Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack Attack

Malakai432

7 hours ago, Superman said:

And he tends to go down with minimal contact.

It's all true. I like him, especially in the open field or around the corner, but he has some flaws.

He does ..sometimes.  He goes through multiple arm tackles well.  But a body on him drops him every time.  But that is because of his style of running.  He is patient, waiting for the blocking to fully develop.  Then when the last block gets to his position, he turns on some sort of after burners and burst's into that designed hole. He goes north and south gaining as much as possible straight line with his speed.  I am of the opinion he does need to have a bit more  close area awareness though.  There are times only one guy is left to tackle him in front of him, and he just lowers his head instead of try to shake and bake.  I think he does this because he doesn't know if there is people around him that will tackle him if he slows down. 

He does fall forward every time though. hid yard after contact is 4th in the NFL.  Like I said, he breaks arm tackles and falls forward.

• Like 1

I have been a big fan of Bell for awhile, but I dont believe that they will go that way

Part of the allure of Bell to me at least is his excellent ability to catch passes

You can have one player, run the ball, catch the ball, and block a LB

Thats the benefit of that ONE player.

We have 3 RBs with 2 of these 3 traits (or 1 of 3)

When they come on the field, the defense can be more prepared for what they might do.

I truly want to get behind Mack, when he gets a 100% clean hole, he can be dangerous.

But........ when you get to the playoffs, the number of completely open holes will be much less

Mack can be (and is) brought down WAY TOO EASILY.

We dont need a 4.4 speed guy to be successful, just someone who is strong enough and can break an arm tackle, and catch swing passes.  

He really doesnt need to be all pro to be successful behind this line

Imagine if we had Derrick Henry?  (Or a player even similar)

With this line, we could truly POUND the ball.........  the LBs and safeties would be beat down by the end of the game...... and the play action would leave some wide open throwing lanes

I am happy we have Mack, but I hope we upgrade at RB in the offseason

• Like 1

My top choice to add to the backfield. I noticed him when looking at tape of Hakeem Butler (Our 2nd round pick to be....... :) )

Some people list him as 2nd or 3rd round pick

If he slid to round 3, I would grab him

Benny Snell 

Another possible replacement, who may go later in draft

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211771281

Injured 2018

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It's pretty simple really.  Bell is the better player and would give us the best chance to win a SB.  Mack is average.  Bell is excellent.  I would always prefer excellent over average.  Young excellent players rarely become available.  To me it makes sense to get them when you can afford to.  

Because 90% of the time those players that get to FA underperform majorly. Look at this past offseason everyone wanted Norwell an all pro and he's been very mediocre. That plus like any run game it goes with the OL, the Steelers have had one of or the best OLs in the league for years hence a major reason why our run game this year was just as good as the Steelers last year with Bell.