Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lamar Miller visiting the Colts (MERGE)

Indyfan4life

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As long as he 100% I give it a yes. He was every bit as good as Mack is before he got injured.

Like I said we give him great option limited carries and solid line to run behind

Just now, w87r said:

I don't see the need for either, tbh.

Just going to take touches away from Taylor.

I don't see Hines as #2.

Honestly I see Hines more as a WR

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Like I said we give him great option limited carries and solid line to run behind

I don't see Hines as #2.

Honestly I see Hines more as a WR

Still have Wilkins and a guy on the PS

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He said earlier today he has 4 offers on table he is choosing from, of course he didnt disclose who the 4 are. Will be interesting,

Hopefully he takes someone elses offer.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't see the need for either, tbh.

Just going to take touches away from Taylor.

The last thing you want to do is throw a young RB into the fire before he's up to NFL speeds.  Playing RB takes a huge physical toll on a player, especially young players who haven't learned how to conserve themselves out there.  If we're gonna go with a rookie, I want him to have a reliable platoon partner.  Sign me up for Miller.

Personally I'd rather let Taylor platoon all year if possible, I think it's the best way to get a long career out of him

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

The last thing you want to do is throw a young RB into the fire before he's up to NFL speeds.  Playing RB takes a huge physical toll on a player, especially young players who haven't learned how to conserve themselves out there.  If we're gonna go with a rookie, I want him to have a reliable platoon partner.  Sign me up for Miller.

Personally I'd rather let Taylor platoon all year if possible, I think it's the best way to get a long career out of him

He can platoon with Wilkins.

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Question:  Do you honestly think Wilkins is better than Lamar Miller?

Coming off MCL and ACL tear, yeah I do. 

Question:

If we were going to just bring someone else in when an injury happened, what was the point of keeping Wilkins in the first place?

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Depth. 

Question:  you do realize that Wilkins vs Miller is not a zero sum game?  The only guy with any reason to worry is the last RB on the roster.  You get that right?

Yeah I get it.

Still don't want Miller.

I think we have plenty depth at the moment. Still 3 deep with a guy on PS also.

If someone else goes down, I would be more interested. At the moment, zero interest.

Not too excited really.  Just give it to Taylor and roll with Wilkens and Hines.  Whoever we bring on won't see much playing time.  Just need a 4th.  Miller is still out there for a reason.  MCl and ACL and probably wants a nice contract.  I would be surprised if Ballard over pays for past performance.  Taylor is our new workhorse. 

28 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Nooo what crap I would be looking at Cb then some stupid rb

As much as some don’t want to hear this there probably isn’t guys out there at CB better than what they currently have out there.  Like it or not baring injury these are the guys for the season.  So hopefully they get better.  

Speaking of injury they aren’t looking at Miller because they view him as some must have guy they are doing it because there was an injury and they need to replace that spot on the roster.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Someone is going to.  No running back takes 100% of the touches anymore.  

Of course he isn't taking 100% of the touches.

Already splitting touches with Hines, and we have a guy that produces everytime he gets on the field already on the roster. Only best ypc in Colts history. I would think we would want to see more from that guy. After all we did keep him on the 53 man roster for a reason. 

Taylor didnt get enough touches yesterday as it was. That's with Mack going down after 7 touches. Just dont see the need to bring on another guy right now unless it is a #4 RB behind Wilkins. Im sure that is not what Miller is looking for, especially if the post about him having 4 other offers is true.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Of course he isn't taking 100% of the touches.

Already splitting touches with Hines, and we have a guy that produces everytime he gets on the field already on the roster. Only best ypc in Colts history. I would think we would want to see more from that guy. After all we did keep him on the 53 man roster for a reason. 

Taylor didnt get enough touches yesterday as it was. That's with Mack going down after 7 touches. Just dont see the need to bring on another guy right now unless it is a #4 RB behind Wilkins. Im sure that is not what Miller is looking for, especially if the post about him having 4 other offers is true.

My guess is that they are looking at Miller to take the snaps the number two back would have gotten if they sign him.  Hines then goes back to his third down role and Taylor gets the starting reps with Wilkins getting some short yardage/injury replacement reps.  So I don’t think Taylor is going to lose touches from this.

i fully agree that Taylor didn’t get enough touches yesterday and they were using Hines too much to try to run.  Reich acknowledged that a little bit today when he said he didn’t call enough runs.  I think he panicked a little bit yesterday when they lost Mack.  

RBs get banged up in the course of a game all the time, just the nature of the position. If 2 RBs get banged up in a game and 1 cannot return, do we want to be on thin ice with fingers crossed? Or plan for depth to keep the 4th RB on the roster for depth?

Ballard is absolutely right on planning for  a  Plan B/C situation, should any more RBs go down and no quality ones are still available later.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

RBs get banged up in the course of a game all the time, just the nature of the position. If 2 RBs get banged up in a game and 1 cannot return, do we want to be on thin ice with fingers crossed? Or plan for depth to keep the 4th RB on the roster for depth?

Ballard is absolutely right on planning for  a  Plan B/C situation, should any more RBs go down and no quality ones are still available later.

Plus it takes sometime to learn the system so let’s just say a RB gets hurt in three weeks and they have to sign someone.  You are then bringing in a guy who doesn’t know your offense and counting on him.  Where as if you do it now you have more time for him to start learning and you can work him into the offense where he fits. 

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What if Taylor got injured?  There are bigger pictures to look at. 

If Taylor get hurt we are going to be in bad shape, Miller or not.

Guy hasn't had a carry since 2018 coming off double knee injury, not going to be the savior.

Here's to hoping if we decide to continue carrying 4 RBs on main roster it is Darius Anderson off PS or Johnathan Williams back.

If there is another injury, we can address it. Still wouldn't want Miller at that point.

Would take Freeman or Crowell then.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Guy hasn't had a carry since 2018 coming off double knee injury, not going to be the savior.

Here's to hoping if we decide to continue carrying 4 RBs on main roster it is Darius Anderson off PS or Johnathan Williams back.

If there is another injury, we can address it. Still wouldn't want Miller at that point.

I don’t expect him or any back out there to be a savior.  To do so would be foolish.  You aren’t a Miller fan that’s fine.  I don’t really care who they sign but they do need a fourth back.  

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Jonathan Williams is on the Lions active roster, if I’m not mistaken.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t expect him or any back out there to be a savior.  To do so would be foolish.  You aren’t a Miller fan that’s fine.  I don’t really care who they sign but they do need a fourth back.  

Exactly!!! Whether it’s Miller or someone else, a 4th RB on the roster is a good thing to plan for.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Fair enough.

I wouldn't say I'm not a Miller fan, I've never had an issue with him. If he was willing to take the 4th spot for the minimum or a PS spot to learn offense, I could get on board.

Just dont see a need for him to come in and take over the #2 early down spot. Would rather give carries to Taylor and Wilkins.

We kept Wilkins for a reason I would think, and this is it. So why sign someone to take over for him before he even gets his chance? Someone to back him up, yes I can get on board with that.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Fair enough.

I wouldn't say I'm not a Miller fan, I've never had an issue with him. If he was willing to take the 4th spot for the minimum or a PS spot to learn offense, I could get on board.

Just dont see a need for him to come in and take over the #2 early down spot. Would rather give carries to Taylor and Wilkins.

We kept Wilkins for a reason I would think, and this is it. So why sign someone to take over for him before he even gets his chance? Someone to back him up, yes I can get on board with that.

Well Taylor is going to get the starters snaps so no worries there.  Frankly I think you’ll see more of Hines or Wilkins getting the secondary snaps to start with no matter who they sign just because they know the system.  If they perform they will stick with them.

Archived