Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Help me out! CBS All Access

Archer

So, I just moved to Western Massachusetts, and they can't install DirectTV for the NFL Ticket b/c there are too many trees at my house.  I thought that I'd just get CBS All Access, which will allow me to stream 13 Colt games.  However, now what I'm reading seems to be that the CBS games have to be ones that are broadcast on the local CBS station.  Doesn't help me if that's true, 'cause I get the local CBS station through my Xfinity cable subscription.  Is there any way for me to stream all (or most) Colt games, which would be out-of-market locally?  I can't go without live Colt games!

I mean, in Europe we have NFL game pass, I pay about £130 or so (roughly $165) for the year and I get every NFL game, access to the past 5 seasons or so for every team, hard knocks and more.

I have to assume you can get something similar in the states.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I mean, in Europe we have NFL game pass, I pay about £130 or so (roughly $165) for the year and I get every NFL game, access to the past 5 seasons or so for every team, hard knocks and more.

I have to assume you can get something similar in the states.....

Sadly game pass does not allow you to watch live.... I live out of market as well. Welcome to the struggle!! I typically have sunday ticket. When I don't I go to sport bars.... :grumpy2:

17 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

The problem with this one is that DirectTV serves my area, but my house has too many trees in the way.  DirectTV guy said my next door neighbor could get reception.  So, when I check eligibility, the site says I'm not eligible to stream it.  (They want to sell people in areas they serve the full DirectTV subscription.)

26 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With high speed internet you should be able to get NFL TICKET through devices like XBOX1, Roku, etc...

If you know of a student in college and they're not going to use it, you can create an account in their name (must have their registered college name and the school they attend) on the directTV site.  Costs $99 a year and you can get any live game you choose.  Here's the link:

https://nflst.directv.com/student

I've used this the past 3 or 4 years and it works pretty well.  The link is always behind live TV (by a minute or more, sometimes), but it's pretty reliable.

If you have a smart TV you can download the NFL Sunday Ticket app and use the account that way as well as on your phone/tablet/computer.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

If you know of a student in college and they're not going to use it, you can create an account in their name (must have their registered college name and the school they attend) on the directTV site.  Costs $99 a year and you can get any live game you choose.  Here's the link:

https://nflst.directv.com/student

I've used this the past 3 or 4 years and it works pretty well.  The link is always behind live TV (by a minute or more, sometimes), but it's pretty reliable.

If you have a smart TV you can download the NFL Sunday Ticket app and use the account that way as well as on your phone/tablet/computer.

Thanks, MB.  My wife just registered to go back to school, so this could work.  It doesn't matter that she lives in a house that DirectTV serves?

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Thanks, MB.  My wife just registered to go back to school, so this could work.  It doesn't matter that she lives in a house that DirectTV serves?

I don't have direct knowledge of this, but I would think it does not matter since it never asks anything about being a current subscriber.

49 minutes ago, Archer said:

The problem with this one is that DirectTV serves my area, but my house has too many trees in the way.  DirectTV guy said my next door neighbor could get reception.  So, when I check eligibility, the site says I'm not eligible to stream it.  (They want to sell people in areas they serve the full DirectTV subscription.)

Check out DirecTV Now. 

That's the steaming version of DirecTV, and you MAY be able to have access to NFL Ticket as well.

It's worth checking out.

Much less expensive than DirecTV, mainly because you won't be renting any of their equipment, but the could also be buffering issues, from time to time.

1 minute ago, Moe said:

Would it be possible to cut down a tree or two and get a clear signal?

Good thought.  But these trees tower twenty feet above the roof.  Very mature trees.  I was thinking about having them trimmed to minimize the chances of a limb coming down on my roof sometime, but it wouldn't be enough to get me a signal, I fear...

2 hours ago, life long said:

Sadly game pass does not allow you to watch live.... I live out of market as well. Welcome to the struggle!! I typically have sunday ticket. When I don't I go to sport bars.... :grumpy2:

It's replayed in the U.S. it's live internationally 

On 8/16/2018 at 9:12 AM, Archer said:

So, I just moved to Western Massachusetts, and they can't install DirectTV for the NFL Ticket b/c there are too many trees at my house.  I thought that I'd just get CBS All Access, which will allow me to stream 13 Colt games.  However, now what I'm reading seems to be that the CBS games have to be ones that are broadcast on the local CBS station.  Doesn't help me if that's true, 'cause I get the local CBS station through my Xfinity cable subscription.  Is there any way for me to stream all (or most) Colt games, which would be out-of-market locally?  I can't go without live Colt games!

If you know a student you can use their info to get Sunday ticket go which is an online only Sunday ticket to stream. It’s suppose to be for kids in a dorm but well...you know. It’s 99$ a year....cheaper then the full price ticket.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:12 AM, Archer said:

On 8/16/2018 at 10:36 AM, life long said:

If you do the sport bar route make sure to get the tunity app so you can hear the game. 

Last year I got the  game pass and would watch the next day if I couldn’t make it to the bar.   Not great but not bad either.   

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

***VPN*** cough cough fully legal, simply set the IP to Europe...

It was mentioned in another thread that if you have Verizon you get the local game on the NFL app on your device.

Now, if a person say used an Indiana IP address...   Nah, that would never work, would it....

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

It was mentioned in another thread that if you have Verizon you get the local game on the NFL app on your device.

Now, if a person say used an Indiana IP address...   Nah, that would never work, would it....

YEP.. by me.  But I run a VPN, set to jump IP addresses every few minutes.  

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With high speed internet you should be able to get NFL TICKET through devices like XBOX1, Roku, etc...

Not anymore. You can only steam with those devices if you already have a direct tv  account and service.  I have to pay for my friends game day ticket every year so I can can use his log in. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2018 at 10:12 AM, Archer said:

I was told the same thing years ago, I live in a heavily wooded neighborhood. I ended up convincing the tech to let me install the cable/satellite and that all he would have to do is program the box, and low and behold, everything worked just fine...Ill get the occasional signal interruption during a heavy rain or snow storm but pretty rare. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

YEP.. by me.  But I run a VPN, set to jump IP addresses every few minutes.  

Yeah, I knew that but I thought you’d want your anonymity!

BTW, according to what I read on the NFL app, it doesn’t matter if you have Verizon, any mobile carrier will work.  

• Like 1