Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack Attack

Malakai432

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Neither one is a "home-run hitter", they're both good "chain-movers".

Aside from the sheer volume of touches that Bell got the last few years, they're not that different.

You're extremely biased toward Bell for some reason.  :dunno:

It's pretty simple really.  Bell is the better player and would give us the best chance to win a SB.  Mack is average.  Bell is excellent.  I would always prefer excellent over average.  Young excellent players rarely become available.  To me it makes sense to get them when you can afford to.  

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Neither one is a "home-run hitter", they're both good "chain-movers".

Aside from the sheer volume of touches that Bell got the last few years, they're not that different.

You're extremely biased toward Bell for some reason.  :dunno:

I have no agenda and vote against spending for Bell but clearly Bell is a far more superior player to Mack at running, catching and pass pro. He was playing top 3 at his position last year. If we had “dammit Donald” as our RB, I’d say go get Bell if both Bell and Mack were on the free agent market. 

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

How many long ones did he break out of how many attempts?  He's an average serviceable back. Nothing special.

2017     Bell:        321 rushes         Longest run - 27 yds           runs over 20 yds - 3

2018     Mack:     195 rushes         Longest run - 49 yds           runs over 20 yds - 7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Mack is average.  Bell is excellent.

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

clearly Bell is a far more superior player to Mack at running, catching and pass pro.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Mack is more of a home run hitter than Bell, though.

If Mack could stiff-arm defenders Beastmode-style, he would be in the endzone every play.

Bell has a good stiff-arm, yet still never breaks long TD runs.  :thinking:

I'm not buying that Bell is "excellent" or "far superior" to Mack.  And their stats back me up.  He is definitely not worth the absurd amount of money he wants.

5 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

For the money we will spend for a RB, I want him to be able to avg 4-4.5 ypc, be capable of pass blocking and be an occasional threat as a receiver out of the backfield. I don’t want to see us pay 15-17 million a year for a guy who can run great, pass protect well and catch out of the backfield when we have Luck, TY and Ebron. The difference between that great back at 16 mil/yr and having an above average guy at all these jobs for 7-8 yr plus being able to add a solid contributor on defense for 10 million yr type guy I think trumps limitations you put on the cap space. If we had a lessor talent at QB, I’d say get Bell. We have a top 3 QB in the league, we should focus on depth and defense first. Draft a Leveon type guy to develop. 

We do have plenty of cap space.  So that is not a problem even at 15-17m.  TY is our only playmaker.  I love Ebron as a weapon but Luck needs another playmaker either at WR or RB.  Having a QB like Luck is more reason to have another playmaker to give him another weapon for the defense to account for.  So many people use the cap space as an argument.  I would worry if we were tight but we are from from tight.  Time to take advantage of our situation IMO. 

24 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We do have plenty of cap space.  So that is not a problem even at 15-17m.  TY is our only playmaker.  I love Ebron as a weapon but Luck needs another playmaker either at WR or RB.  Having a QB like Luck is more reason to have another playmaker to give him another weapon for the defense to account for.  So many people use the cap space as an argument.  I would worry if we were tight but we are from from tight.  Time to take advantage of our situation IMO. 

Never mind. You're just a troll

Edited by TheMiz

13 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Today all the talk is about Trust, Toughness, Team...and its working...and there are some who think there is even a remote chance that Ballard/Reich would bring Bell into this locker room?

Nope I don’t think so. The stats back up  bell isn’t that much  better then Mack and he could kill a locker room. He isn’t worth the money he wants. His stats do not back up his cost.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coltsnation said:

Mack is good but he's not even close to Derrick Henry from what I saw last night.  

There aren’t many RB as good as Henry. I don’t think we need a RB that is going to take over the game. We just need a runnng back that can get five or six yards when needed  to open up the offense. I think what we have with this O line is good enough.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I’m not making the cap space an excuse at all, we have tons of it right now. My argument is to go after the defense side and better back up position upgrades to supplement the team. I think having Mack as an above average player for his money and maybe going after another WR for the 2nd spot is better. When you start trying to buy #1 players in the market, it takes more money to do that and trying to upgrade role type guys gets harder. Can’t afford a team of #1’s. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Can't wait to hear you Bi*** about how our professional staff spends THEIR $$$ to build YOUR team over the next 3 years.  You will  :hissy: :wall:   :tvsmash:    :explode:

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

By long you mean 10-15 yards?

Lol yeah, although he can hit bigger ones. To me if we can run two plays and get a first that's amazing and breaking loose. I remember those 1-2 years if that times way to much. 

On the flip flop side he won't get positive yards every time. But then he'll pop one for a decent game. As long as we're chewing up clock and getting first downs I'm happy

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Can't wait to hear you Bi*** about how our professional staff spends THEIR $$$ to build YOUR team over the next 3 years.  You will  :hissy: :wall:   :tvsmash:    :explode:

This forum is going to be entertaining no matter what team Bell signs with.

:popcorn:

There will be people crying about it either way.  :catfight:

Luck does need another playmaker. But I don’t think we need to spend dollars on bell when Mack is just fine. We need another wide receiver. We will get Doyle back which will give us more two tight end sets. Both Doyle and Ebron can make big plays. But if we could get another WR to go with TY we would be that more dangerous.

• Like 1

Ballard isn't going to pay 15 mill per for a running back.   Especially one with suspension issues

1 minute ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I'm still pulling for your favorite guy in the draft from last year Rashaad Penny. To bad we did not draft him. 

I liked Penny, but I don't recall him being my fav player in the draft. I have tried to cut down on my time spent on the draft....waste of time and I'm not that good at it lol.

• Like 1

Ballard wouldn't even pay for Khalil Mack and we needed pass rush. On top of that the DL is one of the areas he places a lot of value on.  So now you think he's going to turn around and pay that money to Bell knowing we want to use Multiple RBs and we got 900 yards worth of production from Mack?  It wouldn't be worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coltsnation said:

If you watched the game you could see Henry was breaking tackles and would've killed us with a competent passing game.   

If you watched the game you would have seen Mack falling forward for positive yardage between the tackles after first contact.

Compared to how well Henry was playing for the past month, the Colts D stonewalled him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coltsnation said:

If you watched the game you could see Henry was breaking tackles and would've killed us with a competent passing game.   

I watched the game.  Henry is a gigantic rb, of course he is going to break more tackles than Mack.

yes, Henry is a good player. I just thought it was odd you seemed to base it last nights game.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Ballard wouldn't even pay for Khalil Mack and we needed pass rush. On top of that the DL is one of the areas he places a lot of value on.  So now you think he's going to turn around and pay that money to Bell knowing we want to use Multiple RBs and we got 900 yards worth of production from Mack?  It wouldn't be worth it.

At some point this board is going to have to come to a collective agreement to stop engaging richard pallo on the Le'Veon Bell topic, or these next three to six months are gonna be brutal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

At some point this board is going to have to come to a collective agreement to stop engaging richard pallo on the Le'Veon Bell topic, or these next three to six months are gonna be brutal.

I like Rich!  When I get bored I have to nudge him every now and then though.

I know he'll stick with his idea though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

As long as Le'eon Bell is not signed or traded to a team, he is always going to be a topic, for now, and I use the word now meaning Not For long (NFL) wise until this issue is resolved. 

42 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Marlon Mack  25 att 119 yds 1 TD 4.8 avg.

Derrick Henry  16 att 93 yds 0 TD 5.8 avg.

Pretty close.  Even closer if you take away Henrys' 33 yd gallop... (15 att 60 yds 4.0 avg)

Mack had a 21 yard run. Henry's calling card has been though back-breaking big runs lately. Hard to really take that out of the equation.

I would love to be able to pair a Henry-type RB with Mack...but one that can also make plays in the passing game. If you have an OL this good...that guy just becomes another weapon in the passing game. Outside of Hines...who is more of a scat back...the Colts don't have a great pass catcher at RB.

Bell obviously fits the bill. But I doubt they would pay for him. Another option could be Coleman...but I am sure he is looking for a starting gig somewhere.

I also like Montgomery out of Iowa State. Could be an interesting Day 3 pickup. 

I don't think the Colts will enter next season without another RB option that can compete for carries. 

36 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think he would have given Mack that contract just fine...it was the two 1st round picks that churned his stomach (reasonably so).

6 hours ago, ricker182 said:

Serviceable back, but you're lying if you think he's great.  He had a pretty good season outside of being injured.

I'm not a fan of paying top dollar or drafting RB's early though because I don't think their impact is worth it when their success depends more on the guys in front of them.

If one "thinks" it...it isn't lie.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

I think he would have given Mack that contract just fine...it was the two 1st round picks that churned his stomach (reasonably so).

The Bears receive the raiders 2nd rounder so the raiders got kinda screwed on that deal.

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

As long as Le'eon Bell is not signed or traded to a team, he is always going to be a topic, for now, and I use the word now meaning Not For long (NFL) wise until this issue is resolved. 

Assume the Steelers transition tag him, then nothing happens into July... good heavens.

• Thanks 1