffling.

Was listening to the announcer that said Rock has a wrestling back ground and that may be hurting him with all the grabbing wrestlers are programmed to do.

Time for Rock to take a seat and for Eberflus to find the door.  He digs a hole for the offense and then tries to fix it at half time.  it's like he plays soft or prevent until the Colts get down 14 to 21 points.  Rock gets no coaching and the Eberflus is the head of the defense. 

1 minute ago, Old Colt said:

Time for Rock to take a seat and for Eberflus to find the door.  He digs a hole for the offense and then tries to fix it at half time.  it's like he plays soft or prevent until the Colts get down 14 to 21 points.  Rock gets no coaching and the Eberflus is the head of the defense. 

Eberflus to find the door? 

Are you serious? image.png.e76368f204fd2d105787b5e19df8a39b.png

13 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Yeah that’s not going to happen.  The only way he isn’t here next year is if a team wants him as their head coach which could very well happen.

45 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Rock probably breathing a sigh of relief that Fuller is out. They’ll put Rhodes on Cook. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Texans move their receivers over to the side that Rock is on though lol.

I would, he's been a flag magnet as of late.

The more research I do the worse it gets.

At 5’11” he ran 4.51 40 and had a 7.51 3 cone which was worse that DK Metcalf (who was notoriously mocked for his terrible ability change direction) who ran a 4.38. Why did we draft this dude? He’s not even an athlete. Athletic body sure, and strength that’s impressive for a corner (18 reps at combine), but he has no business as an outside corner in the NFL.

20 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The more research I do the worse it gets.

At 5’11” he ran 4.51 40 and had a 7.51 3 cone which was worse that DK Metcalf (who was notoriously mocked for his terrible ability change direction) who ran a 4.38. Why did we draft this dude? He’s not even an athlete. Athletic body sure, and strength that’s impressive for a corner (18 reps at combine), but he has no business as an outside corner in the NFL.

Ballard still trying to find his next Peanut Tillman (Bears) at CB.

Quincy Wilson was strike one, Ya-Sin is strike two... 

Ya-Sin is strike two

Archived