Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs Hill and starting rb may both return this week.

Stephen

10 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

I am 100% for the Colts to sit T.Y., Leonard, and Mack.

Give them this week and the bye week to rest and heal for the Texans game.

This game is realistically going to be a loss and that Texans game is huge!

There is no reason to sit Leonard. He is either cleared or he isn’t. If he is cleared there is no risk of anything. If players can go they play. You don’t sit them because you think your not going to win.  TY might of been ok to go Sunday but by sitting him we lost a game we could of won despite that bad defense. Every game is critical. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

• Like 4

It is still 11-on-11, the last time I checked. Just line up and play with your best shot, and see what happens. Remember, the Broncos, during their big SB season, and the Seahawks, during their SB winning season, we just lined up and played and breaks fell our way. Yeah, it was with Andrew Luck, but you have to first believe before you can win. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He will likely be on a pitch count if he does but we will get killed in this game anyway.

What’s funny is all he was doing today was running routes and I think catching balls. He had a collarbone injury so I am sure they won’t put him out there until he has a couple contact practices. He was just in shorts and a T-shirt today.

The thing with hill you can just give him the ball and he will beat you with speed. All their other receivers have to be schemes open so it does make a little bit of a difference if he is not out there. They had no passing TD against the lions.

43 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is no reason to sit Leonard. He is either cleared or he isn’t. If he is cleared there is no risk of anything. If players can go they play. You don’t sit them because you think your not going to win.  TY might of been ok to go Sunday but by sitting him we lost a game we could of won despite that bad defense. Every game is critical. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

I mean I know what your suppose to do. Lol I’m just saying it would be a smart move.

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is still 11-on-11, the last time I checked. Just line up and play with your best shot, and see what happens. Remember, the Broncos, during their big SB season, and the Seahawks, during their SB winning season, we just lined up and played and breaks fell our way. Yeah, it was with Andrew Luck, but you have to first believe before you can win

I'm lucky that I still get grade school excited about watching 'the shoe' against anyone. Outcome be damned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What’s funny is all he was doing today was running routes and I think catching balls. He had a collarbone injury so I am sure they won’t put him out there until he has a couple contact practices. He was just in shorts and a T-shirt today.

The thing with hill you can just give him the ball and he will beat you with speed. All their other receivers have to be schemes open so it does make a little bit of a difference if he is not out there. They had no passing TD against the lions.

We are still in big trouble still cant cover TE's and Kelce destroyed us last time.

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Me too. Although I know there is a 90% chance we get our butts kicked I am still going to be excited to sit down and watch it with a slight hope we might pull off a miracle.

I'm a little excited because it is the Colts, but it will suck to get our butts kicked on Sunday night national TV.   I would agree with the 10% chance of winning.  1 out of 10.

3 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Honestly we should hope Damien Williams plays. He’s getting less than 2 yards a carry. McCoy should be starting for Chiefs, he’s reeling off over 5 YPC and is 6th in the league in the category. 

Damien might be just the 3rd down back anyways with McCoy doing the running downs, they may try to ease him back. When healthy, Damien has done better in the past for a few series. 

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

It is still 11-on-11, the last time I checked. Just line up and play with your best shot, and see what happens. Remember, the Broncos, during their big SB season, and the Seahawks, during their SB winning season, we just lined up and played and breaks fell our way. Yeah, it was with Andrew Luck, but you have to first believe before you can win. 

Excellent post.  It really seems to be sign of today's society... if it's not a near sure thing then don't put forth your best effort.  I see it all the time in the work place and by posts on this forum.  It's football the sport the gave us phrases like, "any given Sunday".

Line up, put forth the best effort and see where the cards fall.  Losing sucks, but not trying your best in every situation sucks a lot more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Excellent post.  It really seems to be sign of today's society... if it's not a near sure thing then don't put forth your best effort.  I see it all the time in the work place and by posts on this forum.  It's football the sport the gave us phrases like, "any given Sunday".

Line up, put forth the best effort and see where the cards fall.  Losing sucks, but not trying your best in every situation sucks a lot more.

I think they will put forth their best effort.   I don't think teams quit when the are 2-2 only games into the season.  Especially when they are in the prime time game.  

I just hope we can keep it close and not get embarrassed.  KC will be hyped up at home in prime time and they will be wanting to prove last week against the Lions was a fluke.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I think they will put forth their best effort.   I don't think teams quit when the are 2-2 only games into the season.  Especially when they are in the prime time game.  

I just hope we can keep it close and not get embarrassed.  KC will be hyped up at home in prime time and they will be wanting to prove last week against the Lions was a fluke.  

I wasn't talking about the team, I was talking about the attitude of some of the posters on this forum.

And frankly, I want the Colts to win, I don't think they will but I think they have a chance, this game, like so many others will come down to 4 or 5 plays, if all of those go the Colts way they will win, if only 2 or 3 go the Colts way they will lose.  But if the Colts get embarrassed by the best team in the NFL, oh well.  This team bounced back well from an "embarrassing" loss to the Patriots last year on prime time going 9-2 the rest of the season, there is no reason to think it won't happen again if they get trounced.

15 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

I am 100% for the Colts to sit T.Y., Leonard, and Mack.

Give them this week and the bye week to rest and heal for the Texans game.

This game is realistically going to be a loss and that Texans game is huge!

Sends absolutely the wrong message to the team. Look at what Reich's 4th and 4 decision against the Texans did to the team. This is the exact opposite of that. You can't admit to your team that you think you're going to lose before the game even starts unless you're tanking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

It really seems to be sign of today's society... if it's not a near sure thing then don't put forth your best effort.  I see it all the time in the work place and by posts on this forum. 

I agree, but what I also see, is....if you can't truly see a win, it is safer to declare a loss ahead of time so you won't look stupid? It is milk toast fandom in my world. 

As I have said for years, "It is far better to be wrong in expecting a win, than to be right, in expecting a loss".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Leonard did not clear protocol. This is going to be ugly.  KC is going by score 50.

JC 

Thanks for the update, that defense is hurting because of injuries. Really no one to blame at this point. I'm going to read the Jets forum about Darnold missing this week to make myself feel better! haha jkjk.