Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Simulator

Been having fun with this. Multiple options (draft boards/team needs). Only takes a few minutes. Boards/mocks should start to settle a little with the combine coming to a close tomorrow. I used the most updated (fanspeak) board, and took user voted team needs.

Enjoy.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Here's mine for the Colts

26: R1P26

DL DREMONT JONES

OHIO STATE

34: R2P2

WR MARQUISE BROWN

OKLAHOMA

59: R2P27

EDGE OSHANE XIMINES

ODU

89: R3P25

CB KIY HESTER

RUTGERS

129: R4P27

OT CHUMA EDOGA

USC

135: R4P33

G LESTER COTTON

ALABAMA

164: R5P26

S MARVELL TELL III

USC

199: R6P26

RB MYLES GASKIN

WASHINGTON

240: R7P26

WR GREG DORTCH

WAKE FOREST

37 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Messed around and got DK Metcalf with Colts second pick in the 2nd round.  Not sure how realistic the mocking of this site is though who knows, maybe he will drop like a rock 

make sure you're selecting one of the more updated boards. Matt Miller's board is always pretty accurate and up to date. Fanspeak too. The choice of "team needs" can impact too. Fanspeak is always pretty accurate there as well too. Given DK's rise in the combine yesterday, doubt he'd be available. 

26: R1P26

LB DEVIN WHITE

LSU

34: R2P2

EDGE ZACH ALLEN

BOSTON COLLEGE

59: R2P27

EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON

LOUISIANA TECH

89: R3P25

DL JEFFERY SIMMONS

MISSISSIPPI STATE

129: R4P27

G LESTER COTTON

ALABAMA

135: R4P33

WR DEMARCUS LODGE

MISSISSIPPI

164: R5P26

RB BRYCE LOVE

STANFORD

199: R6P26

OT ISAIAH PRINCE

OHIO STATE

240: R7P26

S AMANI HOOKER

IOWA

Thats pretty fun. WRs and Corners flew off the board. We would still need to address WR, CB, and S. I'd push hard for Collins if he isnt tagged, and target Tate or Humphries at WR. 

• Like 1

Here is my mock. I think it’s pretty solid especially if the Colts can grab the two first picks I drafted. After round 5 I don’t know much about any of the players so I just drafted team need.

RD1: A.J Brown WR OLE MISS (My favorite pick for the Colts, Everyone is focusing on MetCalf. Brown Could be a stud)

RD2: Trayvon Mullen CB ALABAMA

RD3: Vosean Joseph LB FLORIDA

RD4: Mike Weber RB OHIO STATE (Doubt he will be on the board this late)

RD4: Andy Isabella WR UMASS (looked like he could be a solid option. Played very well in senior bowl and had a decent combine)

RD5: Mark Mclaurin S MISSISSIPI STATE 

RD6: Kingsley Keke DL TEXAS A&M

RD7: William Sweet OT NORTH CAROLINA (could use depth at Tackle for sure. Possibly could have taken a tackle earlier.)

Did this one last night... felt REALLY good about it.

1- Christian Wilkins- iDL

2- Hakeem Butler- WR

2- Chase Winovich- Edge

3- Renell Wren- iDL

4- Rock Ya-Sin- CB

4- Parris Campbell- WR

5- Justin Layne- CB

6- Ben Banogu- Edge

7- Miles Boykin- WR

Probably didn't need the 3rd WR, but I just saw Boykin sitting there and couldn't pass it up that late.

My draft was FAT!!!

R1P26

DL DEXTER LAWRENCE

CLEMSON

2: R2P2

WR N'KEAL HARRY

ARIZONA STATE

3: R2P27

CB TRAYVON MULLEN

CLEMSON

4: R3P25

LB D'ANDRE WALKER

GEORGIA

5: R4P27

RB ELIJAH HOLYFIELD

GEORGIA

6: R4P33

TE ISAAC NAUTA

GEORGIA

7: R5P26

WR HUNTER RENFROW

CLEMSON

8: R6P26

S UGOCHUKWU AMADI

OREGON

9: R7P26

G GARRETT BRUMFIELD

LSU

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend of Luck said:

2- Hakeem Butler- WR

2- Chase Winovich- Edge

3- Renell Wren- iDL

4- Rock Ya-Sin- CB

4- Parris Campbell- WR

5- Justin Layne- CB

6- Ben Banogu- Edge

7- Miles Boykin- WR

Probably didn't need the 3rd WR, but I just saw Boykin sitting there and couldn't pass it up that late.

If Boykin is there in the 3rd, you take him and don’t look back. I’m also not sure that Ya-Sin will be there at the end of the 4th. I’d like those first two though. 

Most draft mocks I see have 6 Edge and 7-9 DL taken in the first round. What a run on defensive big uglies. Kind of a big drop off after that in terms of ratings. That's 40% or more of the 1st round. Hope we can grab a stud with that first pick. Will be interesting to see how the WRs fall out as well.

So anxious to get going with both the draft and FAs this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Legend of Luck said:

2- Hakeem Butler- WR

2- Chase Winovich- Edge

3- Renell Wren- iDL

4- Rock Ya-Sin- CB

4- Parris Campbell- WR

5- Justin Layne- CB

6- Ben Banogu- Edge

7- Miles Boykin- WR

There is legit, zero chance, that Boykin goes past 3rd round, maybe 4th in this draft. I'd be willing to suggest he's no later than 2nd round. Guy is going to be a very good/valuable pro in this league. 

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

Most draft mocks I see have 6 Edge and 7-9 DL taken in the first round. What a run on defensive big uglies. Kind of a big drop off after that in terms of ratings. That's 40% or more of the 1st round. Hope we can grab a stud with that first pick. Will be interesting to see how the WRs fall out as well.

So anxious to get going with both the draft and FAs this year. 

Me too.  I think this is going to be a very difficult year for a lot of positions, there are really no super star studs in this draft at the normal positions.  I think there's going to be some big reaches and lots of busts in this draft.  DL, Edge are probably the two safest positions in the 1st round to draft.  Course, that is my own, unprofessional opinion.

• Like 1

There isn’t a single realistic computer mock in this thread.

Im not blaming the posters here.  You obviously take the best player available.    But as I’ve been saying for years here, most of what they  have is simply not realistic.   Nit even a little bit.

So saying...   “yeah, I’d like that draft” isn’t saying much.   We’d all like to get players 1-3 rounds after they should be long gone.   Who doesn’t love that?!? 

The games are fun.   But at some point you have to realize they’re not close to being realistic.   Not at all. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There isn’t a single realistic computer mock in this thread.

Im not blaming the posters here.  You obviously take the best player available.    But as I’ve been saying for years here, most of what they  have is simply not realistic.   Nit even a little bit.

So saying...   “yeah, I’d like that draft ysntvsaying much “.  We’d all like to get players 1-3 rounds after they should be long gone.   Who doesn’t love that?!? 

The games are fun.   But at some point you have to realize they’re not close to being realistic.   Not at all. 

it is a game no doubt, and it's supposed to be fun above all else. not sure why it bothers you...

if you play around enough with the choices (boards and needs), you'll find some realistic ones. some of the boards/rankings are updated every few days. the "team needs" choices also vary. the fanspeak for instance is pretty accurate. but you can also choose "fan voted" which is more homer, and i'd assume is more geared toward flash.

1 hour ago, DerekDiggler said:

Can you all post your scores when you post your picks? It would be nice to see the grades of each pick and the total scores

will do. going to do one shortly.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Me too.  I think this is going to be a very difficult year for a lot of positions, there are really no super star studs in this draft at the normal positions.  I think there's going to be some big reaches and lots of busts in this draft.  DL, Edge are probably the two safest positions in the 1st round to draft.  Course, that is my own, unprofessional opinion.

i think the rush on some positions, will be very good for others. so while i agree there could be some huge busts, there could also be some great value in the later rounds. ballard did pretty awesome with the later picks, so things could fall our way this year too.

14 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

it is a game no doubt, and it's supposed to be fun above all else. not sure why it bothers you...

if you play around enough with the choices (boards and needs), you'll find some realistic ones. some of the boards/rankings are updated every few days. the "team needs" choices also vary. the fanspeak for instance is pretty accurate. but you can also choose "fan voted" which is more homer, and i'd assume is more geared toward flash.

I’ve played these games...   I’m not talking out of my rear end. 

And it wouldn’t bother me at all except when I see comments that show the posters believe there’s a chance of this happening.  They think it’s realistic.

They don’t understand the reason their mock looks so good is that they’ve got 1st,  2nd, and 3rd rounders all over their mocks.   They’re not drafting 5th, and 6th and 7th round quality players in those rounds.    They’re still drafting good quality players.

Look...   I get these computer simulations are addictive.   Have fun!   But understand they’re not realistic.   Too many posters here think they are. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ve played these games...   I’m not talking out of my rear end. 

And it wouldn’t bother me at all except when I see comments that show the posters believe there’s a chance of this happening.  They think it’s realistic.

They don’t understand the reason their mock looks so good is that they’ve got 1st,  2nd, and 3rd rounders all over their mocks.   They’re not drafting 5th, and 6th and 7th round quality players in those rounds.    They’re still drafting good quality players.

Look...   I get these computer simulations are addictive.   Have fun!   But understand they’re not realistic.   Too many posters here think they are. 

i've played them for years. some are better (more updated and realistic) than others. you should also consider that some big names, are bigger because they are big in college, but may be thought of as not translating well to the NFL. so when you see those names in later rounds, it may see unrealistic, but in reality it could be closer to reality than not.

4 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

i've played them for years. some are better (more updated and realistic) than others. you should also consider that some big names, are bigger because they are big in college, but may be thought of as not translating well to the NFL. so when you see those names in later rounds, it may see unrealistic, but in reality it could be closer to reality than not.

So, in reality, the unrealistic portions of these sites may actually be more realistic because it's unrealistic to think that some of the players that were unreal in college will play unreal in the pros, it's assumed the will get a reality check in the pros making their unrealistic play at the lower level be truly unrealistic to achieve thus making their unrealistic availability in the later rounds a more realistic projection. :)

I will speak from experience on this, @NewColtsFan is on a personal mission this offseason to make sure that all posters on this forum keep their heads out of the clouds on draft choices and make sure that we all stay reasonable in our hopes and expectations. 

It does make one wonder why he would play these games if he is so against the results.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So, in reality, the unrealistic portions of these sites may actually be more realistic because it's unrealistic to think that some of the players that were unreal in college will play unreal in the pros, it's assumed the will get a reality check in the pros making their unrealistic play at the lower level be truly unrealistic to achieve thus making their unrealistic availability in the later rounds a more realistic projection. :)

I will speak from experience on this, @NewColtsFan is on a personal mission this offseason to make sure that all posters on this forum keep their heads out of the clouds on draft choices and make sure that we all stay reasonable in our hopes and expectations. 

It does make one wonder why he would play these games if he is so against the results.

I haven’t played these games in years.  I played for a couple of years back when they were new.   I haven’t played them in a long time.

But I don’t have to currently be playing them to know they’re still crap.   Because members excitedly post their latest results as if their mock is even possible.   When it’s not.

You won’t follow this recommendation, history tells me that...   but you should probably stay out of the business of evaluating me, my methods, and my reasons.   I’ll be diplomatic and say it’s not your strength.   Like I said...   not expecting it,  but a man can dream....

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

not sure if you got what i was saying. so i'll expand.

some positions go quick and are more prone to reaches (DL, Edge, OT, G, QB). some positions consistently get ignored based on "position value" or because some O or D systems value measurements/size as much or more than CFB production. some positions are just undervalued period for a variety of reasons. If you're looking for top QBs, OL, or DL performers, you have to go early. If you're looking for RBs, LBs, or Ss, you can typically find some steals later. WRs, TEs, and CBs, IMO fluctuate a bit, but more evenly spread.

for instance, use the big name RBs of Justice Hall, Trayveon Williams, or Bryce Love. Justice Hall blew everyone away with his 40 at the combine (and that should help). Love was the darling of much CFB talk at Stanford. Williams was a beast and top 5 rusher in the nation. Many would assume they'd go early. I doubt any of them go before the 3 rd round. Not sure any of them project as typical every down backs, and RBs historically don't go early (unless very special and ones that check all the size and measurement boxes). 

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I haven’t played these games in years.  I played for a couple of years back when they were new.   I haven’t played them in a long time.

But I don’t have to currently be playing them to know they’re still crap.   Because members excitedly post their latest results as if their mock is even possible.   When it’s not.

You won’t follow this recommendation, history tells me that...   but you should probably stay out of the business of evaluating me, my methods, and my reasons.   I’ll be diplomatic and say it’s not your strength.   Like I said...   not expecting it,  but a man can dream....

Don't flatter yourself, you are not that complicated.

24 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

not sure if you got what i was saying. so i'll expand.

some positions go quick and are more prone to reaches (DL, Edge, OT, G, QB). some positions consistently get ignored based on "position value" or because some O or D systems value measurements/size as much or more than CFB production. some positions are just undervalued period for a variety of reasons. If you're looking for top QBs, OL, or DL performers, you have to go early. If you're looking for RBs, LBs, or Ss, you can typically find some steals later. WRs, TEs, and CBs, IMO fluctuate a bit, but more evenly spread.

for instance, use the big name RBs of Justice Hall, Trayveon Williams, or Bryce Love. Justice Hall blew everyone away with his 40 at the combine (and that should help). Love was the darling of much CFB talk at Stanford. Williams was a beast and top 5 rusher in the nation. Many would assume they'd go early. I doubt any of them go before the 3 rd round. Not sure any of them project as typical every down backs, and RBs historically don't go early (unless very special and ones that check all the size and measurement boxes). 

I got what you said and I don't disagree, every year there are guys that are drafted way before some people think and there are others that fall way farther than people think.

I was just poking fun at the different variations of realistic.

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lighten up Francis!!! It just a game for fun!

And he’ll yea it would be awesome if we could pull off some of these drafts. Again it’s just for fun 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

My god NCF, lighten up. Did someone take a leak in your cereal lately? guys are doing this for fun and not harming anyone. As far as saying they like someone's mock, why not. No one can say that a mock is realistic or not at this point unless it is totally ridiculous .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Lighten up Francis!!! It just a game for fun!

And he’ll yea it would be awesome if we could pull off some of these drafts. Again it’s just for fun 

Always have to like a well-timed Stripes reference and That's the Fact Jack

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your score is: 34124 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (LAC): Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 2: Jones, Dre'Mont, DT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29 (K.C.): Johnson, Jaquan, SS, Miami (FL) (B+)
Round 3 Pick 27 (LAC): Hill, KJ, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 28 (K.C.): Ivey, Martez, OT, Florida (A+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (LAR): Samuel, Deebo, WR, South Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 18 (MINN): Campbell, Parris, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Scott, L.J., RB, Michigan State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28 (LAC): Biadasz, Tyler, C, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 4 Pick 31 (LAR): Long, David, CB, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Holyfield, Elijah, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Webster, Ken, CB, Mississippi (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17 (MINN): Smith , Saivion, CB, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: Rypien, Brett, QB, Boise State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 41 (K.C.): Langley, Isaiah, CB, Southern California (A+)
Round 7 Pick 2 (K.C.): Boulware, Venzell, OG, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 7 Pick 26: Love, Bryce, RB, Stanford (A+)

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

84c6967dd5f3e5cfa1c7885a281cec82.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Cowboys tag Lawrence, Houston tags Clowney. That's two FA DE's that won't be jumping somewhere else. Lawrence will not be a happy camper this time. Thought there might be outside chance we'd go after a big name free agent DE.

Chiefs tagged Dee Ford

9 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Chiefs tagged Dee Ford

it's tag time! the deadline is tomorrow for franchise and transition players. 

just read an ESPN article about who will be aggressive in FA this year. while they listed the Colts in the aggressive bucket, they made it clear that Ballard wasn't going to go crazy on a single player.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26076476/rating-how-active-every-nfl-team-2019-free-agency

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

My god NCF, lighten up. Did someone take a leak in your cereal lately? guys are doing this for fun and not harming anyone. As far as saying they like someone's mock, why not. No one can say that a mock is realistic or not at this point unless it is totally ridiculous .

Your last sentence is the point.

Most of these ARE totally ridiculous.

And I’ve never told anyone to stop playing.   I’ve always said these are fun.  I’ve even called them addictive.  I’ve simply shared that these mocks are not anyway realistic.   That’s all.

And I don’t know why you think no one can say what a realistic mock looks like at this point.    Yes, they can.  It’s not even that hard.   I’m sorry you don’t know that by now. 

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your last sentence is the point.

Most of these ARE totally ridiculous.

And I’ve never told anyone to stop playing.   I’ve always said these are fun.  I’ve even called them addictive.  I’ve simply shared that these mocks are not anyway realistic.   That’s all.

And I don’t know why you think no one can say what a realistic mock looks like at this point.    Yes, they can.  It’s not even that hard.   I’m sorry you don’t know that by now. 

Seriously?  These aren't realistic?   I think they are as realistic as any draft there is.  Explain to me why they aren't realistic?

5 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Seriously?  These aren't realistic?   I think they are as realistic as any draft there is.  Explain to me why they aren't realistic?

it depends on how you play them really.  they can be somewhat decent or pretty far off base 

they let you get away with some pretty questionable trades, at least the one i play does(firstpick.com).  it can be down right absurd if you want to get really trade happy 

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I quit school because of recess.....        I dont play games

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Don't flatter yourself, you are not that complicated.

Ding!    Hey,  do I have your permission to think of this as yet another snarky cheap shot?

Or are you going to do what you did the last two posts to me....   claim the cheap shots you took were actually jokes and that you forgot to use an emoji to show they were meant to be jokes and that I'm just too sensitive.     In other words,  you crap the bed,  take no responsibility,  and blame someone else.

Which simply makes you a gutless coward.

Here's a friendly tip on how to let someone know that your post to them was intended as a joke.   Try making it funny.  Always include The Funny!   That always helps.    I'm 62, and the next person to accuse me of not having a good sense of humor will officially be the first,  so that's not it.

But feel free to be a man.   Step up and own your own stuff.    Don't take shots and then try to blame it on someone else.    Own it.    You're not my friend and you have no interest in being friends.    Friends don't treat others the way you treat me.    And I'm fine with it.   Except don't pretend it's anything than what it really is.    You want to take shots at me --- fine.    But don't pretend they're not, because we both know they are.   You're not fooling anyone, except maybe you.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Because they have players who should be off the board,  drafted a long time ago,  falling to places that they will never fall to.      It's not uncommon to see a mock with first round talent in the first two-three rounds.     Hey,  it's easy to love that mock.

Then you see second round talent in R's 4 and 5.   And third and fourth round talent in R's 6 and 7.

What's not to love?   Glamorous, sexy names all up and down the mock.    It just doesn't happen that way in the real world.    This is not a new position for me.    I've been making posts like this for years now.   A fair number of people get it now.    A fair number seem to understand to a point.

And some people hope and pray that what what the Colts do is close to what their mock is.   They actually think there's a chance.     Doesn't happen.    Ever.     I've yet to see someone post a mock they made in Feb or March or April AFTER the actual draft to point to how close they came in real life.    If someone has made that post here,  I missed it.

Again....    I have never, EVER told anyone not to play these mock simulation games.   I've acknowledged how fun they are.    I've called them addictive.   I alway say to enjoy them!    But I add,  understand that they are not realistic at all.    That's all.    And suddenly today,  people think someone p***ed in my cereal.     These are the same posts I make every year.    I could cut and paste them from year to year.      Some appreciate them.    Some do not.    Life moves on.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because they have players who should be off the board,  drafted a long time ago,  falling to places that they will never fall to.      It's not uncommon to see a mock with first round talent in the first two-three rounds.     Hey,  it's easy to love that mock.

Then you see second round talent in R's 4 and 5.   And third and fourth round talent in R's 6 and 7.

What's not to love?   Glamorous, sexy names all up and down the mock.    It just doesn't happen that way in the real world.    This is not a new position for me.    I've been making posts like this for years now.   A fair number of people get it now.    A fair number seem to understand to a point.

And some people hope and pray that what what the Colts do is close to what their mock is.   They actually think there's a chance.     Doesn't happen.    Ever.     I've yet to see someone post a mock they made in Feb or March or April AFTER the actual draft to point to how close they came in real life.    If someone has made that post here,  I missed it.

Again....    I have never, EVER told anyone not to play these mock simulation games.   I've acknowledged how fun they are.    I've called them addictive.   I alway say to enjoy them!    But I add,  understand that they are not realistic at all.    That's all.    And suddenly today,  people think someone p***ed in my cereal.     These are the same posts I make every year.    I could cut and paste them from year to year.      Some appreciate them.    Some do not.    Life moves on.

I was being sarcastic

NCF, sometimes you just don't need to react to things. 

I totally agree with you about the silliness of these simulated picks. 

But it doesn't mean anything. Its just people who love the Colts and the NFL Draft having some fun. IMO, for what its worth, just let it be. :thmup:

13 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

I was being sarcastic

Ummmmm......

This is what you wrote:   Seriously?  These aren't realistic?   I think they are as realistic as any draft there is.  Explain to me why they aren't realistic?

You may have been something,  but sarcasm wasn't it.    There is no sarcasm in your post.  

You asked a sincere question,  I gave you a sincere answer.    You're free to disagree,  but there's no sarcasm there....

NCF, I have generally enjoyed your posts in the past but you seem soooo uptight lately. Loosen up and smell the roses. Guys are just having fun and no one is getting hurt. It's Colt fans  wishing their team to a great season and beyond. Don't ostracize yourself from a bunch of fans who are wasting time trying to get thru the off season. 

You are taking yourself too serious.

• Thanks 1