Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The offense needs to get better.

CR91

Different week same old results for the offense. WE NEED TOUCHDOWNS! simple as that. We cannot keep moving the football and settlings for FGs. Everyone wants to blame the defense, but even when they were getting stops, the offense couldn't capitalize. We can't play like this and expect to win. 

Just now, CR91 said:

Different week same old results for the offense. WE NEED TOUCHDOWNS! simple as that. We cannot keep moving the football and settlings for FGs. Everyone wants to blame the defense, but even when they were getting stops, the offense couldn't capitalize. We can't play like this and expect to win. 

seems like we have no problem getting TD on opening drives after that I don't know what happens?

I know people are going to rain on Rivers and he deserves it for his two interceptions.  But on a bigger scale, the Colts offensive gameplan just annoys me to no end.  There is so little rhythm.  They will run Taylor three times and do well, then setup in shotgun with Hines in the backfield and do something.  It reminds me of Pep Hamilton where they get too cute for their own good.  I wish they would just line up and do what they do well instead of constantly changing the personal and attack around.

The offense needs a QB and much better play calling, especially in the red zone.  The color guy pointed it out the area the browns have problems with is passes down the seems and then they lose both safety’s yet the Colts attacked that area on like two passes.  Then trying to single cover the best pass rusher in football with your back up left tackle?  Really?  Then the 3rd down pass late in the game in the redzone you throw well short of the first down and never really had a chance.  Fair catching punts inside the 10 is so dumb and then you come out and try to throw when you had just had success running the ball and you know you have been having trouble with pressure all day?  I am for the Colts being more aggressive but that was not the time or place.  

That’s not even talking about Rivers poor decision making when he’s behind.  He’s making decisions that rookie QBs make.  That’s not inexcusable for someone who has the experience he does.  If he’s going to play like a rookie you might as well play Eason and let him learn or at the very least if you are going to play dink dunk put the QB in in Jacoby that does that and doesn’t make the poor decisions Rivers is making when behind.  

At least they only called the give it to Hines up the gut on second down play one time today.

12 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Colts really screwed up letting their O-line coach go. Not the same unit. Not the same nastiness. 

sad

remember he was a bully for being hard on the players . i said it was a good thing and got roasted for it saying they need to be nice .  well you have a nice coach now who babies players .

23 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Colts really screwed up letting their O-line coach go. Not the same unit. Not the same nastiness. 

sad

Dave Degug... whatever it is, wasn't the coach last year and the o line was pretty good. The o line was so bad today because we were missing our most valuable  o lineman. And the run blocking this season has been so bad because I think teams know that if we can't run on them then we surely won't pass on them. So it's mainly just teams committed to stopping the run game and just letting Rivers be Rivers and that's why we have 2 losses. 

2 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Dave Degug... whatever it is, wasn't the coach last year and the o line was pretty good. The o line was so bad today because we were missing our most valuable  o lineman. And the run blocking this season has been so bad because I think teams know that if we can't run on them then we surely won't pass on them. So it's mainly just teams committed to stopping the run game and just letting Rivers be Rivers and that's why we have 2 losses. 

Blankenship  is our best offensive weapon. We aren't  going  ti win many  games if that remains  the case

31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The offense needs a QB and much better play calling, especially in the red zone.  The color guy pointed it out the area the browns have problems with is passes down the seems and then they lose both safety’s yet the Colts attacked that area on like two passes.  Then trying to single cover the best pass rusher in football with your back up left tackle?  Really?  Then the 3rd down pass late in the game in the redzone you throw well short of the first down and never really had a chance.  Fair catching punts inside the 10 is so dumb and then you come out and try to throw when you had just had success running the ball and you know you have been having trouble with pressure all day?  I am for the Colts being more aggressive but that was not the time or place.  

That’s not even talking about Rivers poor decision making when he’s behind.  He’s making decisions that rookie QBs make.  That’s not inexcusable for someone who has the experience he does.  If he’s going to play like a rookie you might as well play Eason and let him learn or at the very least if you are going to play dink dunk put the QB in in Jacoby that does that and doesn’t make the poor decisions Rivers is making when behind.  

At least they only called the give it to Hines up the gut on second down play one time today.

All good points...I definitely don't understand catching it inside the 10 also, you're already inside the 10 so give it a chance to maybe bounce into the end zone because what's the difference between the 2 yard line or the 8?

Without breaking everything down, I expected a more dynamic O when Frank came to town. 

1 minute ago, IinD said:

All good points...I definitely don't understand catching it inside the 10 also, you're already inside the 10 so give it a chance to maybe bounce into the end zone because what's the difference between the 2 yard line or the 8?

Without breaking everything down, I expected a more dynamic O when Frank came to town. 

Yeah what’s going to happen the browns down it at the one and you might give up a safety?  Oh wait...

The offense, as a whole, sux.  I have no confidence in them scoring TD's, at least after the first drive.  Some of that is injuries, no doubt.  Some of it is poor play calling.  Some of it is poor decision making.    Some poor execution.  But it is ALL on the offense.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:48 PM, lennymoore24 said:

I know people are going to rain on Rivers and he deserves it for his two interceptions.  But on a bigger scale, the Colts offensive gameplan just annoys me to no end.  There is so little rhythm.  They will run Taylor three times and do well, then setup in shotgun with Hines in the backfield and do something.  It reminds me of Pep Hamilton where they get too cute for their own good.  I wish they would just line up and do what they do well instead of constantly changing the personal and attack around.

Well said.  RUN THE DAMN BALL<w/Taylor!!!>

On 10/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Good post.  Mo MAC and mo JT please.

The fact that we have consistently scored in the beginning of games, including passing the ball deep successfully, tells me that we have the capability.

Only way to explain why we fail after the first TD is play calling.  Coaches really need to get this figured out, because there is enough talent on the roster.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:51 PM, colts54 said:

Rivers threw the game away again this 2 games that rivers lost, Guy need to go next year

I'm counting 1.  Our D let Minshew go 19/20 and 3 TDs.  And Rivers put us in position at the end, but TY got the dropsies.

Yesterday can be placed on Rivers, even with the terrible offensive game plan from Reich.

One thing that is hurting our passing game with Rivers, and also hurt the Chargers last year, is not having a speed receiver.  I think we are really missing Campbell.

That said, our game plan has to change on offense.  Even the announcers pointed out that TY seems to be running underneath stuff exclusively over the last two years.  He is likely the only deep threat we have...use it.  And get MAC the freaking ball while we are at it.

Archived