Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jihad Ward may go to IR

1959Colts

https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-notebook-who-could-be-kicking-colts-sunday

It sounds like defensive lineman Jihad Ward is heading for injured reserve. Ward was scootering around the locker room on Tuesday with a boot on his injured left ankle. The promising young defensive lineman said his injuries from Sunday involve “bones and ligaments.” Ward had 3.0 sacks in sub packages for the Colts this season. The 24-year-old defensive lineman is a restricted free agent in 2019.

20 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I can't wait until after next year's draft when we don't have to worry about losing a guy like Ward.

Ward isn't a JAG....

He's a former 2nd Round pick with loads of talent who played out of position in Oakland who has shown well here in Indy as a UT.....his more natural position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Ward isn't a JAG....

He's a former 2nd Round pick with loads of talent who played out of position in Oakland who has shown well here in Indy as a UT.....his more natural position.

"Jihad Ward will be one of the top DT's in the NFL" - Zack Martin

who practiced against him in Dallas.  https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Zack-Martin-Jihad-Ward-will-be-one-of-the-top-DTs-in-the-NFL-119620500/

I don't know if that's true or not, but I've been pleased with Ward's hustle and instincts and have been following him since he signed here.  Mike Phair, Colts d-line coach, was Ward's d-line coach at U of Illinois.  Eberflus watched him when they were both in Dallas.  Clearly the Colts coaches and front office believe in him.

Ward is raw but I think he might be a sleeper.  Let's hope he comes back healthy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1