Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen

The number 2 seed is up for grabs.

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I would not read too much into the Colts and the Texans beating the Chiefs.  Against the Colts, the Chiefs were without their #1 and #2 receiver, 2 or 3 of their starting oline, and during the game lost their ILB, probowl DT and someone else.

 

Against the Texans the #1 WR was on a pitch count, still without their #2 WR, still missing 2 starting olineman, probowl DT, staring ILB.

 

I'm not saying the Colts or Texans did not earn their wins, both played good games but we all know if the Colts were that handicapped the Colts fans would be using that as a reason after a loss (don't believe me, look at the threads after the Oakland loss and how many people said, if the Colts had Funchess, Hilton and Leonard the game would have been different)

Fun fact the Texans secondary was also beat up. We know how the colts were beat up plus lost corners at times during the game. The Texans and colts both won for the same reason. They both controlled the time of procession and ran the ball. The Texans threw for more yards but the run game and controlling the clock was almost identical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are very fortunate that the AFC is so weak this year. Even if we don’t win the division (I think we will), we can easily grab a wildcard if we just play good football down the stretch. I mentioned this before, but not having any Nov or Dec games in outdoors/cold environments will really help us.

 

The Patriots actually look mortal this year, and I think it’s safe to say that Reich cracked the KC code.

 

I predict it as this:

1. Patriots

2. Colts

3. Chiefs

4. Ravens

5. Bills

6. Texans (maybe Raiders)

 

There are really only 7 playoff-level teams in the AFC right now IMO

The NFC is a different story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fun fact the Texans secondary was also beat up. We know how the colts were beat up plus lost corners at times during the game. The Texans and colts both won for the same reason. They both controlled the time of procession and ran the ball. The Texans threw for more yards but the run game and controlling the clock was almost identical.

It will be very interesting to see whether Joseph or Roby play for Houston on Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Fun fact the Texans secondary was also beat up. We know how the colts were beat up plus lost corners at times during the game. The Texans and colts both won for the same reason. They both controlled the time of procession and ran the ball. The Texans threw for more yards but the run game and controlling the clock was almost identical.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything.  But yes all teams have injuries right now.  But the injuries the Colts and Texans had were not the number or overall quality of players the Chiefs had lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

too early it just take a few injuries to be on the wrong side of any of the seeding. we just need to take care of the Texans (1 week) at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to win the division before we can talk about seeding. Right now...HOU is +1 in the win column...so next week's game is key. Lose that and they are two games back.

 

It's very early anyways. For all we know, there could a team that is 2-4 that will go on a Colts-like run to end the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we got lucky the AFC kind of fell apart this year.  chiefs are really flawed even when healthy, steelers are just a middle of the pack team now.  Tennessee and Jacksonville are treading water 

 

the texan games are the most important ones left on the schedule.  wont be shocked if we get in the playoffs but until we beat them i would have Houston ranked a little higher.  they have been pretty impressive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if we beat Houston I still think they are a better team. They have Watson and very good WR group. The fact is though whoever wins this game will have the inside track at that number 2 seed. Unless the raiders just make a huge run. Let’s win against Houston and take care of the weaker teams. I say Watson right now could end up winning MVP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson didn’t even beat the chiefs with the deep ball yesterday. It was a lot of dink and dunk and running the ball to keep Mahomes on the sideline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now even more so.  Mahomes now has a dislocated patella.  The way I'm hearing it on Twitter is that there's a chance he *doesn't* need season ending surgery this year.


A CHANCE.

 

  The Chiefs are in serious trouble.  They can be overtaken by any of half a dozen teams now, including the Colts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Now even more so.  Mahomes now has a dislocated patella.  The way I'm hearing it on Twitter is that there's a chance he *doesn't* need season ending surgery this year.


A CHANCE.

 

  The Chiefs are in serious trouble.  They can be overtaken by any of half a dozen teams now, including the Colts.

Man, if Luck was still here, Colts could have definitely been favorites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Praying for him. Raiders have a chance at that division now. Reid should of sat him tonight. It was a short week playing a bad Denver team. They have been playing with fire for weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, runthepost said:

New England going back to the Super Bowl again 

We need to stop being scared of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need to stop being scared of them.

Not scared just being realistic we aren’t beating them nor is anyone in the afc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Not scared just being realistic we aren’t beating them nor is anyone in the afc

From what I have seen I think they re beatable. They have played trash teams. Let’s see what happens when they play good teams the second half of the season.

 

Early indications from a X-ray is he dint fracture anything. MRI tomorrow.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need to stop being scared of them.

I agree,but it's fair to recognize that we don't stack up to them talent wise right now.  It would have been tough to match them even with Luck.  With Brissett... no.  I think Brissett is a very good QB, but... no.  The Patriots secondary would take the Brissett we have right now apart.  Not his fault the Patriot secondary is simply historically good and Brissett... isn't.

 

The way we beat the Patriots right now is to batter their offensive line, get pressure on Brady, and for our own secondary to return the favor on the Patriots' depleted receiver corps.   Teams have had some limited success against that team with the run, if we can get a few scores that way and keep them off the board like the Bills did we have a chance.

 

  It's not much but it's a place to start.  Until we get some maturity across the board in defensive personnel, a chance is all we're going to have anyway.

 

Until then I'll stick with what I said in the other thread, "never say never, but it would take a miracle."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets are going to beat the Pats on Monday. They aren’t invincible and their offense is a weakness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Jets are going to beat the Pats on Monday. They aren’t invincible and their offense is a weakness. 

 

How do you figure their offense is a weakness? They are currently #8 in DVOA on offense. They will likely trade for a WR at some point...to add some a solid group...and they have a good group of RBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Jets are going to beat the Pats on Monday. They aren’t invincible and their offense is a weakness. 

That’s a bad comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I agree,but it's fair to recognize that we don't stack up to them talent wise right now.  It would have been tough to match them even with Luck.  With Brissett... no.  I think Brissett is a very good QB, but... no.  The Patriots secondary would take the Brissett we have right now apart.  Not his fault the Patriot secondary is simply historically good and Brissett... isn't.

 

The way we beat the Patriots right now is to batter their offensive line, get pressure on Brady, and for our own secondary to return the favor on the Patriots' depleted receiver corps.   Teams have had some limited success against that team with the run, if we can get a few scores that way and keep them off the board like the Bills did we have a chance.

 

  It's not much but it's a place to start.  Until we get some maturity across the board in defensive personnel, a chance is all we're going to have anyway.

 

Until then I'll stick with what I said in the other thread, "never say never, but it would take a miracle."

They seem to be able to tear Luck apart to. The oline and running game we have I would not count them out. Even if we can’t the Texans or ravens might. Let’s see what happens when they play real teams. Their oline looks bad and is injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, runthepost said:

That’s a bad comment. 

The jets are much better with darnold back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

How do you figure their offense is a weakness? They are currently #8 in DVOA on offense. They will likely trade for a WR at some point...to add some a solid group...and they have a good group of RBs.

They only scored 9 pts in 3 quarters against the redskins. It took them until the end of the third and 4th to pull away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The jets are much better with darnold back.

Doesn’t mean much. Jets will score about 10 to 13 points. Jets don’t have the weapons to put points on New England. Only about 5 teams have a chance to put up 20+ on New England. Their defense is better than it was in 2014 

 

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They only scored 9 pts in 3 quarters against the redskins. It took them until the end of the third and 4th to pull away.

The score was 19-7 with 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter the game was already over the Redskins couldn’t move the ball. 26-7 with 4:35 left in the quarter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Doesn’t mean much. Jets will score about 10 to 13 points. Jets don’t have the weapons to put points on New England. Only about 5 teams have a chance to put up 20+ on New England. Their defense is better than it was in 2014 

 

The score was 19-7 with 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter the game was already over the Redskins couldn’t move the ball. 26-7 with 4:35 left in the quarter. 

It shouldn’t of taken them that long to put them away. I know it seems every year we talk about NE offense regressing. It’s going to happen. They clearly miss Gronk.  Until I see them beat a good team I am holding off how good they are. They play Houston  in Houston I believe next week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It shouldn’t of taken them that long to put them away. I know it seems every year we talk about NE offense regressing. It’s going to happen. They clearly miss Gronk.  Until I see them beat a good team I am holding off how good they are. They play Houston  in Houston I believe next week.  

The Patriots  are beatable, but it will take a team with a defense  like the Bill's with a good offense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically, the way I see it, if Houston beats the Colts this weekend, Houston WILL win the division.  If the Colts win, then of course the Colts will be in the driver’s seat, and more importantly, the Colts will have emerged as even MORE impressive of a threat.  
 

To me, bottom line for the Colts to win the division, not only is it an absolute MUST to beat Houston this weekend, but they would have to win the rematch as well (in addition to running the table against the Jags & Titans).  Fingers crossed. Go Colts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It shouldn’t of taken them that long to put them away. I know it seems every year we talk about NE offense regressing. It’s going to happen. They clearly miss Gronk.  Until I see them beat a good team I am holding off how good they are. They play Houston  in Houston I believe next week.  

They dominated the Skins.   Missing on a few early drives isn't a big deal when you are shutting down the other teams offense so well.  They won 33-7 and more than doubled them up in yards.  

 

I do agree that we will see more in the next few games.   I don't think I'll be picking against them in any of these.

But since this is the NFL, I'll predict them to go 4-2 in the next 6 games.  That'll put them at 10-2 for the season which will be a lock for a bye at this point.  

 

image.png.ad7f666dbdc0c02135634cecbb4f3149.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

From what I have seen I think they re beatable. They have played trash teams. Let’s see what happens when they play good teams the second half of the season.

 

Early indications from a X-ray is he dint fracture anything. MRI tomorrow.

 

 

NFL dot com is now saying the Chiefs are saying a minimum of 4 weeks, counting the bye week. Still awaiting MRI results.  This will make the Texans Game HUGE.  and may make that Oakland game loss sting more too. We have a path to the #2 but we really need to win Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, csmopar said:

NFL dot com is now saying the Chiefs are saying a minimum of 4 weeks, counting the bye week. Still awaiting MRI results.  This will make the Texans Game HUGE.  and may make that Oakland game loss sting more too. We have a path to the #2 but we really need to win Sunday

 

The Raiders loss stings a bunch and still makes me SMH. They should lose the next two games which makes my heart smile....

 

What we really need is Baltimore to drop a couple. They go to Seattle this weekend. 

 

I wouldn't sleep though on the Jags. Their schedule sets up nicely, and they could take some huge steps forward if they make some noise in the division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

The Raiders loss stings a bunch and still makes me SMH. They should lose the next two games which makes my heart smile....

 

What we really need is Baltimore to drop a couple. They go to Seattle this weekend. 

 

I wouldn't sleep though on the Jags. Their schedule sets up nicely, and they could take some huge steps forward if they make some noise in the division. 

Not really. We can go into Oakland  and beat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the winner of colts/texans will be in good position to make a run at a bye now.  both have tie breakers against the chiefs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not really. We can go into Oakland  and beat them.

Foxborough too, right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You telling me it's not easy to win a SB? What?? Lol

 

Guys get hurt and the season changes? This is madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • At the same time, not everything that happens, good or bad, to someone is due to racism either. For the very reasons you mention.    are there racist people yes, does that make everyone a racist, no. Should we attack people just because they are are different color, no. Should we point a finger at someone and claim they have some sort of privilege due to their skin color, no.    i, as I’m sure most of you do, have friends of just about every creed and color there is on earth. Some are very successful, others, not so much, depending on how you define “successful” and for that matter, rich. There’s no color pattern involved. The successful people have one thing in common, they generally at one point or another in their lives busted their butts for a while to get where they are. My friends who are living off government support, they expect someone else to make something happen to enrich their lives. They’re not bad people, just a bit misguided I think. I don’t call it lazy, I call it unmotivated and unwilling to take responsibility. And that applies to every race, color or greed.    Want something out of this life, then make it happen. I grew up in the streets of Chicago, a mixed race kid. I got the crap from all sides because of that. But I got out, joined the Army, dumped everything I could into my education, never got a grant or scholarship outside of what the Army would cover, which was about half. Now, I’m no longer active duty, got my Masters degree from a top 30 school and am finally starting to see some of the fruits of all that work. It sure wasn’t easy and it sucked. But I’m not like many of the kids I ran with back then. Most of them are dead, the rest are either in prison or have been.    life is full of choices and consequences, we can either let race and racism hold us back, or we can kick it in the nuts, and rise above it.    adding a separate “black anthem”, does exactly the opposite and sets us back 70 years. And anyone championing it and acting like it’s a good thing, is part of the problem. We are all either equal Americans, no matter color or creed, under the same flag, colors and anthems, or we are not. We can’t scream, protest and riot for equality if we’re not going to act as equals ourselves 
    • Not...  But I am willing to look at my OWN interactions and see if I can be better as a person. I hope others on this forum can do the same.It is NOT an easy task to feel what another individual is feeling but it CAN be done.  Thanks for saying.   I bring up the injustice that the Irish immigrants suffered when originally coming to america. I could have talked about the internment of the Asians in this country, the Italian discrimination or Hispanic downgrading . Just wanted to not bring up every ingredient of our Melting Pot.  The Irish were looked at being lesser people due to their lineage.  So did the others individuals that I mentioned.  This is why I bring this up. We should all see that downgrading individuals due to their ethnicity is wrong. You understand this. Just trying to get people to see that injustice can effect ALL people. This country can be better. Let's just give EVERYONE a fair shake.  Just saying.    
    • And when you get that solved on all sides, well, it’s just not realistic to think you can fix that across the board. Bad people are just bad people. Much like the gun debate, guns kill not people or vise versa, people are racist because they are simply terrible people inside, you can’t fix bad people imho. 
    • Yep, wasn’t there a movie where Brendan Fraser starred in about anti-Semitism? I am certain Anti-Semitic opinions still exist today.   We’re all flawed and have to learn to overcome several biases in life as we grow older. 25 years ago, when I moved to this country, I had the same view of Blacks as some people here, as a person of color without knowing any better.   I now know the truth is in the middle but am exhausted trying to convince people to meet in the middle, to be honest, it’s always a yeah but.., conversation with people stuck on the extremes with the narratives they grew up with or are unaware of the holes in them. When I became a US citizen, I remember my co-worker telling me you get the good with the bad history of the US as a new citizen and am realizing he is right.  
    • Oh yeah, Charles Barkley has talked about it, it’s a real thing too. It boils down to respect and trust being established with time, without divisive steps taken, one of which is this “alternative anthem”. If I’m calling out divisive words from the POTUS, it’s only fair I call this idea divisive as well, I’ll leave it at that.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...