Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuries from the game

Jdubu

This will be the biggest story going into next weeks game is who is injured for the titans game now. Loss of Kelly really has affected the run game and no Ebron for the red zone will be big as well. It’s going to be a hard game to win on the road anyways but we need a full compliment of our players. 

• Like 2

neck is all we know, he could be Titans-ready, Ebron could be good too.  we need to concentrate on Pittsburgh losing and right now the Saints are not providing any help, just heaving a ball up for a pick is just not like Brees, i don't get it.  Pittsburgh moving the ball very easily on two drives...also a concern.  I hope the Saints defense starts playing ball and Brees gets it together, geez brees you used to be the bees knees

2 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

neck is all we know, he could be Titans-ready, Ebron could be good too.  we need to concentrate on Pittsburgh losing and right now the Saints are not providing any help, just heaving a ball up for a pick is just not like Brees, i don't get it.  Pittsburgh moving the ball very easily on two drives...also a concern.  I hope the Saints defense starts playing ball and Brees gets it together, geez brees you used to be the bees knees

That was taysom hill not brees

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I don't think us concentrating on the stealers game will have any effect on the game.   But I'll try

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Tennessee is beat up too but Kelly does have a huge impact. The blitzes were causing some issues today.

Yes they were and we’ve went away from those quick hitting slants and throws to the backs like we were earlier in the season during our no sacks run and now Luck seems like he is holding onto a bit longer looking for the big play and we are getting those delayed blitz’s and some normal blitz’s and they are throwing him off or getting to him. He may not be getting sacked like he was last year but teams are hitting him now more than they were 3-5 games ago. 

3 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I AS concerned about injuries on the defensive side--Anthony Walker, Kenny Moore, Quincy Wilson, Clayton Geathers...

Moore and Wilson both returned to the game.

Anthony Walker is this defenses secret superstar. He does his job soundly and allows Leonard to fly around.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

This will be the biggest story going into next weeks game is who is injured for the titans game now. Loss of Kelly really has affected the run game and no Ebron for the red zone will be big as well. It’s going to be a hard game to win on the road anyways but we need a full compliment of our players. 

Why does Kelly keep getting injured? How long is he out for now? 

4 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Anthony Walker will hopefully be able to go...hopefully. He was sorely missed today.

This ^. Him and Geathers missing made things painful to watch at times. Add in Kelly to help with protection then you start to see how big the win was 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Why does Kelly keep getting injured? How long is he out for now? 

Sometimes injuries just happen and you can’t prevent things. We don’t even know what the injury is for certain. It’s just labeled as a neck injury. 

Side note, I’m liking the Saints play right now. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

They may not have Mariotta is that correct ?

4 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Not sure what his injury is either. Not sure who I’d rather face for next game though Mariotta or Gabbert. 

He suffered a stinger and will be evaluated later in the week.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Does anyone know the severity of the injury?

Post game, they said it was a mild stinger. And that his play for next week was questionable. But they are going to reevaluate tomorrow

9 minutes ago, Pelt said:

I'm starting to think Kelly is made of the same material as Bob Sanders.

Nah, that’s Geathers.