Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR day 2 or even day 1

Fat Clemenza

6 hours ago, dw49 said:

Probably that high 2nd round pick would get A Brown to Indy. Rooney usually means what he says and what he said was " 1 can't see Antonio Brown being on the team in 2019.

He would cost about 13 -14 million per year. He's going to be 31 next year . It seems like he had some issues with big Ben and it blew up ? I don't think he's a known trouble maker ... I'm not opposed as word is it wouldn't take a first rounder.

It will take much more than a 2nd round pick. Probably a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd. 

Like some people said above... I think we need to address it in multiple ways. Both in the draft and with trade or FA. This team has severe lack of reliable offensive playmakers. 

The bad thing is that this game showed that we have severe need of adding premier talent on the defensive line too. We got gashed the first time we met a serious above average offensive team. The guys had a great year considering the talent on the roster, but make no mistake - a lot of it was due to the horrible offensive lines and offenses/QBs we faced. Pretty much every decent QB/offense we met made easy work of this defense. 

The good thing is... we do have the assets and we do have the money to pay for premier talent if it somehow hits FA. Now lets see Ballard do his magic. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I don't think you read enough of this board to know it was three. Those were probably just the ones dedicated to you.
 I have time to amuse myself reading most of the interesting posts here. I have so for many years and learned a fair amount. Not everyone can do that, and it shows.
 Like people thinking Bell or Brown are Colts kind of people. Watch for those posters that suggest it and you can do what i should have done to you. Your Fired!
Enjoy your off-season.

you are not as smart as you think you are.  you are dumb enough to think you can tell people not to post opinions on a forum that actually asks for them.

i know you dont want bell and brown, but no one cares.  

The FA class at WR is weak. Golden Tate is nothing special at this point. Tyrell Williams is long and fast, but he is not a guy who consistently gets open.

Guys we need to be scouting for the draft:

DK Metcalf (think josh Gordon without of the field issues)

N’keal Harry (similar to dez Bryant) 

Riley Ridley (reminds me of Reggie Wayne)

Kelvin Harmon (physical, great body control, shows upside as route runner )

Next tier:

Hakeem Butler (huge, has occasional drops and route running issues)

Antoine Wesley (huge, better route runner than butler , really skinny)

Denzel Mims  (size speed freak who needs to work on route running) 

Damarkus Lodge - good releases and body control 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

It will take much more than a 2nd round pick. Probably a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd. 

I don't think so . He's going into his 31 year old season and has 3 years at 14 mill still eft on his contract. Plus he has a little "carry over " as not being the best locker room guy ?

15 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Looking at the WR class in FA, no names really stick out to me, so I’d probably address it in the draft. However, I think we can definitely address some pass rush and safety help in FA, so that will be a big help

Golden Tate the best in FA.  I know I’m hoping the Pats get him and draft heavily for D. 

5 hours ago, smittywerb said:

First round pick should be a rusher or corner.  Our second pick, the Jets pick,  (if it stays a 2nd round pick, we may try to move up) should be a WR.  And if it's true the Steelers want a 2nd round pick for AB, give them ours or the Jets pick.

The Steeers won’t trade him in the AFC and he will go somewhere like SF.. but the Steelers be down right stupid trade him. The dead cap hit be a killer 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

I don't think so . He's going into his 31 year old season and has 3 years at 14 mill still eft on his contract. Plus he has a little "carry over " as not being the best locker room guy ?

He’s still a top 3 receiver in the league. He may be 30 but he hasn’t shown signs of slowing down yet. And not all GMs are looking to add good locker room guys like Ballard. Someone will pay up. If Amari Cooper can go for a 1st there’s no doubt in my mind AB will go for a 1st. 

I don’t get those calling for an edge rusher in the 1st. The one guy I could think could be there would be Montez Sweat and I don’t think he’s going to come in and light the world on fire. 

A WR doesn’t have to be our first pick, but it could be and I’m sure if his guy is there, Ballard will take him. I know everyone is still feeling the burn from Dorsett, but that was a Grigson pick and a terrible mistake. Can’t just be anti-WR in the 1st round because of that or the recent trend of 1st round WRs not panning out. Just have to find the right guy. 

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I don’t get those calling for an edge rusher in the 1st. The one guy I could think could be there would be Montez Sweat and I don’t think he’s going to come in and light the world on fire. 

A WR doesn’t have to be our first pick, but it could be and I’m sure if his guy is there, Ballard will take him. I know everyone is still feeling the burn from Dorsett, but that was a Grigson pick and a terrible mistake. Can’t just be anti-WR in the 1st round because of that or the recent trend of 1st round WRs not panning out. Just have to find the right guy. 

We dont have to get an edge rusher weem can go DT and get pass rush from the interior DL.  We have too many positions to upgrade to focus on any one position in the 1st.

6 hours ago, Qcolts said:

The FA class at WR is weak. Golden Tate is nothing special at this point. Tyrell Williams is long and fast, but he is not a guy who consistently gets open.

Guys we need to be scouting for the draft:

DK Metcalf (think josh Gordon without of the field issues)

N’keal Harry (similar to dez Bryant) 

Riley Ridley (reminds me of Reggie Wayne)

Kelvin Harmon (physical, great body control, shows upside as route runner )

Next tier:

Hakeem Butler (huge, has occasional drops and route running issues)

Antoine Wesley (huge, better route runner than butler , really skinny)

Denzel Mims  (size speed freak who needs to work on route running) 

Damarkus Lodge - good releases and body control 

I really like Dk & Harmon. But we will only be able to draft one. I would go with DK in the 2nd and draft Deebo or Campbell in the 3rd. Wr spot would be solidified for a while. 

1st: DE C. Ferrell 

2nd: Wr DK Metcalf 

2nd: DT Jeffery Simmons

3rd:Wr Deebo Samuel (reminds me of Anquan Boldin) or Parris Campbell.

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

He’s still a top 3 receiver in the league. He may be 30 but he hasn’t shown signs of slowing down yet. And not all GMs are looking to add good locker room guys like Ballard. Someone will pay up. If Amari Cooper can go for a 1st there’s no doubt in my mind AB will go for a 1st. 

Cooper is a "YOUNG STUD". Dont mistake dumb decisions made by other GMs as wise moves. Dallas were desperate and needed to take a chance. Gruden is just dumb and wants everything his way (who trades away their #1 WR and DE???. Every situation is different. 

Just now, Matthew Gilbert said:

Cle Ferrell abused and man handled Jonah Williams(best OT prospect in the draft) at times in the natty. If he somehow slides down to the Colts pick, they better sprint that card to the podium! I have a feeling he'll be long gone by the time the Colts pick.

In the event he is...D. Lawrence or Jeffrey Simmons would be my pick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

If they trade him , we'll revisit it ? 

51 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

I really like Dk & Harmon. But we will only be able to draft one. I would go with DK in the 2nd and draft Deebo or Campbell in the 3rd. Wr spot would be solidified for a while. 

1st: DE C. Ferrell 

2nd: Wr DK Metcalf 

2nd: DT Jeffery Simmons

3rd:Wr Deebo Samuel (reminds me of Anquan Boldin) or Parris Campbell.

There is no way Jeffery Simmions lasts til our second 2nd round pick we will be lucky if hes available for our 1st round pick 

23 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

There is no way Jeffery Simmions lasts til our second 2nd round pick we will be lucky if hes available for our 1st round pick 

You're right. He goes with our first 2nd round pick. DK goes with our second. If DK is gone we go with Harmon. 

Swap the picks. Typing too fast

18 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

You're right. He goes with our first 2nd round pick. DK goes with our second. If DK is gone we go with Harmon. 

Swap the picks. Typing too fast

Your missing my point he wont be there in the 2nd unless some miricale happens. he is a projected top 20 pick we pick 25th or 26th in the first he might be gone there no way he will be there at 34th

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Your missing my point he wont be there in the 2nd unless some miricale happens. he is a projected top 20 pick we pick 25th or 26th in the first he might be gone there no way he will be there at 34th

No i get your point. 

Neither of us knows