Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fournette suspended for Colts game

PeterBowman

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't know.  Got to set an example on this one. 

I hope you’re right. 

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

The fact he came off the bench to throw the punch says to me that he has no chance of getting off with it.

Im not saying he won’t be suspended, i just think iy will be the week 14 game, not week 13. 

3 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Just saw it on Rotoworld. 

So let's recap their Monday:

OC fired

Starting qb benched

Starting high priced guard put on ir 

Starting rb suspended

Yep...they're a mess right now....bit don't take them lightly

Not trying to nitpick you but did Norwood go on IR ? I thought an ankle injury where he would miss a few games. 

Anyone that throws a punch at a dude wearing a football helmet should have to sit on the sideline for the next game writing a 2,000 word essay on why it's dumb to punch facemasks with your bare hands.

And pay the fine.

It doesn't take a genius to know that if the head/face is protected, you throw body punches...

tenor.gif?itemid=4393007

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Anyone that throws a punch at a dude wearing a football helmet should have to sit on the sideline for the next game writing a 2,000 word essay on why it's dumb to punch facemasks with your bare hands.

And pay the fine.

It doesn't take a genius to know that if the head/face is protected, you throw body punches...

tenor.gif?itemid=4393007

Wait the guy was wearing his helmet when Fournette tried to punch him in the head?

Part of me is thinking you have to suspend him to send a message about fighting.  The other part of me is thinking . . . "The * wasn't going to hurt anyone but himself."

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/28/leonard-fournette-loses-appeal-of-suspension/

...Fournette will have to miss practices and team meetings this week and the game on Sunday. He can return to the team on Monday.

The suspension is unpaid, but it could cost even more if the Jaguars seek to void the $7 million in remaining guarantees on his contract...

Even though Fournette is sitting out. They still have some weapons at running back. Carlos Hyde and TJ Yeldon. Both guys that can equally do some work against our defense. We just need to play sharp and have good momentum and believe in the team. Darius Leonard brings that mentality to our defense.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

I was just wondering about that. I know that a player's guarantees can be voided if he's suspended, but I'm not certain that it's true of any suspension. It might only be drug related or criminal related suspensions.

For instance, the Colts tried to void Trent Richardson's guaranteed money after he was suspended at the end of the 2014 season. He filed a grievance, and a settlement was reached. That suggests to me that it's not fully determined that a team can suspend a player and then void his guaranteed money. 

Of course, this was a league suspension, so it's not necessarily the same. It's also unlikely that the Jags are interested in voiding Fournette's remaining guaranteed money, at least not because of this incident.