Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Meeting With 1St Team - Denver (Merge)

Peyton and Eli fan

Im not expecting anything big from Denver. They'll say he wants them, so on and so on. All teams will essentially say the same thing, we want you and would love to have you here in _______. At the end of the day, it's his decision and I don't think the team that puts up the most cash will win him.

Thats my pick for where he will be. Elway knows Tebow is not going to win them a superbowl. Quarterback is one of the only things keeping them from winning it. All the pieces are in place for Peyton to win now not later. I think thats one of the things that will sway his decision on where he goes, a team that is ready to win now.

Miami is a better option. Denver has decent WRs, decent defense with Dawkins gone and maybe Champ soon, good O-Line, but Miami and NYJ has that too. Plus, Peyton stinks against the Chargers and does not want to play them twice a year lol.

Heard it on the radio. He is meeting with Elway soon and seeing everyone in Denver today/tonight.

Then meeting with the Cards another day this weekend. And the Dolphin on the day he is not with the Cards.

Looks like it is probably between Miami/Denver/Arizona.

Wow at Denver. I mean.....with Tebow mania I wonder what they do with him? I heard a Denver fan call up and say he is not thrilled by the idea of Manning but if you get him it's SB or bust. He said they won a playoff game with Tebow and with Manning you would expect quite a bit.

Expectations would be VERY high in Denver. Very high.

Denver has a terrible D, he is better off with the Chiefs, IMO. Miami, Denver and Arizona will have to re-structure enough contracts to accomodate Peyton.

Chiefs dont have to. Chiefs have the wideouts, the running game, the O-line, the defense, and the mid-size city flavor that Peyton will love.

Montana's agent/rep when he went to the Chiefs - Tom Condon.

Denver has a terrible D, he is better off with the Chiefs, IMO. Miami, Denver and Arizona will have to re-structure enough contracts to accomodate Peyton.

Chiefs dont have to. Chiefs have the wideouts, the running game, the O-line, the defense, and the mid-size city flavor that Peyton will love.

Montana's agent/rep when he went to the Chiefs - Tom Condon.

Yeah, it's pretty overrated. It was all year. They can't cover TEs either.

I also heard the Chiefs are the first team to offer Peyton a contract. I wonder if he turned them down for good.

I'd rather see him in Miami. I have always liked the Dolphins, but I have never much cared for the Broncos. Manning in a Bronco uniform is icky.

I hate the Broncos.

I also hate the Tebow thing. I thought Mr. Elway said they hoped to have Tebow as their long term starter.

Okay if you get Manning there then maybe Tebow can learn from him but I don't see why Peyton would want to go to a team where the backup has the following of Jesus.

Then again, Elway and Peyton might bond.

I hate the AFC West.

Yeah, it's pretty overrated. It was all year. They can't cover TEs either.

I also heard the Chiefs are the first team to offer Peyton a contract. I wonder if he turned them down for good.

This is the source for what you are saying:

https://twitter.com/...967334324047872

I have not heard ESPN or anyone else confirm that.

More on the Chiefs' interest: http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/3/9/2857890/clark-hunt-chiefs-peyton-manning-free-agent#comments

Oh Heck YA!!!!! Manning in Denver! Sweet love affair!! I may actually get to watch him play in person! My two fav qb's.. Tebow and Manning... excuse me for a moment..........

WAHOOO! Take Denver Peyton!! :broncos: + :goat: = :heart: for me

Tebow could potentially be traded if Manning goes there IMO. Based on speculation.

No secret Elway has been hot and cold on Timmy.

The colts had a photographer that is now doing the photography for the Broncos so that is nice

On the other hand.....whenever Colts v Broncos my husband always has a bet with his friend that is a broncos fan........that could turn ugly :)

I hear it's a lovely city

That's all I got on that.

I just can't see Manning rooting Tebow out of his position. I know Tebow hasn't proved much yet but look at craziness that would bring to the media. You really think Manning would want to dip his toe in that muddy puddle?

Besides Tebow and Manning have the same agent, awkward......