Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vegas Draft!!

Kyle

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Nope.   So will you be in the room where they announce the picks?

Or is it just to go party with NFL fans.  

Sounds cool.

How high were the hotel prices?   Did they jack them up for the event?

They showed the venue during the AFC Championship game, it's going to be outside with the main stage in the middle of the pool (I forget which hotel).  They said the draft picks will be taken to the stage by boat (and no, I'm not kidding).

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Booked my flight and room in Vegas for the NFL Draft!!   Just wanted to let you all know the Colts will be represented there in the crowd. 

I know it is new in Vegas but has anyone been to the draft before?  

have fun.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Booked my flight and room in Vegas for the NFL Draft!!   Just wanted to let you all know the Colts will be represented there in the crowd. 

I know it is new in Vegas but has anyone been to the draft before?  

I am working on my plans this weekend. Went to Nashville last year and it was a blast. Trying to make it an annual pilgrimage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I won tickets to the draft both years it was in Chicago.   Sat three rows from the stage the first year

Nice...I had a buddy (Bengals fan) that won as well. I should have gone when it was on Chitown those two years. Nashville was the first...and won’t be the last.

It’s such an amazing event for anybody who is a fan of the NFL.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Myles said:

Nope.   So will you be in the room where they announce the picks?

Or is it just to go party with NFL fans.  

Sounds cool.

How high were the hotel prices?   Did they jack them up for the event?

Ticket price are definitely higher that week but I actually had a comp available and got a 4 night stay free.  I have checked into getting tickets to day 1 but they havent released them yet.  waiting on an email update to see prices and what not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

How could anyone hate Vegas?

I can't lie I wasn't a fan of it. Went with my 2 oldest friend (definitely had a fun time), but I can't say I'd go back ever.

Wasn't trying to poo poo Vegas if it seemed that way. I can say I did it like everyone should if you've got the chance. 

11 hours ago, IinD said:

I can't lie I wasn't a fan of it. Went with my 2 oldest friend (definitely had a fun time), but I can't say I'd go back ever.

Wasn't trying to poo poo Vegas if it seemed that way. I can say I did it like everyone should if you've got the chance. 

If you don't mind me asking,   what was it you didn't care for?

17 hours ago, Kyle said:

Ticket price are definitely higher that week but I actually had a comp available and got a 4 night stay free.  I have checked into getting tickets to day 1 but they havent released them yet.  waiting on an email update to see prices and what not.

When I went you had to win the tickets to sit in the auditorium unless you paid thousands and got the NFL on location packages

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Well,  I would think they love it the most.   I'm neither,   but I love going to Vegas in the winter.    

I have only been to Vegas once and loved it. I probably walked through at least 30 or so different hotels just to see what each were like. All different and neat. The food and buffet's there were all fantastic and free drinks when you gamble. When I was there I stayed 6 nights Fri-Weds, left out early Thursday morning. I was there almost a week. The women there were beautiful too. I gambled and partied all week lmao . I was there in Feb of 2010 so the weather was nice, it was usually around 65 for the highs and 50 for the lows. I stayed at Mandalay Bay, very nice hotel. I will tell you who had a really awesome buffet that was the Wynn. They had everything imaginable.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have only been to Vegas once and loved it. I probably walked through at least 30 or so different hotels just to see what each were like. All different and neat. The food and buffet's there were all fantastic and free drinks when you gamble. When I was there I stayed 6 nights Fri-Weds, left out early Thursday morning. I was there almost a week. The women there were beautiful too. I gambled and partied all week lmao . I was there in Feb of 2010 so the weather was nice, it was usually around 65 for the highs and 50 for the lows. I stayed at Mandalay Bay, very nice hotel. I will tell you who had a really awesome buffet that was the Wynn. They had everything imaginable.

Yeah.  My wife and I go about every other year.   We love it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

If you don't mind me asking,   what was it you didn't care for?

The weather, some people not handling their alcohol consumption when walking around. And the guys handing me cards for a 'good time' when I'm walking with my wife. Lol

Wasn't terrible, but I just wouldn't go back.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah.  My wife and I go about every other year.   We love it

I have a timeshare in Vegas I bought in 2007 and have never been back there since then, have exchanged it for other places. Some day I will go back, just not at the top of my list of places to visit now.

2 hours ago, IinD said:

The weather, some people not handling their alcohol consumption when walking around. And the guys handing me cards for a 'good time' when I'm walking with my wife. Lol

Wasn't terrible, but I just wouldn't go back.

I collect those cards like I collected baseball cards as a kid.    Lol. I have thousands

I went to the NFL Drafts  for 6 years. The Philly Draft was my last one because it was impossible to get tickets to enter the Draft even though there were a bunch of empty seats.  I went from the First pick on day 1 until the last pick. 

It was a lot of fun but the NFL sells a package to the days of the draft called NFL on location and they are like $2500 a day.

I have been on the NFL Network and ESPN at the draft. I was also in the movie Draft Day.

I am dressed up in the Blue Zoot Suit and Blue Beard.

It will be really packed. Don't carry a bag into the draft. They have strict rules.

If I can answer any questions let me know.

This is the Blue Beard Facebook page I set up.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ColtsBlueBeard/about/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been to Vegas more times then I can count, often times for shows/conventions, races, etc.  There is something major going on out there about every weekend of the year.  I was out there last year for the SHOT show which is one of the biggest draws they have each year and prices were the same as always.  Been out for Tyson fight, UFC weeknds, and Nascar races also.  Would like to go out for the first week of March Madness sometime, just haven't made it.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 8:11 PM, Rebelknight said:

I went to the NFL Drafts  for 6 years. The Philly Draft was my last one because it was impossible to get tickets to enter the Draft even though there were a bunch of empty seats.  I went from the First pick on day 1 until the last pick. 

It was a lot of fun but the NFL sells a package to the days of the draft called NFL on location and they are like $2500 a day.

I have been on the NFL Network and ESPN at the draft. I was also in the movie Draft Day.

I am dressed up in the Blue Zoot Suit and Blue Beard.

It will be really packed. Don't carry a bag into the draft. They have strict rules.

If I can answer any questions let me know.

This is the Blue Beard Facebook page I set up.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ColtsBlueBeard/about/

The Nashville draft was free...so I would assume Vegas will be...especially with it being on the strip.

If it’s anything like Nashville...there will be a virtual waiting room that opens when the gates open for the Draft Experience that day (typically around noon). You have to be in the area to enter on the app...and do it immediately. My brother-in-law somehow got #15 the first day. A set number of people will be allowed into the front section to watch...behind the Super fans and media. 

I am very intrigued to see how Vegas does this. It’s going to be incredibly crowded.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, midwest said:

I've been to Vegas more times then I can count, often times for shows/conventions, races, etc.  There is something major going on out there about every weekend of the year.  I was out there last year for the SHOT show which is one of the biggest draws they have each year and prices were the same as always.  Been out for Tyson fight, UFC weeknds, and Nascar races also.  Would like to go out for the first week of March Madness sometime, just haven't made it.

I have not been for March Madness...but I have heard the weekend before (conference tourneys) are a great time to go as well.