Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If We Shock The World And Take Rg3?!

bWild

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please...this is the last thing I want to think about...And what's with the comparison's of RG3 and Cam Newton??? RG3 is just over 6'2, 220lbs Cam newton is 6'5, 250lbs. Cam Newton was great cause of his size, you see him play in Charlotte?(I live in Charlotte and watched almost every game this year).

RG3 reminds me of Leaf the more I think about it and I can't see us passing on Luck...RG3 wasn't even close to Luck in the draft order till recently, he was projected at 5 in some earlier mock drafts. I think we would regret not taking Luck...I just want the Draft to get here so I can stop thinking of the "What if's"...

The risk is higher on RG3 with less reward in my opinion, I see Luck as the only decision, it's not even a question...

no, Luck ran a 4.4...which is PLENTY fast enough for a guy who is supposed to THROW the ball, not run with it. Luck also hasnt already blown out an knee, like RGIII has... "enough said"

yeah so he was a whole .1 second slower then RG3. everything else he matched Cam Newtons combine stats and RG3 was behind luck.

I'm gonna get lit up for this but whatever.

The first time I saw an Andrew Luck/Stanford game, I thought of Tom Brady. I despise New England, but I respect Brady for his playing ability and his accomplishments. He is the enemy, but he's a great quarterback. 97% of the time he's calm, cool & collected in the pocket. He doesn't usually get rattled. He doesn't usually make bone-headed mistakes. Andrew Luck, at Stanford, looked the same way. But Luck has better mobility/athleticism and he's physically bigger/thicker.

RG3 may turn out to be a good NFL QB, and he's MUCH better above the shoulders than Ryan Leaf ever was. That said, I think it'd be a HUGE mistake if the Colts didn't draft Andrew Luck.

Let's be real; Grigson loves athletic players (Vick, Young, Jackson, etc.) and with the success of Cam Newton, it isn't out of the realm of possibility. RG3 won the Heisman, he's got a great attitude and work ethic, plus players rally around him in a pinch. I'm not saying that I don't think the same of Andrew Luck, but it's a new era of Colts football and a pocket passer might not be our direction. Think about it; a stout defense (which is in the building process), and an electrifying QB that could create a big play at any given moment= success at any level.

Our defense won't be cured over night, but it all begins with the players attitudes and the coach and his scheme that lead them to whatever success they have. Pagano is a players coach with a great & creative defensive mind. Don't think this will be Manusky's defense. It's Pagano's, and he'll have the reigns. I forsee big things from this unit next season.

Offensively, our philosophy would lean on the run more often and I think Donald Brown will have breakout season regardless of which QB we draft. If RG3 were in that mix it would increase our running potency tenfold. Not to mention our down-field potential in the passing game would benefit from it too. I'm not saying that this will happen, but what if?

Thoughts?

Please...this is the last thing I want to think about...And what's with the comparison's of RG3 and Cam Newton??? RG3 is just over 6'2, 220lbs Cam newton is 6'5, 250lbs. Cam Newton was great cause of his size, you see him play in Charlotte?(I live in Charlotte and watched almost every game this year).

RG3 reminds me of Leaf the more I think about it and I can't see us passing on Luck...RG3 wasn't even close to Luck in the draft order till recently, he was projected at 5 in some earlier mock drafts. I think we would regret not taking Luck...I just want the Draft to get here so I can stop thinking of the "What if's"...

The risk is higher on RG3 with less reward in my opinion, I see Luck as the only decision, it's not even a question...

RG3 is likely not even 6'2" when you see him in interviews. Looks like about 6' 1/2"

he ran 2/10 of a second slower than RGIII....and how can you say "Let's be real; Grigson loves athletic players when Grigson has never been a GM until now, so "lets be real..." you have no idea who "loved" those players for the Eagles

Grigson was a scout. Scouts drool over guys like RG3, and for crying out loud, there's a difference between a 40 time and game speed.

Let's be real; Grigson loves athletic players (Vick, Young, Jackson, etc.) and with the success of Cam Newton, it isn't out of the realm of possibility. RG3 won the Heisman, he's got a great attitude and work ethic, plus players rally around him in a pinch. I'm not saying that I don't think the same of Andrew Luck, but it's a new era of Colts football and a pocket passer might not be our direction. Think about it; a stout defense (which is in the building process), and an electrifying QB that could create a big play at any given moment= success at any level.

Our defense won't be cured over night, but it all begins with the players attitudes and the coach and his scheme that lead them to whatever success they have. Pagano is a players coach with a great & creative defensive mind. Don't think this will be Manusky's defense. It's Pagano's, and he'll have the reigns. I forsee big things from this unit next season.

Offensively, our philosophy would lean on the run more often and I think Donald Brown will have breakout season regardless of which QB we draft. If RG3 were in that mix it would increase our running potency tenfold. Not to mention our down-field potential in the passing game would benefit from it too. I'm not saying that this will happen, but what if?

Thoughts?

Then I might decide to turn my back on the HorseShoe. They better take Luck.

RG3 is no Leaf. He has more upstairs and a bigger heart. Leaf failed because of a lack of brains and desire, not because he lacked talent. If RG3 fails it's because his game doesn't translate to the NFL. As was said in an earlier post, he ran more of a spread offense from a shotgun formation. He had great stats, but the Big 12 had terrible defenses. I think I saw a stat that said he played against 5 defenses ranked in the bottom 25 in the country. It would also worry me that he only did it for 1 year. I know Newton also was a one year college wonder, but he is one of the very few to have success in the NFL.

People are making ridiculous posts about bringing in Brandon Lloyd, trading for players like it was a game of Madden, and other silly scenarios, but I'm being crucified for asking what our team would look like taking RG3 over Andrew Luck?!

READ POSTS BEFORE YOU RANT!!!

Thoughts?

I'm not sure why you are getting on people for responding why we should take Luck over RG3. Your post certainly looks more like you are making a case for drafting RG3 over Luck than does asking what the Colts would look like with RG3. That may not have been your intent, but when reading it it sure sounds that way.

yeah so he was a whole .1 second slower then RG3. everything else he matched Cam Newtons combine stats and RG3 was behind luck.

thats my point (hopefully you're not arguing what i said! lol)... .1 seconds slower doesnt mean jack when you're supposed to be a QB and not a RB...especially when he's also the superior when it comes to throwing the ball, reading the defense etc

Grigson was a scout. Scouts drool over guys like RG3, and for crying out loud, there's a difference between a 40 time and game speed.

scouts may drool over guys like RGIII, but if thats the case, then they would need a mop and bucket to clean up the drool over Luck...because he's the superior QB and only .1 seconds slower in a 40...which means absolutely NOTHING when you're a QB and not a RB or WR. Everyone went nuts over the #s that Cam Newton put up at the combine last year...well Luck either matched or beat every one of those, and is also much much better at THROWING the ball (which is important if you're the QB) and also much better at reading the other team's defense.

RGIII is the flavor of the month...Luck will easily be the better NFL QB. Scouts may drool over the #s that Michael Vick put up at the combine...but Peyton Manning is the greatest to ever play the position...and his combine #s wouldnt have wowed anyone

People are making ridiculous posts about bringing in Brandon Lloyd, trading for players like it was a game of Madden, and other silly scenarios, but I'm being crucified for asking what our team would look like taking RG3 over Andrew Luck?!

READ POSTS BEFORE YOU RANT!!!

I'm not ranting. I'm just making fun of the fact there's another pick RGIII over Luck type of thread when there are already another 15 in the NFL draft section alone lmao

Check out footage on him, I heard mechanicly he may need a little work but he can make all the throws, is athletic can run and as the post above mine said, he can run right through some one if he chooses, I would prefer he didnt but ya gotta do what ya gotta do

Thoughts?

ESPN & NFLN would be pleased.

But game speed hasn't kept Michael Vick or Vince Young off of the injury report... and Grigson had a front row seat to that.

I won't deny that Vick, Young, Newton and RGIII were or will be exciting players in their first 2-3 years. But sooner or later they get creamed by a defensive player or players that have nearly the speed they do and usually 30-60 lbs more weight and then the injuries start piling up.

It would shock the world... that much is true.

But I'm 99.9999999% sure Luck will be the pick.

thats my point (hopefully you're not arguing what i said! lol)... .1 seconds slower doesnt mean jack when you're supposed to be a QB and not a RB...especially when he's also the superior when it comes to throwing the ball, reading the defense etc

lol no i wasnt arguing with what you said. i agree with what you said. Luck wasnt much slower then RG3 and he put up better numbers in the combine then RG3 other then that .1 second in the 40.

lol no i wasnt arguing with what you said. i agree with what you said. Luck wasnt much slower then RG3 and he put up better numbers in the combine then RG3 other then that .1 second in the 40.

honestly, i dunno why so many people are concerned with a QB's 40 time...i doubt that Montana, Marino, Manning etc wouldve ran a good 40 time...and Tom Brady looked ridiculously bad as far as athletic potential, at his combine...

Michael Vick had a great combine...and now misses half of every single season he plays...

Thoughts?

Grigson also recognizes how often Vick was on the sidelines. And for an organization who is rebuilding, one thing you definitely don't want, is your "franchise" QB on the sidelines. It will be 2011 season over and over again. We'd be the Dolphins, still looking to replace our star QB a couple decades from now...RG3 has had multiple concussions and a history of ACL issues.

There is no good reason to take RG3 over Luck

Its very possible, ppl act like they know who the colts will draft but until the colts call on luck its very well up in the air.... ppl want to act like luck is leaps and bounds over griffin when that's not even close to the case. Its not a tied race but its stills a race regardless.

This whole RG3 is more athletic nonsense needs to stop. Without looking it up, Im pretty sure that Luck beat RG3 in every combine event except the 40 yd. dash that they both competed in, and even the 40 times were not that far apart (about a blink of the eye). So to say RG3 is the more athletic QB is just not true, he's just a little quicker and who gives a dippitydoo about that? I want my QB making plays from the pocket, not running around so he can get creamed by any defensive player looking to make a highlight reel.

Luck will be the pick, don't let a few RG3 people warp your mind, IT"S LUCK!

Both Luck and RG are walking in to buzzsaws, much like Manning did. When teams ahve the first pick or seconf pick it means they stink. Good luck to both QB's they are going to need it. Remember Roger Carr when he came to the Texans, he was slaughtered for the lack of OL protection and never made it back to a starting position.

I will be furious if the Colts draft RG3 over Luck, nuff said. I have not heard a single scout say "this is the best prospect we have seen since Elway/Manning" about RG3. Why try to be cute and draft the one year wonder (who is one season removed from a torn ACL)?

honestly, i dunno why so many people are concerned with a QB's 40 time...i doubt that Montana, Marino, Manning etc wouldve ran a good 40 time...and Tom Brady looked ridiculously bad as far as athletic potential, at his combine...

Michael Vick had a great combine...and now misses half of every single season he plays...

yeah i dont see why either. the 40 time is only useful when its timed on a WR,DB or RB. and sometimes not even a RB if he knows how to read his holes right.

RG3 in my honest opinion will be more of a Vince Young than he will be a Cam Newton.

Griffin is a gifted athlete but I don't feel he will put in the time to study defensive schemes and will mainly rely on his athletic ability to get him out of trouble. I predict a lot of INTs and a short leash by Shanahan. He may out gain most QB's in rushing yards but I would rather have a pocket passer that can move if needed than a look once then run type of QB. Never been a Michael Vick fan and I think that Griffin could turn into that.