Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt Fan, a quick question

ColtJax

We finish 8-8, we have the 20th pick in the draft and a good QB is falling, do we pool our picks and move up or do we stick with Brisett and get him some big weapons. 

My call is to get two quality WR's and Trade for Bell as a running back (Jets would let him go for cheap). However, if Tua fell to 12 I might be tempted tp give a 2 and 4 along with our #1 to move up..

2 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

The more interesting question is if we lose the next 2, will we be drafting in the top ten??? 

I'd say we might have a decent shot at winning next week. Some guy named Will Grier is their QB. 

I wouldn't guarantee a loss. I could see it, but not guarantee it.

We have the Panthers with Grier as their QB and the Jags with a good defense. We can win both or lose both. Hubert should be there at 10, but there's a few vets that could be available. I'd take Winston in  minute if he's available. The Red Rocket, Mariota, Bridgewater will all be available. Brisett isn't bad, he's a 8-8 QB, we need more.

• Like 1

We need Grier to play well Sunday. That way they aren’t thinking about a QB.

I don’t think Bridgewater is going anywhere. From what I have seen from him he loves it in NO. I could see him signing for another year or two if Brees doesn’t retire. I think he wants to stay there. The saints should want him for the future after Brees. No Mariota lol. 

Let's say a 6-10 QB.  Reich was smart sticking with Brissett the remainder of the season, not only didn't want to disrupt the culture in the locker room about loyal to your players and at the same time he knows deep inside if he let's Brissett play the rest of the season, we'll definitely guarantee us a top 10 pick....

3 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Cam Newton will be, the Panthers already said he's going to be traded. 3rd rounder? If he's healthy I'd take a flyer..

I'd rather roll with JB. And I don't want to see JB play another snap of football for the Colts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

The more interesting question is if we lose the next 2, will we be drafting in the top ten??? 

They will win the next two and Brissett will run around the field pumping his fist in the air like he just won the Super Bowl. The season will be considered a resounding success and Brissett will sign the largest ever extension for a NFL player. 

I think if Brissett wins the last two Ballard and Reich will be sky high and he will be our QB next year.  We will draft a DT with the 1st pick and Ballard will surprise us and spend in FA and get JB a serious weapon as well as acquiring a stud on the defensive side.  That said I'm not sure JB has the team anymore.  They looked very flat and uninspired and started to show disappointment in his play.  I think he's under a lot of pressure to deliver wins these last two games.  I'm not sure he can do to.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I think if Brissett wins the last two Ballard and Reich will be sky high and he will be our QB next year.  We will draft a DT with the 1st pick and Ballard will surprise us and spend in FA and get JB a serious weapon as well as acquiring a stud on the defensive side.  That said I'm not sure JB has the team anymore.  They looked very flat and uninspired and started to show disappointment in his play.  I think he's under a lot of pressure to deliver wins these last two games.  I'm not sure he can do to.  

I love the idea of drafting a DT with the 1st pick.... and another stud on defense and a playmaker WR, and a free agent RB.

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I hate to stick with Jacoby but if we do., i absolutely agree we need to draft DT. I would say spend on a stud CB in free agency. I have 0 faith in Jacoby every being anything more back up game manager QB.

Ballard likes to build the roster through the draft so a token win or

two at the end of the season only hurts our draft order.

Start Hoyer, sit TY and Mack and let's get a top ten draft pick.

I would much rather be 6-10 and miss the playoffs than 8-8

and miss the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This article about Newton says:

Newton is due just $18.6 million for 2019, a cheap asset that Carolina hasn't ruled out holding onto if he can show he can be himself again. In today's game, nearly $19 million for a starting QB is not expensive.

However, the expectation is that the Panthers will attempt to trade Newton this offseason provided they can get a large deal to make it worth their while. In what could be the most active QB market in years, Newton -- if healthy -- could be the centerpiece. That, of course, would depend on what happens to Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, and Drew Brees.

I don't see that as saying The Panthers have decided to move on from Newton.  Sounds more like media spin at this point.  Not saying it won't happen but doesn't sound like a done deal.

And we need to move on from Brissett, big mistake to keep him. He's not a good QB, as you witnessed the last few games. I know you'll say injuries to your wide receivers but if you throw it to them and not over, behind and way in front they'll catch the ball. This QB just don't have IT!!

On 12/17/2019 at 5:48 PM, ColtJax said:

We have the Panthers with Grier as their QB and the Jags with a good defense. We can win both or lose both. Hubert should be there at 10, but there's a few vets that could be available. I'd take Winston in  minute if he's available. The Red Rocket, Mariota, Bridgewater will all be available. Brisett isn't bad, he's a 8-8 QB, we need more.

Huh?
Winston is 28-40 as a starter
Mariota is 30-33
Dalton is 68-64
Bridgewater is the only one with a decent record (22-13) of that group