Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Captain Andrew Luck

CamMo

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think we're seeing the beginning of a new Andrew Luck.  More outgoing.  His love for the game reinvigorated.  A head coach that he can trust because he's been there and done it...  His ascension to the top QB in the league begins this season... 

I agree 100% he is having fun again and seems to be really happy.  

1 hour ago, CamMo said:

Wait...but does this mean....it’s really Andrew? I don’t believe it.

Nope.  I'm not buying it.  These started in December 2015...  Luck with a flip phone era.

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/19308/capt-andrew-luck-gives-the-bearded-qb-a-presence-on-twitter

Pertinent excerpts...

**Who runs the account?**

The person wants to remain a mystery, because “the account has taken on a life of its own” and “it’s more fun the less people know.”

I reached out to "Capt. Andrew Luck" via direct message on Twitter to find out more about the mystery man, and all he would say is that he’s a “West Coast journalist” who is a “sports nut” and wants to meet Andrew Luck the quarterback one day.

"Andrew has zero interest in being on Twitter,” Colts cornerback Darius Butler said. (back  in Dec 2016)

12 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

No way! I kind of want to believe it

Same, but not there.   Yet.

• Like 1

It was a skit done by the Colts social media department. The real Captain Andrew Luck is someone anonymous living in California. According to Amber Derrow who is the Social Media Manager for the Colts, the video was done with the cooperation and full script from the true owner of the @CaptAndrewLuck account

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had read/saw this awhile back-

'I reached out to "Capt. Andrew Luck" via direct message on Twitter to find out more about the mystery man, and all he would say is that he’s a “West Coast journalist” who is a “sports nut” and wants to meet Andrew Luck the quarterback one day.

I requested a phone interview with "Capt. Andrew Luck." That request was declined to preserve his anonymity. He wanted the interview done through direct message.'

Q: What made you come up with the account?

A: I came across some memes a few years back of pro athletes and celebrities reimagined in different time periods. Some of them were football players photoshopped onto Civil War portraits. There was just something about Luck as a solider writing home to his mother, informing her of his weekly “battles” that made me laugh, so I sent a few “letters” as "Capt. Luck" to friends each week when the Colts would play their teams, and one of them encouraged me to make an account.

Q: Where do you come up with the things you tweet, and how much does Luck's vast vocabulary come into play?

A: The posts just come to me. With each new opponent, I imagine the literal meaning of the team names, then put that into context of letters during the Civil War, with a doting son writing his worried mother about his trek. People seem to really enjoy the account, and I really like making them laugh.

Q: When did you first come up with the idea to have the account?

A: The idea came after I saw those memes. I just heard this voice in my head with music from Ken Burns’ amazing Civil War series playing, and I started cracking myself up. I was aware Luck wasn’t on Twitter.

Andrew Luck the quarterback isn’t on Twitter (as of Dec. 23, 2016 when this story ran), but "Capt. Andrew Luck" should be lauded for the job he’s doing filling the void.

11 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

It's not Luck, guys. There was a story about the guy in the Indy Star two years ago.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/12/29/meet-maker-andrew-luck-civil-war-meme/95766780/

Yeah, I reported something similar to this above. But even in your story about the Meme picture maker, the actual author of Capt. Andrew Luck tweets was, and still is, anonymous.  Thus Luck and Colts media can play off of it.  The author wants/wanted to meet Luck. Maybe he has by now.

• Like 2

Most likely not Andrew, and I'd put money on that. But the account is great, and this has been an excellent use of social media by the Colts PR department. Amber Derrow did an AMA on Reddit a couple months ago and said they would be engaging a little more than they have in the past. This is great work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Nope.  I'm not buying it.  These started in December 2015...  Luck with a flip phone era.

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/19308/capt-andrew-luck-gives-the-bearded-qb-a-presence-on-twitter

Pertinent excerpts...

**Who runs the account?**

The person wants to remain a mystery, because “the account has taken on a life of its own” and “it’s more fun the less people know.”

I reached out to "Capt. Andrew Luck" via direct message on Twitter to find out more about the mystery man, and all he would say is that he’s a “West Coast journalist” who is a “sports nut” and wants to meet Andrew Luck the quarterback one day.

"Andrew has zero interest in being on Twitter,” Colts cornerback Darius Butler said. (back  in Dec 2016)

Same, but not there.   Yet.

It is a comedian from Cali no hiding who you are online .