Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Browns joint practice 8/15

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wonder if Mack isn’t practicing much. This is good to hear on the run game.

For the most part the board loves Mack and our RB's.  I have been skeptical about our RB group for quite sometime.  Still a long way to go so I'm hoping we have nothing to worry about.  But I have to admit I remain concerned about that group.  Not only can they perform but are they durable?  We will see. 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

so after the injury  to one of our best camp players the browns decided to go full gangster and start mouthing off and throwing players to the ground after plays. I'm glad the colts aren't taking any crap. why act like * after an injury like that??

It makes you want to see the browns fail. I can’t stand arragoncy.

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s probably my over reaction but every year there is a team you think is going to be great and they go backwards. I think it’s possible it’s the colts this year.

IMO the Colts blew 2 things BIG this off season.

The seemingly lackadaisical response to Luck's injury since March.  Huge.

And the off season where they picked up.....wait for it....D Funchess.

Meanwhile the Browns went full out and look how much better they are.

I think this training camp should show the Colts management that trying to be patient and build that 'perfect team' through the draft is iffy at best.  With Luck out, and who knows when he will be back, the window of opp for any NFL team other than the Pats is very very small.

They had the opp to add 2 or 3 great players this year in Bell, Odell, and AB. 

We got D Funchess.

Obviously with Luck being injured now signing those guys may not have mattered, but at the time they seemed like good fits.  Just goes to show you how quickly things can change.

Peyton

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

IMO the Colts blew 2 things BIG this off season.

The seemingly lackadaisical response to Luck's injury since March.  Huge.

And the off season where they picked up.....wait for it....D Funchess.

Meanwhile the Browns went full out and look how much better they are.

I think this training camp should show the Colts management that trying to be patient and build that 'perfect team' through the draft is iffy at best.  With Luck out, and who knows when he will be back, the window of opp for any NFL team other than the Pats is very very small.

They had the opp to add 2 or 3 great players this year in Bell, Odell, and AB. 

We got D Funchess.

Obviously with Luck being injured now signing those guys may not have mattered, but at the time they seemed like good fits.  Just goes to show you how quickly things can change.

Funchess has been great in camp lol.

• Like 1

A lot of people getting down on the Colts for a poor performance today. Have to remember, it’s practice, they’re not showing all their cards, and Luck along with a few other players are not out there. We will be fine.

And I’m having a hard time believing there’d be such a dramatic scheme change between Oline coaches that would cause our oline to fall apart this season, gotta remember it’s all the same players that for the most part dominated last year. Once again, this is practice, I doubt they’re going 100 percent, JMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

When Jared is not around, Chloe takes over the overreaction duties. :D

That is my personality lol

Just now, HOZER said:

A lot of people getting down on the Colts for a poor performance today. Have to remember, it’s practice, they’re not showing all their cards, and Luck along with a few other players are not out there. We will be fine.

And I’m having a hard time believing there’d be such a dramatic scheme change between Oline coaches that would cause our oline to fall apart this season, gotta remember it’s all the same players that for the most part dominated last year. Once again, this is practice, I doubt they’re going 100 percent, JMO.

You would think but they have struggled all camp.

26 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'm not sure if this is official or just this guy's guess. But both a dislocation and a fracture? That wouldn't be good.

Man this sucks. I was really high on the guy this year.

Although they can hide him on IR this year now and not have to worry so much about cutting another wr.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is my personality lol

You would think but they have struggled all camp.

Also worth noting that I don’t think they’ve been healthy as a whole group all thru camp either 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Hire Peyton for PR director

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich is not happy. This could turn out to be the worst decision he has made.

The entire thing never made any sense to me.

You go from one of the worst OLs to one of the best....and you fire the guy?  Over a disagreement with a backup?

I don't get it.

I love Mudd, but he is way past his prime.  IMO, and I said this back when it happened, this could be a giant mistake.

54 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

tell that to steelers fans they still think the browns are going 5-11 and they are walking away with the division. not this year its different

FWIW I have the Browns winning the AFC North at 10-6. I dislike the Steelers as much as I do the Patriots. Based on what I see on paper and by my eye test the way the Browns played last season, I see 10-6. Baker is the real deal. 

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Peyton

Funchess has been great in camp lol.

No question.

My point is trying to build that perfect team by being patient?  In the NFL that really doesn't work unless you have a BB from the Pats as your head guy.  Normal NFL teams have a 2-3 year window to work with.  Hopefully the Colts get a little more aggressive next off season.

At this point I am predicting the Colts go 8-8 give or take a game.  I think it has been a very bad off season and training camp and believe it or not that does carry over to the season.

I love the Browns this year.  IMO they have a chance to go to the SB.  Had a great off season.  Great training camp so far.  Lots of positive energy. 

Meanwhile the Colts have had nothing but negativity.

All I'll say about the OL is it's really not too out there to suggest a step back is *possible*. Sirianni did say the OL's been bested most of camp by the DL (which, on the other hand, says good things about our DL). And aside from a few days missed by Nelson and Kelly, they've mostly all been out there. Not to mention it's possible if not likely at least one man goes down on the OL at some point.

I know "regression" talk is pretty much shunned here, but it's entirely possible.

• Like 2

Just now, csmopar said:

Also worth noting that I don’t think they’ve been healthy as a whole group all thru camp either 

You mean the oline? That was the case last year either (Castonzo missing, a lot of puzzling with the starters, etc.)

I would not draw conclusions about the OL based on TC though. If there's a unit - as a unit - who a) needs the most time to get themselves together, b) affected by game planning and play calling the most, it's the OL (and QB). So even if they'll start the season somewhat struggling, they can pretty much get themselves together by game 3 or 4, if they stay healthy. It's a talented unit. I have seen numerous "bad" Patriots olines in september, but I can't remember any bad Patriots olines from november-to-january. If Mudd still has his mojo - why wouldn't he? OL is not much different than 10-15 years ago -, hewill take care of them. As Scharneccia does it in Boston.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tough break for Fountain, he looked great in camp. Rogers will probably make the team for sure now. I like Rogers but feel bad for Fountain.

I think Rogers was always safe because we need sure hands at PR. I think it means Pascal is definitely safe though.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

so after the injury  to one of our best camp players the browns decided to go full gangster and start mouthing off and throwing players to the ground after plays. I'm glad the colts aren't taking any crap. why act like * after an injury like that??

How do you know that? You could also say that the injury upset the Colts and they were on edge the rest of the practice. 

My guess is that it affected BOTH teams. You saw how both teams went up to him while he was down. It changed the whole complexion of the practice. I don't think you could blame either team. What should have been done, imo, is that both coaches should have gathered everyone around and stressed how one person already got injured (non-contact), and while everyone is upset it serves notice that everyone should be cool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I know "regression" talk is pretty much shunned here, but it's entirely possible.

its always possible for every body.  this could be the best colts team since 2009 though, hopefully Luck doesnt miss time.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BWinCA said:

How do you know that? You could also say that the injury upset the Colts and they were on edge the rest of the practice. 

My guess is that it affected BOTH teams. You saw how both teams went up to him while he was down. It changed the whole complexion of the practice. I don't think you could blame either team. What should have been done, imo, is that both coaches should have gathered everyone around and stressed how one person already got injured (non-contact), and while everyone is upset it serves notice that everyone should be cool.

I know that cause the colts players were the ones repeatedly getting thrown to the ground after plays

• Like 1