Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This playoff win as a #6 seed was better than beating the Texans as a division winner and #3 seed

chad72

We just flat out match up better vs the Texans. Going this route, we get a team in the Chiefs that we can score and control tempo on than if we were to go to New England who are pretty much unbeatable coming off a bye unless you are a smash mouth team that likes to punch them in the mouth like the Ravens. The Patriots tend to have more issues at the AFCCG level, after getting banged up a bit. We are not built like the Ravens, so I like this route better. After watching how the Texans' RBs and slot WRs gained YAC underneath, reminded me how James White, Edelman and Rex Burkhead could eat us alive with an accurate Brady throwing them for YAC easily. 

This playoff win might have reduced the impact of that 4th down call in the first Texans game considerably given the fact that winning the division and hosting a playoff game was what was the stickling point decided by that 4th down call, IMO.

Thoughts???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We just flat out match up better vs the Texans. Going this route, we get a team in the Chiefs that we can score and control tempo on than if we were to go to New England who are pretty much unbeatable coming off a bye unless you are a smash mouth team that likes to punch them in the mouth like the Ravens. The Patriots tend to have more issues at the AFCCG level, after getting banged up a bit. We are not built like the Ravens, so I like this route better. After watching how the Texans' RBs and slot WRs gained YAC underneath, reminded me how James White, Edelman and Rex Burkhead could eat us alive with an accurate Brady throwing them for YAC easily. 

This playoff win might have reduced the impact of that 4th down call in the first Texans game considerably given the fact that winning the division and hosting a playoff game was what was the stickling point decided by that 4th down call, IMO.

Thoughts???

Pretty much on point! Our win hurts two teams. The Texans who won the division take a BIG L and are already out of the playoffs, and like you said earlier the patriots because they now have a much harder match up next week. We got gashed a bit late in the game, but I have trust in Eberflus to clean up and disguise our weak points. Can’t wait until next!

GO COLTS!! :lombardi:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Behle said:

No one is giving Colts credit for their performance tonight or quite frankly over the last half of the season. Sneaking up on teams will be fine with me for the rest of the year. 

Are you watching The Big Bang Theory or something. People are gushing about us......

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Behle said:

NFL network is talking about how Texans didn’t do this or do that. Nothing about what the Colts did. 

Well, the 2 least amount of playoff game points scored by a home team is 0 and 7.

0 vs KC Chiefs in 2015 and 7 vs Colts in 2018, both coached by Bill O' Brien.

Bill O' Brien does not know how to finish in the red zone. For the Colts sake, I hope he stays. :) 

45 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts???

Yep, he definitely knows how to attack Tampa 2 as we've all seen, lol. REALLY hoping they lose next week.

14 minutes ago, Behle said:

NFL network is talking about how Texans didn’t do this or do that. Nothing about what the Colts did. 

They are correct. They couldn't stop Andrew, Mack, our O-Line, our D-Line, our Secondary etc. Terrell Davis and Rod Woodson were very complimentary on GameDay Highlights....

I expected the Colts to whip up on the Texans. They were a paper tiger. I think this Colts team  is one of the better balanced in their history. That makes the Colts dangerous. Luck is in fine form, you have a good running game, and excellent receivers led by Hilton. As usual, a potent offense. 

I know a lot about good defenses by seeing so many good Ravens over the years. What impresses me about the Colts defense is how fast and physical it was . It looked very impressive. 

If the Colts hold court offensively against KC, their defense gives them an edge over KC, who has a poor defense. This makes Indy a very dangerous team. 

• Like 4

I felt that way too, plus I’d rather play KC and Andy Reid next than have to go to the house of horrors that is New England in the playoffs.

Not saying winning in KC will be easy but I’d rather face a team and coach that is known for underperforming in the playoffs than New England.

The New England loutish media is already making assertions against all of their possible future opponents including the Colts and Ravens. I’m really hoping we get by LA , and get a chance to punch them in the mouth in the playoffs for a third time. 

I’m still angry they blamed the Ravens and Colts for their deflating exhibition of shady tactics. It’s always something with them, snowplows, funky formations, equipment issues , phantom penalties from breathing in Brady, etc. Lets hope it’s the end of the line for them soon !!

• Thanks 5

18 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

The New England loutish media is already making assertions against all of their possible future opponents including the Colts and Ravens. I’m really hoping we get by LA , and get a chance to punch them in the mouth in the playoffs for a third time. 

I’m still angry they blamed the Ravens and Colts for their deflating exhibition of shady tactics. It’s always something with them, snowplows, funky formations, equipment issues , phantom penalties from breathing in Brady, etc. Lets hope it’s the end of the line for them soon !!

Couldnt agree more!!!

I hope Lamar Jackson is first rookie QB to beat Belichick at Foxboro.

Their fans make it worse to appreciate their team.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Couldnt agree more!!!

I hope Lamar Jackson is first rookie QB to beat Belichick at Foxboro.

Their fans make it worse to appreciate their team.

I really think either the Colts or Ravens can beat them this year. Still, neither of us can look ahead as hard games loom ahead of us. 

I am more concerned about a rookie QB going up against Belichick , than Luck. 

The fans and media up there are the worse. The arrogance is compounded by the recent Red Sox win. I never thought I would say this, but they are way worse than the NY fans, and maybe a shade better than Philly fans. 

19 minutes ago, MTC said:

Brilliant!!!

There’s still always going to be the “yeah but...” folks. Heck, some might have even wanted the Colts to lose so that they could be right, just won’t come out and say it; but I’m certain they’d have been vocal if we’d lost this game. I’m going to ignore their noise for a while.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts???

Prefer to play NE over KC. The chiefs will score at will, the underneath zone vulnerability will get exposed as mahomes will have plenty of time behind his line. The combination of Hill, Hunt, and Kelce may be too much for us.  We can beat NE, let the chargers out Baltimore attempt to take it the Chiefs. Either of those two teams have a better chance than we do.

9 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Colts showed the Texans who the top dog in the AFC South is. 

Yeah this game was essentially for bragging rights in the AFC South for a year. We haven't had that since the 2014 Season. We beat them 2 of 3 this season and twice in Houston, 1 being a Playoff game. We are the kings of the South again! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Prefer to play NE over KC. The chiefs will score at will, the underneath zone vulnerability will get exposed as mahomes will have plenty of time behind his line. The combination of Hill, Hunt, and Kelce may be too much for us.  We can beat NE, let the chargers out Baltimore attempt to take it the Chiefs. Either of those two teams have a better chance than we do.

Weird things happen at Foxboro, man!!! Despite losing 5 games, they’re 8-0 there and have only 1 playoff loss in history at home in the divisional round after a bye week. Hard to ignore those facts as long as they’ve BB and Brady together there!!!

9 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

The Colts-Ravens Alliance shall prevail against them in the end. They know their empire’s days are numbered. Should the Raven forces raze New England before our Horseshoed Legion arrives...I will rejoice heartily with the men of Baltimore. 

42 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The Colts-Ravens Alliance shall prevail against them in the end. They know their empire’s days are numbered. Should the Raven forces raze New England before our Horseshoed Legion arrives...I will rejoice heartily with the men of Baltimore. 

And if we should somehow fail , may the Colts crush that chowder chomping crew , marked by skullduggery and dirty tricks of every ilk. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts???

All valid, keep on mind we do run man concepts as well and a few games this season we did make considerable adjustments and it worked.  So, we can switch concepts, our personnel can do it but our base has been so good....let's go beat KC!

50 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It's the Baltimore connection? :)

• Like 1