Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Luke

NDcolt

I understand the Season has not gone as planned but the recent VIBES in this Org has me PUMPED!  It’s TIME for the LUKE to get back to a real home field advantage and the fans to unleash 5 yrs of built up FRUSTRATION on the Opponent!  I dream of the RCA dome days but that may never be again.  RISE UP COLTS NATION, Let’s join together & turn this SEASON around NOW.  

#inluckwetrust

• Like 4

I'm with ya man.

Several of the games haven't even been sellouts this year. 

Time to get the stadium packed again and go from there.  I have accepted the fact that the playoffs are likely out of reach this season.  Because I'm at peace with that likely reality, I'm looking forward to watching the young talent improve.

I'm looking forward to witnessing Luck become an even better QB.  And I cannot wait for Luck to shred Jalen Ramsey.

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Who is Luke?

Lucas Oil Stadium.  The "Luke" being short for Lucas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I'm with ya man.

Several of the games haven't even been sellouts this year. 

Time to get the stadium packed again and go from there.  I have accepted the fact that the playoffs are likely out of reach this season.  Because I'm at peace with that likely reality, I'm looking forward to watching the young talent improve.

I'm looking forward to witnessing Luck become an even better QB.  And I cannot wait for Luck to shred Jalen Ramsey.

Lucas Oil Stadium.  The "Luke" being short for Lucas.

The OP makes a lot more sense now!

• Like 1

Totally understand Zibbs on the lack of fans so far after the prior Regime debacle BUT I hope ALL Indy Fans see that this .Org has turned the corner!!!  This Sun is a huge test on whether this fanbase believes what their seeing or is in a wait n see mode?  I haven’t felt this strong since the Dungy days & hope Indy feels the same.  Trust me, this season is NOT OVER but without the local support in next 3 wks it could very well be!  RISE UP

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Why is everyone shouting at each other? 

Don’t confuse ALL CAPS as shouting but more of a BRAVEHEART type rally for the ages!  It’s time for the LUKE to become reunited as ONE & be a force for ALL visitors who dare to enter our turf!  

Or

continue to be a doormat for the laughing stock of an NFL fanbase!

OUR CHOICE

47 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Don’t confuse ALL CAPS as shouting but more of a BRAVEHEART type rally for the ages!  It’s time for the LUKE to become reunited as ONE & be a force for ALL visitors who dare to enter our turf!  

Or

OUR CHOICE

That’s the general understanding on the Internet. Can we maybe try using our inside voice, or use italics to emphasise words. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

That’s the general understanding on the Internet. Can we maybe try using our inside voice, or use italics to emphasise words. 

I've always used caps to emphasis words.  If an entire sentence is caps, i'm shouting. If i want to emphasis an entire sentence without caps as shouting, that's when i use bold and/or italics. This is something i've used for many years as an author.  And many authors do the same.

7 hours ago, NDcolt said:

I understand the Season has not gone as planned but the recent VIBES in this Org has me PUMPED!  It’s TIME for the LUKE to get back to a real home field advantage and the fans to unleash 5 yrs of built up FRUSTRATION on the Opponent!  I dream of the RCA dome days but that may never be again.  RISE UP COLTS NATION, Let’s join together & turn this SEASON around NOW.  

#inluckwetrust

I believe a lot of the problem with attendance at the Luke is the same across the entire NFL.  Many people are still protesting the way the NFL handled/handles protesters in their organization.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I believe a lot of the problem with attendance at the Luke is the same across the entire NFL.  Many people are still protesting the way the NFL handled/handles protesters in their organization.

Don't forget the scripted feel of games when the refs take over and

favor one team over the other and push them up the field or back.

Not to mention most fans are sick and tired of watching the Patriots

in the Super bowl more often than not.

Does anyone know which division we face next year in the NFC? I've been waiting to face the bears and packers so I van go to those games!  Dad likes the bears and friends like the packers and I would probably only go to a colts game for those two teams as of right now! I'm hoping we face that division next year.  I don't remember the last time we face that division. 

10 hours ago, NDcolt said:

Or

OUR CHOICE

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

We gave up our season tickets we’ve had since 95 this year because of the protests and nonsense involved in the game of it all. Some of the reason too was time involved for the football day and that my kids are now involved in so many activities that my time is more important with them than with a game of football by a bunch of spoiled men running around injecting politics and their views of the world into it. I don’t know if we will ever make it back to being season ticket holders or even attending live games but it’s been nice to have all the time freed up to spend with family. 

I would be happy to go to the games but in all honesty I can't afford what it cost for two people let alone a whole family to go to a game. It's not much fun to go by yourself either.

I have a feeling attendance is down all over the league. There is truth to some people not going or tuning out of the NFL. There are a few issues that are the reason and when you add them all together it does make people uninterested.

This is not the right thread to get into these issues.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:08 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I would be happy to go to the games but in all honesty I can't afford what it cost for two people let alone a whole family to go to a game. It's not much fun to go by yourself either.

I have a feeling attendance is down all over the league. There is truth to some people not going or tuning out of the NFL. There are a few issues that are the reason and when you add them all together it does make people uninterested.

This is not the right thread to get into these issues.

But watching on TV is free and much easier

Just a thought.

back in the 1990s, the Pacers, led by Reggie Miller and Co, were a heck of a force, especially at home in the playoffs.  Market Square Arena in the playoffs was just electric. Very very loud, crazy enthusiasm. Hurt opposing teams a bunch.

The RCA dome was much the same. 

Then we built The Fieldhouse and LOS, and really, the atmosphere changed a TON. No where near as loud or as magical. Was it the design on the buildings or has fan enthusiasm changed as ticket prices skyrocketed to fund the new stadiums or combo of both

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Just a thought.

back in the 1990s, the Pacers, led by Reggie Miller and Co, were a heck of a force, especially at home in the playoffs.  Market Square Arena in the playoffs was just electric. Very very loud, crazy enthusiasm. Hurt opposing teams a bunch.

The RCA dome was much the same. 

Then we built The Fieldhouse and LOS, and really, the atmosphere changed a TON. No where near as loud or as magical. Was it the design on the buildings or has fan enthusiasm changed as ticket prices skyrocketed to fund the new stadiums or combo of both

I don't like Lucas Oil near as much as the RCA Dome as far as atmosphere. Lucas Oil is a nicer stadium but we had a true Home Field Advantage when we played in the RCA Dome. Like I have Posted in the past I have been to around 50 home games in my lifetime, most of them were at the RCA Dome. I have only been to a few at Lucas Oil (around 10 or so) and the last game I attended was in 2013 when we spanked the Texans led by a young Andrew Luck. Anymore with me, I just do not want to spend the money to go to games, deal with crowds of people, or traffic downtown. I am just older I guess. Going to a game is fun though, I have done it alot. The atmosphere and watching it live is cool but now days why do that when you can lay in a recliner in peace, follow all the other games on your laptop, drink a 6 pack, cook up a bunch of Wings, use the bathroom when you need too which is 10 feet away without walking far? Also save a bunch of money and relax. Hell if I bought 2 beers at a game, that would be like 20 bucks now wouldn't it? I can buy a 6 pack for 6 bucks lmao .

-I enjoyed my time going to games, alot of great memories. Like watching us beat the Pats in 2009 at Lucas Oil 35-34 with that huge comeback on Sunday night but now days it's recliner time and saving money for me.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't like Lucas Oil near as much as the RCA Dome as far as atmosphere. Lucas Oil is a nicer stadium but we had a true Home Field Advantage when we played in the RCA Dome. Like I have Posted in the past I have been to around 50 home games in my lifetime, most of them were at the RCA Dome. I have only been to a few at Lucas Oil (around 10 or so) and the last game I attended was in 2013 when we spanked the Texans led by a young Andrew Luck. Anymore with me, I just do not want to spend the money to go to games, deal with crowds of people, or traffic downtown. I am just older I guess. Going to a game is fun though, I have done it alot. The atmosphere and watching it live is cool but now days why do that when you can lay in a recliner in peace, follow all the other games on your laptop, drink a 6 pack, cook up a bunch of Wings, use the bathroom when you need too which is 10 feet away without walking far? Also save a bunch of money and relax. Hell if I bought 2 beers at a game, that would be like 20 bucks now wouldn't it? I can buy a 6 pack for 6 bucks lmao .

-I enjoyed my time going to games, alot of great memories. Like watching us beat the Pats in 2009 at Lucas Oil 35-34 with that huge comeback on Sunday night but now days it's recliner time and saving money for me.

I went to a counting crows concert this year at the Ruoff home mortgage music center, and paid $36 for two beers!