Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For Peyton Manning fans

Coffeedrinker

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Found this clip, most have probably seen it but I thought it was pretty cool and typical Peyton.  I mean it's one thing to sign the ball but then to pass it to the mascot gave him something he will be telling his friends for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x85eQDa2JDk

I'm going to a Nuggets game this weekend.  I wonder if he has season tickets.  Manning... we were blessed to have our own "cheat mode" back in the day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

That was a great moment, although it still bothers me to see “former Broncos quarterback,” :Cry: I know it was at a Nuggets game but still just doesn’t sit well with me. 

I can't lie as well, that one will always bother me.

I had zero doubt in my mind Peyton's stat line when he retired would've been.....

1998-(until he couldn't do it anymore)

Team: Colts

16 minutes ago, IinD said:

I can't lie as well, that one will always bother me.

I had zero doubt in my mind Peyton's stat line when he retired would've been.....

1998-(until he couldn't do it anymore)

Team: Colts

We made the right move getting rid of Peyton. We were in total rebuild mode, had a stud like Luck coming in, and Peyton would've been stuck playing behind a bad O.Line. We did Peyton a favor letting him go, he found Denver and got that 2nd SB ring as a starter that so many do not have. Only 12 QB's in 54 SB's have won 2 or more. Peyton got it and retired a winner too which never happens.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

I miss Peyton! My wife and are expecting another baby in June and I was finally able to convince her to name this baby Peyton boy or girl.

I didn’t think of that angle.

The indianapolis school teachers must be having a heck of a time with 7 or 8 Peytons in EACH class.

And those are just the GIRLS !

35% of student’s names ought to be Peyton by now.  No?

just kidding.  If i was having a son, it would be hard to ignore Naming Peyton.

Personally, I would go with Antonio Banderas {insert last name here}.  Rolls right off the tongue.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We made the right move getting rid of Peyton. We were in total rebuild mode, had a stud like Luck coming in, and Peyton would've been stuck playing behind a bad O.Line. We did Peyton a favor letting him go, he found Denver and got that 2nd SB ring as a starter that so many do not have. Only 12 QB's in 54 SB's have won 2 or more. Peyton got it and retired a winner too which never happens.

Oh I 100% agree it was the perfect time to make a move (wish we had that type option when Luck moved on), I'm talking strictly sentimentally having Peyton for his entire career.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 7:02 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Found this clip, most have probably seen it but I thought it was pretty cool and typical Peyton.  I mean it's one thing to sign the ball but then to pass it to the mascot gave him something he will be telling his friends for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x85eQDa2JDk

Thanks for sharing.   Fun Stuff, and Marshall and Mosley are getting big!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I am of the belief that Manning asked to be released.  He knew he only had 3 or 4 more years left and did not want to be part of the rebuild he knew Grigs needed to do.

I totally believe Irsay had a mutual agreement with this and I'm still more than satisfied with how everything worked out and glad it worked out the way it did for Manning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I totally believe Irsay had a mutual agreement with this and I'm still more than satisfied with how everything worked out and glad it worked out the way it did for Manning. 

Totally agree.  It hurt when it happened, but I really think because Irsay let him go, Peyton not wheelchair bound.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 8:24 PM, Gramz said:

Thanks for sharing.   Fun Stuff, and Marshall and Mosley are getting big!

You and I think alike, Gramz.  The first thing I noticed were the two people sitting next to him and thought " woah!  No way are those are his kids.  Are they already that old??! ", haha.

Still waiting for Peyton to find his way to a permanent career in the broadcasting booth.  Great ambassador and spokesperson the league.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 12:49 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I am of the belief that Manning asked to be released.  He knew he only had 3 or 4 more years left and did not want to be part of the rebuild he knew Grigs needed to do.

probably wont be a popular comment but we could have kept peyton,  and traded luck(for a lot), accelerating the rebuild 

not sure that would have been enough to get another ring with peyton but we would probably have a better team now

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

probably wont be a popular comment but we could have kept peyton,  and traded luck(for a lot), accelerating the rebuild 

not sure that would have been enough to get another ring with peyton but we would probably have a better team now

If the Colts Line couldn’t protect Luck from injury, imagine them protecting Peyton???  We can’t change history.  What has happened, has happened...

3 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

If the Colts Line couldn’t protect Luck from injury, imagine them protecting Peyton???  We can’t change history.  What has happened, has happened...

the kidney and calf injures had nothing to do with the line, you could blame them for the shoulder though he also hurt it snow boarding 

its obviously a done deal just throwing out a hypothetical 

46 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I was in favor of this back then.  Not sure how it would have turned out, but the team would be different.  There were teams offering their whole draft+ for the Luck pick.  Cleveland and another.  We could have negotiated a Hershal Walker type trade.