Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Leaves Waiter Huge Tip

ReMeDy

http://sports.yahoo....-210105919.html

Peyton-Manning-Receipt.jpg

Unfortunately, the waiter got fired for posting it, but wow, Manning is a real upstanding guy. Always finds the time to talk to reporters, always smiling, and now leaving big tips. Makes you wonder how many other big tips were left unreported due to restaurant policy.

I knew my first job shouldn't have been working fast food!

Most of us can't imagine that alternate universe where you can drop a thousand bucks at a steak house with no problem. I think he can afford it though. I heard that Peyton made 173 million off of the Colts for the years he played here. Imagine all his endorsement money as well. The dude is probably worth at least 250 million which is a quarter of a billion for all of you keeping track. Just boggles the mind:)

I want to know what all he ordered or must have picked up the tab for a group dinner. Wow!

It was the night before the Duke/UNC game, so Stokley, Clark, Collie, Tom Moore, were in town likely on his dime. His old UT OC could have been with them. Saturday could have been there. It likely had to be a party of 6 or 8 to get the 18% added on automatically.

It's a nice place in Raleigh, and it's not cheap by any means.

The waiter is a freaking * and I am not surprised he got fired. Peyton took care of the guy so the guy should have just said thank you and not made a big deal about it.

Peyton is just a good guy overall. Him taking the time to write a handwritten letter to the guy who lost his son just shows the type of character Peyton has.

The waiter is a freaking * and I am not surprised he got fired. Peyton took care of the guy so the guy should have just said thank you and not made a big deal about it.

Peyton is just a good guy overall. Him taking the time to write a handwritten letter to the guy who lost his son just shows the type of character Peyton has.

SHOW,,,why'd they fire him...

Is it wrong to tell people you got a tip from a famous guy

I'm sure restaurants have privacy policies and it is wrong to post the last 4 digits of someone's credit card on line.

This is why they were fired. Everyone...I mean everyone signs a privacy policy upon hiring that they will not disclose financial information. This is an open and shut case. Feel bad for the guy...but at least they have a nice pay check before looking for a new job.

SHOW,,,why'd they fire him... Is it wrong to tell people you got a tip from a famous guy

I am guessing they fired him because of privacy concerns. They are probably a nice restaurant and do not want their customers thinking their employees will go post their credit card receipts all over the internet if they are famous. It was just a real dumb thing for the waiter to do. He should have just accepted the tip and went on with his day.