Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts announce multiple roster moves

TKnight24

2 hours ago, Calmack said:

To be fair, Allen looked like he'd be a phenomenal player after his rookie year. 

Correct. Something broke in Allen after his rookie year. I'm not sure if it was his mind, his body, or a combination, but his play fell off a cliff and never recovered.

Still makes me sad to think about what could have been.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Correct. Something broke in Allen after his rookie year. I'm not sure if it was his mind, his body, or a combination, but his play fell off a cliff and never recovered.

Well if my memory serves, he hurt his hip and missed the majority if not all of his second season.  Then his 3rd year was basically trying to reestablish his status and thereafter he always seemed to be knocked up.  It was disappointing that his career basically flamed out after such a promising start.

Fleener should never have been the Colts’s 2nd round choice. A lot of people seemed to like his selection, but I always thought it was a critical team building error.  Should have went OL or defense. 

On 9/29/2018 at 1:17 AM, ColtsLegacy said:

You're right. He was a beast. Humble. Came to work with a chip and out his work in. Then it was like he turned into a jealous primadonna starving for attention and spotlight. Just keep your mouth shut, stay humble and let your play speak for itself. He didn't, he gone....

12 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Well if my memory serves, he hurt his hip and missed the majority if not all of his second season.  Then his 3rd year was basically trying to reestablish his status and thereafter he always seemed to be knocked up.  It was disappointing that his career basically flamed out after such a promising start.

Fleener should never have been the Colts’s 2nd round choice. A lot of people seemed to like his selection, but I always thought it was a critical team building error.  Should have went OL or defense. 

In hindsight, Grigson should have traded down with those picks to get as many draft choices as possible, considering he probably had more of a roster to rebuild than Ballard does.  Including Luck, he used three valuable picks on only three players when he needed many more. 

Allen's career was tenuous, which is why the FA contract he signed was just terrible.

I assume Swoope is done with football, since I don't know if another team can put him on their PS.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:17 PM, ColtsLegacy said:

Sometimes, team members become disenfranchised. There can be all sorts of reasons for this, but I would guess that almost everyone in this forum has experience that phenomenon, personally. 

On 9/28/2018 at 2:42 PM, Alex22 said:

Tha one sack crew?? *quivers*

You were saying? I dont know what else you expected to happen when your 3rd and 4th string tackles are going up against two very good pass rushers

I don’t understand cutting Swoope with Doyle out...  There’s gotta be more to this story. Either injury or something else because this Hewitt guy has been a waste thus far.  No speed and they keep bring him in on these jumbo formations and we go nowhere...  Maybe he’ll be more effective once Turbin is back but there’s no way I’m keeping him and releasing Swoope.  I’d have even brought Daniels back. 

14 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I don’t understand cutting Swoope with Doyle out...  There’s gotta be more to this story. Either injury or something else because this Hewitt guy has been a waste thus far.  No speed and they keep bring him in on these jumbo formations and we go nowhere...  Maybe he’ll be more effective once Turbin is back but there’s no way I’m keeping him and releasing Swoope.  I’d have even brought Daniels back. 

I trade you an apple for an orange because is trying to compare Swoope and Hewitt

20 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

My guess is it's about blocking with both T's out. Doyle is best blocking TE and he's out too. Ebron and Swoope aren't great at blocking so we have Hewitt and Mo. I don't think Swoope is a difference maker myself but who knows. 

Not that it matters or anyone cares, but Allen's hip was totally Luck's fault. 

Luck threw a really high laser at Allen which only went for like a two yard gain and he landed straight on his butt/hip because a defender undercut him, limped off then started having trouble with it before finally needing surgery.  Don't remember which game, but I remember his hip injury game for some reason.