Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby to be game time decision (update: Brissett out vs. Miami)

GoColts8818

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Jacoby to be game time decision (update: Brissett out vs. Miami)

I understand every week is a challenge in the NFL and no team should be taken lightly, but Miami is trying to tank.  They also have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.  I also thought Hoyer played decently well against Pittsburgh, aside from that pick 6.  This gives Brissett more time to rest while Hoyer can hopefully lead us to a win in his absence.  I'm not overly concerned about Hoyer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Cool story bro.

if you told me after the divisional game last year.l, that Brian Hoyer  would be trying to throw TDs for us. I would've told you to F off.. gotta love the NFL

Seriously!   If Kelly plays that’s our 4th string called up.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

If Kelly ends up playing should we just cancel the season ??????????  Personally I am gonna give the kid a chance (Tho maybe only 1 chance) or if it gets down to him having to play maybe we should just cancel the season .

If the Colts were 2-6 or even out of the playoff race I’d say give him a chance and see what you have.  They aren’t.  They are right in the mix for the division title so you start the guy who you think gives you the best chance to win and that is Hoyer in the Colts eyes.  I know fans can and will debate if that’s who it should be but at the end of the day that doesn’t matter because right now the Colts feel Hoyer gives them a better chance to win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If the Colts were 2-6 or even out of the playoff race I’d say give him a chance and see what you have.  They aren’t.  They are right in the mix for the division title so you start the guy who you think gives you the best chance to win and that is Hoyer in the Colts eyes.  I know fans can and will debate if that’s who it should be but at the end of the day that doesn’t matter because right now the Colts feel Hoyer gives them a better chance to win.

I am only putting out a scenario where Kelly enters the game ONLY if Hoyer gets injured...…..ONLY if Hoyer gets injured !!!!!

35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Game is basically unwatchable now with Hoyer at QB. Only positive is this is the one game on the schedule he can win. Just going to root for a win to go 6-3 and have Jacoby return next week.

Well according to a lot of people on here hoyer played better then JB all season.lol. In all seriousness hoyer will probably do great. I mean he connected with pascal without any snaps in practice to him. Plus that Steelers defense is pretty good. Also Ryan Kelly will play and so that oline shouldn’t look as bad as it did last week. I don’t think Miami has a good dline or oline. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well according to a lot of people on here hoyer played better then JB all season.lol. In all seriousness hoyer will probably do great. I mean he connected with pascal without any snaps in practice to him. Plus that Steelers defense is pretty good. Also Ryan Kelly will play and so that oline shouldn’t look as bad as it did last week. I don’t think Miami has a good dline or oline. 

After this week, the people that hate on JB will have Hoyer in the Hall of Fame because I am pretty sure we will win this game lmao 

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It was definitely clear these two QB’s have two different strengths. JB is seemingly a conservative QB who is having troubles getting through all his reads. He doesn’t turn the ball over and he doesn’t take much risk at all. Hoyer was capable of going through reads, goes downfield easier and takes more risk in his play. Hoyer has always been a 2-3 game guy and then he comes down to what he is, a back up guy with fill in capability. 

congrats to Kelly for getting to the big show again. I’d like to see what he has to offer in a real game but understand why Hoyer is getting the start most likely. Maybe we blow out Miami and Kelly gets some 4th Q playing time 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After this week, the people that hate on JB will have Hoyer in the Hall of Fame because I am pretty sure we will win this game lmao 

There is a difference between people hating on JB and pointing out his short comings. And to date, I’ve seen little to none of our fans “hating” JB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

There is a difference between people hating on JB and pointing out his short comings. And to date, I’ve seen little to none of our fans “hating” JB. 

I have seen a few people hate on him, but yeah for the most part many do just point out his flaws so nothing wrong with that. I wonder how many people actually think we would've beat Houston with Hoyer or Kelly playing? That has been the most important game on the schedule and JB tore them up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Game is basically unwatchable now with Hoyer at QB. Only positive is this is the one game on the schedule he can win. Just going to root for a win to go 6-3 and have Jacoby return next week.

Why do you say that?  Hoyer did well last week when he came off the bench.  He’s a very capable backup QB and this the exact reason you invest in a QB like that so they can win you a game or two without your starter for a short time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Why do you say that?  Hoyer did well last week when he came off the bench.  He’s a very capable backup QB and this the exact reason you invest in a QB like that so they can win you a game or two without your starter for a short time.

I'm saying that because we aren't gaining any information about Brissett or Kelly. It's a team that's bad in the Dolphins playing against a team that is playing bad in the Colts. I honestly don't give two hoots about this game. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm saying that because we aren't gaining any information about Brissett or Kelly. It's a team that's bad in the Dolphins playing against a team that is playing bad in the Colts. I honestly don't give two hoots about this game. Sorry.

That’s fine.  I like the Colts and if I can watch every game Curtis Painter played I can handle this.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's actually a big game for us regardless so it means a lot. It is critical we win this game to get to 6-3 with the schedule we have coming up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's actually a big game for us regardless so it means a lot. It is critical we win this game to get to 6-3 with the schedule we have coming up. 

I expect to win and care about the outcome, I just don't care about watching this game, just getting the W. Don't care for Hoyer at all, he'll be worthless in the long-term.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Huge fan ..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

5QeM.gif

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I expect to win and care about the outcome, I just don't care about watching this game, just getting the W. Don't care for Hoyer at all, he'll be worthless in the long-term.

Might be worthless in the long run but he’s hugely important in the present.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is sitting up nicely for us IMO. Brissett gets a much needed week off to get 100%, TY and Funch getting healthy too for the stretch run. If JB had to get injured glad it was last week considering we play Miami this week. I trust Hoyer for 1 week vs Miami.

As long as we can stay in the race to get everyone back. If we can pull off this next three games we will be sitting pretty going down the stretch. There is no room for error though. The raiders right now have the easier schedule and are looking good. We are going to have to win the division I think to make the playoffs.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The line actually increased a little after Hoyer was announced. Vegas might like Hoyer better than Brissett lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Im not calling him weak. Im calling the situation weak sauce. Is this not a phrase you are familiar with.

clearly have heard of it and used it. The context that you said it seems odd and like you were in fact saying this about Brissett. 

apologies for thinking otherwise

19 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Colts training camp: Andrew Luck is throwing to TY Hilton and Devin Funchess

Colts in November: Brian Hoyer is throwing to Chester Rogers and Zach Pascal.

Football is a brutal sport 

That's why it's funny when you hear fans/media say that a team has their starter or star player for the 'next decade'. It's total nonsense, guys get injured, stop producing after getting paid and teams change real quick nowadays.

Recent examples are guys like Bell, Brown or the DE in Dallas who folks would've given truck loads of money too.

Football really is a crapshoot each season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

That's why it's funny when you hear fans/media say that a team has their starter or star player for the 'next decade'. It's total nonsense, guys get injured, stop producing after getting paid and teams change real quick nowadays.

Recent examples are guys like Bell, Brown or the DE in Dallas who folks would've given truck loads of money too.

Football really is a crapshoot each season.

It's the Peyton Manning affect with some of the people here. I don't blame them because from the 2002-2010 seasons, we won 10 games or more and made the playoffs. Making the playoffs 9 years in a row was automatic with Manning. Other than Brady with the Pats, that stuff doesn't happen in reality.

• Like 1