Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR day 2 or even day 1

Fat Clemenza

Tons of money to elite players, which we need, because we wont win such a game like this today with rookies.

We need a few key veterans free agents and another solid draft. 

WR, S, maybe another O-line man, as Kelly is often injured and a DE and a CB.

Lot's of our holes will be filled in free agency, but we need more skilled players on both sides of the ball. 

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

Looking at the WR class in FA, no names really stick out to me, so I’d probably address it in the draft. However, I think we can definitely address some pass rush and safety help in FA, so that will be a big help

Gotcha.  We need all three yes.   And a corner.

Pass rush, WR, and CB with our first three picks. Not necessarily in that order although I would like pass rush first. I don't know much about the safeties in this draft, but I think that could be a need as well. Geathers and Hooker just aren't reliable enough. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I understand Ballard has interns tally the draft needs and the recommended individuals from here. It helps identify the top 5 needs and weighs the priority, and reduces the costs of scouting.

More time for shuffle board and cribbage. Keep up the good bloviating.

i dont think you get what internet forums are for.  we have sections dedicated to talking about the draft and free agency, you can stop telling everyone that our opinions dont matter

thats the third time this week you have made the same post

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I understand Ballard has interns tally the draft needs and the recommended individuals from here. It helps identify the top 5 needs and weighs the priority, and reduces the costs of scouting.

What source did you get this "understanding" from?

Definitely bring Inman back. Rogers/Pascal showed some  flashes during win streak but we can definitely use  another solid receiver to take  pressure off of Hilton. I would not be surprised if we tried to get a TE in draft. Ebron is a receiving TE but is not a physical player. We need to find the next Dallas Clark.  Doyle is OK but is not going to  get big gains after catching the ball.  Cox has potential  but is still a work in progress.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont think you get what internet forums are for.  we have sections dedicated to talking about the draft and free agency, you can stop telling everyone that our opinions dont matter

thats the third time this week you have made the same post

I don't think you read enough of this board to know it was three. Those were probably just the ones dedicated to you.
 I have time to amuse myself reading most of the interesting posts here. I have so for many years and learned a fair amount. Not everyone can do that, and it shows.
 Like people thinking Bell or Brown are Colts kind of people. Watch for those posters that suggest it and you can do what i should have done to you. Your Fired!
Enjoy your off-season.

Probably that high 2nd round pick would get A Brown to Indy. Rooney usually means what he says and what he said was " 1 can't see Antonio Brown being on the team in 2019.

He would cost about 13 -14 million per year. He's going to be 31 next year . It seems like he had some issues with big Ben and it blew up ? I don't think he's a known trouble maker ... I'm not opposed as word is it wouldn't take a first rounder.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

hush troll.....ignored, way past due.

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What source did you get this "understanding" from?

Sorry, he only follows me and a few others i recommend.   :spit:

And Andy got His team off to a fast start. DANG'IT.

Can't wait for the combine and FA.  

Don't take me overly serious j, i am older and have just a few pet peeves that get me here, too often i know. My NY resolution was about just that, and i have blown that bigtime already. I do apologize.

9 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

hush troll.....ignored, way past due.

WONK

What about Golden Tate? He'll be 31 by next season, but he's good for around 700-800 yards. Not a bad 2nd option. Pick up a WR with one of the 2nds (or heck, even the first if there's a player you really like), and you'll have:

TY, Golden Tate, draft pick, Cain, Inman, Pascal/Rogers (camp battle)

And then Doyle, Ebron, MAC, Travis/Hewitt as the main TEs.

That's pretty young and deep if you ask me. And you'll still have plenty of resources to build on the Dline and secondary. 

• Like 2

AB Steeler is available.

Probably for a 2nd.

I don't know how you don't inquire about that.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Luck is in his prime. He needs someone who can make a difference right away. He doesn’t have time to develop one for a few years. TY is getting older also.

I hope this wasn't Luck prime today...because he was terrible.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Probably that high 2nd round pick would get A Brown to Indy. Rooney usually means what he says and what he said was " 1 can't see Antonio Brown being on the team in 2019.

He would cost about 13 -14 million per year. He's going to be 31 next year . It seems like he had some issues with big Ben and it blew up ? I don't think he's a known trouble maker ... I'm not opposed as word is it wouldn't take a first rounder.

I have to agree here.  I think Ben is the big issue in Pittsburgh.  Playmakers don't grow on trees just like edge rushers.  If you want one you pretty much have to trade for one.  Dallas and Chicago did so.   Time to talk to Pittsburg and the Giants about OBJ.  Have to make some calls and start kicking some tires.  

We've needed a playoff caliber #2 for about 6 years now.

Also, when Margus Hunt and Denico Autry are your DTs, your defense needs a DT before pick 40 also.

I'm sure part of it was that Hunt and Autry are mobile and could contain Mahomes, especially since power running is not what KC does, but still......

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, threeflight said:

AB Steeler is available.

Probably for a 2nd.

I don't know how you don't inquire about that.

I'm sure i'll be in the minority on this but...

It goes completely against how Chris Ballard said he wants to build the team.

- Culture

Ballard has talked over and over again about the importance of building a strong culture. He has spoke about wanting to bring in guys of high character which he has done. Trading for Antonio Brown, no matter how talent, would go against this.

It's one thing to take a risk on a guy in the late round of the draft or a cheap free agent signing but a totally different thing to do it on a star player.

We all know how great AB is and yet the Stealers are willing to let him go. It makes you wonder what all he has done/how he has acted and be all the more hesitant to give up high draft picks for him.

- Build the Offensive/Defensive Lines

The other thing Ballard has talked about is building really good (and deep) offensive and defensive lines. That job isn't finished. You will not build good/deep lines by trading a high draft pick for a wide receiver.

I totally get the argument for trading for Antonio Brown. I would be puzzled if the Colts did it because it goes against the very two things I listed above. These are the things that Ballard said are important to him and how the team will be built. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I'm sure i'll be in the minority on this but...

It goes completely against how Chris Ballard said he wants to build the team.

- Culture

Ballard has talked over and over again about the importance of building a strong culture. He has spoke about wanting to bring in guys of high character which he has done. Trading for Antonio Brown, no matter how talent, would go against this.

It's one thing to take a risk on a guy in the late round of the draft or a cheap free agent signing but a totally different thing to do it on a star player.

We all know how great AB is and yet the Stealers are willing to let him go. It makes you wonder what all he has done/how he has acted and be all the more hesitant to give up high draft picks for him.

- Build the Offensive/Defensive Lines

The other thing Ballard has talked about is building really good (and deep) offensive and defensive lines. That job isn't finished. You will not build good/deep lines by trading a high draft pick for a wide receiver.

I totally get the argument for trading for Antonio Brown. I would be puzzled if the Colts did it because it goes against the very two things I listed above. These are the things that Ballard said are important to him and how the team will be built. 

You seem to put all the blame on AB and that he is the problem.  To me it's the Steeler organization who's at fault for their handling of Bell and AB.  That includes Big Ben as well.  It's a mess there.  They had a big discussion on NFL network today about AB.  Emanuel Sanders was there, the ex Steeler, and he really fingered Big Ben as being an instigator and not a team leader.  We see the drama but we don't know all the facts.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bell and AB both continue to have great years when they leave Pittsburgh.  And without all the drama. 

28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You seem to put all the blame on AB and that he is the problem.  To me it's the Steeler organization who's at fault for their handling of Bell and AB.  That includes Big Ben as well.  It's a mess there.  They had a big discussion on NFL network today about AB.  Emanuel Sanders was there, the ex Steeler, and he really fingered Big Ben as being an instigator and not a team leader.  We see the drama but we don't know all the facts.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bell and AB both continue to have great years when they leave Pittsburgh.  And without all the drama. 

It’s likely that all parties are part of the problem. 

As fans we certainly don’t have all of the facts. While teams in the league will have far more information on this situation there will still be a risk that comes with trading for AB. Is that a risk Ballard is willing to take?

I will be surprised if the Colts end up trading for Brown I think it goes against how Ballard said he wants to build the team.

• Like 1