Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton talks Colts on NFL Network

coltsfeva

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's not his former self yet though.

I agree.  I don't think he'll ever be the dominant force he was in his prime.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I just don't think Casuals watch Golf to raise the ratings much. So I'm leaning towards Hardcore Tiger fans raising the ratings instead.

I don't understand the difference.  What's a "hardcore" Tiger fan?  If they only watch when Tiger is good, then aren't they a casual fan?

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I agree.  I don't think he'll ever be the dominant force he was in his prime.

I don't understand the difference.  What's a "hardcore" Tiger fan?  If they only watch when Tiger is good, then aren't they a casual fan?

A casual Tiger fan will only pay attention to Golf because of Tiger and will rarely watch because of how boring Golf is. A hardcore Tiger fan is a fan of Tiger that loves or used to love Golf and will watch Golf tournaments from start to end as long as Tiger is playing in them. A lot of these people stopped watching when Tiger stopped playing (which lowered ratings), but now watch tourneys again with Tiger playing (which raises ratings a lot since Golf has a small audience that watches compared to other sports.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A casual Tiger fan will only pay attention to Golf because of Tiger and will rarely watch because of how boring Golf is. A hardcore Tiger fan is a fan of Tiger that loves or used to love Golf and will watch Golf tournaments from start to end as long as Tiger is playing in them. A lot of these people stopped watching when Tiger stopped playing (which lowered ratings), but now watch tourneys again with Tiger playing (which raises ratings a lot since Golf has a small audience that watches compared to other sports.

Ok, you just said both groups watched when Tiger played and stopped watching when Tiger didn't play.

So how do these two groups effect golf ratings differently?

:scratch:

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Ok, you just said both groups watched when Tiger played and stopped watching when Tiger didn't play.

So how do these two groups effect golf ratings differently?

:scratch:

Casuals rarely watch if at all and only when Tiger is in the final round winning. Otherwise they just pay attention to the news beforehand. Golf is too boring for them otherwise. Hardcores watch from start to finish whether Tiger wins or loses as long as he's playing. The only way most casuals will have an effect on the ratings is if Tiger starts winning again. Until then, I believe it's just Hardcore Tiger fans that have an influence.

12 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Is Tiger even competitive as a golfer anymore? He spends more time hanging with famous people & having scraps with police over substance abuse issues than anything else these days. Oh yeah, non stop back pain has made him irrelevant as an athlete now. 

I roar every time Golf Channel pundits proclaim he's back. The dude is done. 

Don't let mark hear you say that!

FYI oldunclemark has a Tiger thread in the miscellaneous sports section for those that want to discuss Tiger.

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Casuals rarely watch if at all and only when Tiger is in the final round winning. Otherwise they just pay attention to the news beforehand. Golf is too boring for them otherwise. Hardcores watch from start to finish whether Tiger wins or loses as long as he's playing. The only way most casuals will have an effect on the ratings is if Tiger starts winning again. Until then, I believe it's just Hardcore Tiger fans that have an influence.

Considering how small the market for watching golf on tv is outside the major tournaments especially the casual fans that follow just for Tiger could easily lift the ratings numbers astronomically. I would consider myself a casual fan. I don't tune in for Tiger but usually only watch final rounds of tournaments when nothing else is on....outside the majors and like Ryder Cup I'm pretty disinterested. Playing and watching golf are two very separate things. Casual fans I would say could easily make a huge difference in the ratings because of how small the market is. Tiger is good for golf....the media attention he gets for his play might be overrated...but for what he means to the game and for advertisers etc...he is very much important and I can see why the media want to make him relevant....it's super important to the game.

So back to the Colts angle...did Peyton say anything about the Colts?

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Considering how small the market for watching golf on tv is outside the major tournaments especially the casual fans that follow just for Tiger could easily lift the ratings numbers astronomically. I would consider myself a casual fan. I don't tune in for Tiger but usually only watch final rounds of tournaments when nothing else is on....outside the majors and like Ryder Cup I'm pretty disinterested. Playing and watching golf are two very separate things. Casual fans I would say could easily make a huge difference in the ratings because of how small the market is. Tiger is good for golf....the media attention he gets for his play might be overrated...but for what he means to the game and for advertisers etc...he is very much important and I can see why the media want to make him relevant....it's super important to the game.

So back to the Colts angle...did Peyton say anything about the Colts?

Didn't see what Peyton said, but I'm going to watch now. Interested in what he said.

What’s worse than being forced to watch golf on TV? Coming to a Manning/Luck thread and scrolling through a page of Tiger Woods / Golf ratings discussion. 

Not a ton to be taken away from Peyton’s comments, but I am happy he and Andrew have talked about preparation. Peyton was the master of preparation. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CamMo said:

What’s worse than being forced to watch golf on TV? Coming to a Manning/Luck thread and scrolling through a page of Tiger Woods / Golf ratings discussion. 

Not a ton to be taken away from Peyton’s comments, but I am happy he and Andrew have talked about preparation. Peyton was the master of preparation. 

One of the things Peyton said was Luck didn’t need his advice. That’s a pretty humble stance and in light of all the talking heads that have all the answers, I found it refreshing. Peyton really is a humble guy.

• Like 2

Lol i love how it's a struggle to find anything worth reading on this forum at this time of year and you click a thread thinking you might see what Peyton said about the Colts on NFL total access.....but instead you get 2 pages of Tiger Woods debate haha 

I wonder if this thread will ever get back on topic...

You know, Peyton Manning talking on the NFLN?

And he talked about the OTHER Colts QB...   you know, Andrew Luck!

And Peyton says Luck is going to need reps.    Lots and lots and lots of reps.

Discuss!     Or not.      :peek:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He is average to below average now. 2 top tens since he's been back and he wasn't in position to win either. For all the coverage he gets, you'd think he's winning tournaments and back to his old self. It used to be that he gets coverage because he's the best player in the world and deserves it, and now, with the "new age media," it's that he gets coverage because he's a black player in a white dominated sport where there's no up and coming black players at all, and the media is hoping he does well now because of his race. I would love to see him win another major, but because of the great player he once was and it could make a great comeback story, not because of the color of his skin. That shouldn't come into play for anyone.

I won't make a football analogy.  I'll use something closer - tennis.  Prior to his renaissance in 2017, Federer had won one grand slam in 7 years.  Prior to winning a few grand slams in 2017, Nadal also had a few down years.  Still, every time either stepped on the court it was the biggest story in tennis.  Why?  They're the two greatest players ever, just as Tiger is one of the greatest golfers ever.

As far as golf ratings go, I read last year that golf has the oldest average viewing audience of any international sport - 61, if I remember correctly.  For survival, golf needs Tiger, desperately.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wonder uf this thread will ever get back on topic...

The other thing I found interesting was Peyton said he was happy to be a fan, when asked about the possibility of announcing games. Said he goes to Broncos, Colts, Giants and Tennessee Volunteers games. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

@Jared Cisneros  I don't like that this is turning from a Peyton Manning thread into a Tiger Woods thread... but here's my :2c::

I'm definitely a casual golf fan (and that's being pretty generous).  Watching golf is great way for me to take a nap because it's one of the most boring things on TV...  unless Tiger is playing.

I can't really explain it, but Tiger makes golf more interesting.

:dunno:

You are in the majority

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, #12. said:

I won't make a football analogy.  I'll use something closer - tennis.  Prior to his renaissance in 2017, Federer had won one grand slam in 7 years.  Prior to winning a few grand slams in 2017, Nadal also had a few down years.  Still, every time either stepped on the court it was the biggest story in tennis.  Why?  They're the two greatest players ever, just as Tiger is one of the greatest golfers ever.

As far as golf ratings go, I read last year that golf has the oldest average viewing audience of any international sport - 61, if I remember correctly.  For survival, golf needs Tiger, desperately.

#12.....4 years ago..NASCAR was crushing golf in popularity...

,,,and then the most popular drivers retired.....Jeff Gordon..Tony Stewart....Dale Jr...and now Danica...who was one of the Top-10 most popular drivers even though she never won a race..   Nothing but major golf tournaments even made it onto ESPN

Then this year Golf got its drawing card back.....and he's competeitive (2 Top-20s and a 2nd place in 9 starts is VERY competitive.....With Tiger...golf ratings are doubling and tripling and events are hiring extra security to deal with the crowds .

..and now..golf's average viewer isn't 61 anymore.  They have a drama..a story line...Can he come back and win.

Folks watch because they want to see the show and Tiger's comeback is the biggest show in sports right now is .

Just like folks wanted to see Peyton come back. Denver Bronco games were half of the most watched games every season.   A half dozen of his games were in prime time every year.

One of the great things about sports is that, once the greats fall down...the public wants to see them come back.

Everybody loves a comeback.  Tiger has basically a new back after the fusion. Just like Peyton did after the neck surgeries. They both found new  ways to do the things they once did so well.  Both are such great comeback stories. 

Even those who go on and on about how he isn't THAT good anymore, they still are watchng to see what Tiger does.  The way he's hitting the ball defies his age and medical history.

Peyton and Tiger have a lot in common. Two GOATs  and the two greatest modern day icon comebacks from injury.

Good stuff

Edited by oldunclemark

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

The other thing I found interesting was Peyton said he was happy to be a fan, when asked about the possibility of announcing games. Said he goes to Broncos, Colts, Giants and Tennessee Volunteers games. 

Peyton sounds nothing but happy..Sounds like he wants to play on the Seniors Golf Tour in a few years.

I thought he was walking a little funny..I hope the old hip is okay.

But he seems good..I was surprised to hear him say he talked with Andrew Luck for a couple of hours at the combine in Indianapolis.   Thursday, he was at Broncos practice talking to the new Denver players and his old teammates with DeMarcus Ware,

Case Keenum says, he's called Peyton more than once to talk to him about coming in as a free agent QB in Denver and that Peyton has helped him on a few things.

BREAKING NEWS:  Peyton is a good guy.

19 hours ago, Bshultz said:

Tiger has 2 top tens this year, and made 1.4 million in prize money. He's also in the top 15 in scoring average on the PGA tour. Maybe not as dominant as he once was, but holding his own as a forty something against the young guns. 

Tiger has never been the same since his infidelity was exposed on a large scale, his wife divorced him, & lingering back issues that seem to persist have more or less taken away his killer competitive instincts. Look, normally I don't bring personal family circumstances to the forefront unless the dude in question is a bold face hypocrite. 

Mr. Woods marketed himself as a squeaky clean, family man for millions in sponsors & clearly he wasn't. 

2 top tens really? When's the last time he has won a Master's green jacket in golf? 2005. The guy used to crush his competitors like dust & now he wants to be beloved & everybody's friend. No thank you. I stand by what I said before. Woods is done as a cut throat competitor. 

Golf bores me to death. So pompous & elitist. It's only good for falling asleep to with whisper booth announcers. I exclude Jim Nantz from my contempt because I like him doing play by play in the NFL. He does have a nice voice. 

12 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Wow??  You living under a rock??

So, a guy or rookie poster with 13 posts feels qualified to call another person foolish, naive, & dumb? That's the inference right. 

Thank you for your profound observation sir. Why don't you enlighten me with your vast golfing knowledge since I'm such a bolder novice according to you. 

One heck of a way to make a first impression. Welcome to the forum. 

10 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

So, a guy or rookie poster with 13 posts feels qualified to call another person foolish, naive, & dumb?

Hey, we were all 13 post rookies at some point, right?  :thmup:

Some just need a little more experience to acclimate...  :catfight:

Don't worry, if they stick around, @crazycolt1 will put them in their place eventually.

:D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wonder uf this thread will ever get back on topic...

Luck is going to slack and not do his homework. He's going to stay out too late and he's going to chase skirt! Oh wait, wrong guy, that's me. 

What's to say? When he can, I have no doubt he'll do the work. Peyton saying it has a gravity to it, but it's not earth shattering stuff. 

15 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

He was approached by Ben Navarro about joining his group that was bidding on the Panthers. I think once it became obvious that the league wanted David Tepper to buy the team the Manning talk went away.

Thanks for the details about what happened regarding the Panthers ownership offer MKH. I wasn't really sure how the situation resolved itself in the end. 

15 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He is average to below average now. 2 top tens since he's been back and he wasn't in position to win either. For all the coverage he gets, you'd think he's winning tournaments and back to his old self. It used to be that he gets coverage because he's the best player in the world and deserves it, and now, with the "new age media," it's that he gets coverage because he's a black player in a white dominated sport where there's no up and coming black players at all, and the media is hoping he does well now because of his race. I would love to see him win another major, but because of the great player he once was and it could make a great comeback story, not because of the color of his skin. That shouldn't come into play for anyone.

Hey there JC, 

I always enjoy getting a reply from you. That's my issue with Tiger too. He gets so much coverage for basically going a long time without a green jacket. It was nice to see him raise interest in golf to a new level for people who typically ignored the sport or never participated in it I guess. However, like Shannon Sharpe always says "athletes have to constantly update their resume," keep winning, & not live off of former achievements of yesteryear. 

Yes indeed, Tiger broke several barriers when he truly dominated golf. No question. 

16 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Hey, we were all 13 post rookies at some point, right?  :thmup:

Some just need a little more experience to acclimate...  :catfight:

Don't worry, if they stick around, @crazycolt1 will put them in their place eventually.

:D

True, we will all nobody's on the block at some point before we gained any kind of following as a regular myself included. I just don't care for the "living under a rock" line because it's a polite way of calling another person a buffoon which doesn't exactly lend itself to productive dialogue & fruitful discussion moving forward. 

I don't mind being told I'm off my rocker by a regular who has earned my respect over time, but not somebody who just arrived on the forum. Absolutely not. 

I can take criticism just fine. I just don't care for sweep[ing statements with zero merit or foundation period. 

I have no problem with OJG personally. Perhaps it was an innocent statement. Tomorrow, it will be forgotten. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

So, a guy or rookie poster with 13 posts feels qualified to call another person foolish, naive, & dumb? That's the inference right. 

Thank you for your profound observation sir. Why don't you enlighten me with your vast golfing knowledge since I'm such a bolder novice according to you. 

One heck of a way to make a first impression. Welcome to the forum. 

Rookies :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Peyton sounds nothing but happy..Sounds like he wants to play on the Seniors Golf Tour in a few years.

But he seems good..I was surprised to hear him say he talked with Andrew Luck for a couple of hours at the combine in Indianapolis.   Thursday, he was at Broncos practice talking to the new Denver players and his old teammates with DeMarcus Ware,

Case Keenum says, he's called Peyton more than once to talk to him about coming in as a free agent QB in Denver and that Peyton has helped him on a few things.

Peyton is very content. Getting that 2nd SB win put him into an Elite group. Only 11 other QB's that started a SB have won 2 or more. He became the 1st QB to win it starting on 2 different teams. He doesn't have to hear crap about his brother having more SB wins anymore either. He is now happy and is a fan of sports and relaxing with no stress. Peyton also loves being a retired father and has more fun with his kids too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I don't mind being told I'm off my rocker by a regular who has earned my respect over time

You're off your rocker you ole fool!

source.gif

haha  JK man.

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I just don't care for the "living under a rock" line because it's a polite way of calling another person a buffoon which doesn't exactly lend itself to productive dialogue & fruitful discussion moving forward.

Very well put.  I feel the same way.  Just remember that not all new posters are NE trolls.  :troll:

Some are just very enthusiastic Colts fans compelled to contribute to our little world.

Even if their (very-non-provacative) username is...  @ojsglove:hat:

:cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Tiger has never been the same since his infidelity was exposed on a large scale, his wife divorced him, & lingering back issues that seem to persist have more or less taken away his killer competitive instincts. Look, normally I don't bring personal family circumstances to the forefront unless the dude in question is a bold face hypocrite. 

Mr. Woods marketed himself as a squeaky clean, family man for millions in sponsors & clearly he wasn't. 

2 top tens really? When's the last time he has won a Master's green jacket in golf? 2005. The guy used to crush his competitors like dust & now he wants to be beloved & everybody's friend. No thank you. I stand by what I said before. Woods is done as a cut throat competitor. 

Golf bores me to death. So pompous & elitist. It's only good for falling asleep to with whisper booth announcers. I exclude Jim Nantz from my contempt because I like him doing play by play in the NFL. He does have a nice voice. 

Tiger Woods didn't market himself that way...his dad and Nike did. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton is very content. Getting that 2nd SB win put him into an Elite group. Only 11 other QB's that started a SB have won 2 or more. He became the 1st QB to win it starting on 2 different teams. He doesn't have to hear crap about his brother having more SB wins anymore either. He is now happy and is a fan of sports and relaxing with no stress. Peyton also loves being a retired father and has more fun with his kids too.

You talk about stress.   In the time since he's retired, I've read again some of the stories about what he did physically to practice and play in his final two or three years. How much time he had to spend with the trainer. The pain he may have been in.  How his body wasn't working the way a young man's would..   WE all saw those stories, I guess.

But he now doesn't have to do that.  He's free to be a 40-something guy with no financial concerns and physical obligations or requirements and I wonder if the latter isn't contributing to his contentness (if that's a word)

You are right.  He ended with a title game win.  He and his brother are equal for eternity (unless Saquan Barkley is really good) and I think they both (Peyton and Eli) like it that way. ..I think he's stayed in Denver simply because he doesnt want to move his family again but I don't know, maybe he just likes the Denver area.    He played all he wanted to. He's an icon of 2 different franchises. something that is rare.

It seems like he's living the (relatively) quiet retired life we all hoped he would be able to live.

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, southwest1 said:

True, we will all nobody's on the block at some point before we gained any kind of following as a regular myself included. I just don't care for the "living under a rock" line because it's a polite way of calling another person a buffoon which doesn't exactly lend itself to productive dialogue & fruitful discussion moving forward. 

I don't mind being told I'm off my rocker by a regular who has earned my respect over time, but not somebody who just arrived on the forum. Absolutely not. 

I can take criticism just fine. I just don't care for sweep[ing statements with zero merit or foundation period. 

I have no problem with OJG personally. Perhaps it was an innocent statement. Tomorrow, it will be forgotten. 

23 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I am truly sorry if my reply to your post on the relevance of Tiger offended you, but it was so obvious you are not up to speed on his return to golf, I had to respond.  I totally agree with the majority here, this is not a PGA site.   In the future, I will try to refrain from replying to anything that is not conductive to our football team.  

On 5/31/2018 at 9:22 AM, oldunclemark said:

Not true, actually.

Tiger lost the Valspar Invitational by stroke. Had he been sharper that last day (He shot a 70) , he'd have won..

Two Top-10s in nine starts is not average in the PGA. Far from it.

And it is outstanding after 4 back surgeries including back fusion surgery.

His pairing with Peyton is ironic because their comebacks (Peyton's 4 neck surgeries)  are very similar,  Great to see the 2 of them together

Peyton's wearing the light blue shirt, great reaction when it goes in.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 9:26 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, for the attention he gets, it's not warranted. They didn't mention Jason Dufner at all defending his championship and for all the tiger articles, none mention his course history at the course this week or anything. Just a bunch of stuff talking about his tee times and tracking his progress when he isn't doing well. Mention him when he is in contention or makes a run, otherwise they need to lay off. It turns people off more than anything.

Did you see/hear about TPC Sawgrass? Tiger just barely made the cut there. Then went on an incredible run that brought him from 14 shots back beginning the weekend to just 4 shots off the lead and tied for 2nd on the 14th tee on Sunday.  That is warranted attention.

He was on TV... then.. yes, he sputtered with a bogey there and then dropped his tee shot into the drink at the famous 17th island green going for it (even though not in the running for 1st anymore).  But he showed that ability to streak a field once more.  But he played too poorly in other spots where even average to good would suffice.  So he is learning his new game, what he can still do, and when he has to play it more safe.  If/when he figures this out, he can compete once more I believe.  Another player that I felt could streak fields similar to Tiger in his heyday was Rory McIlroy.  I haven't been following golf much in the last few years, but I rarely hear his name anymore.  I hear the names Day, Fowler, Spieth, even Dustin Johnson...  but not Rory so much.  I'll have try to watch some Sunday golf more often and see what's up these days.

To get thread on track, yes Peyton knows the challenges to come back.  And Andrew needs reps, as early and as often as possible., as long as there is minimal potential for setbacks.  Ther eis a chance the weighted ball program will shave some time off the 3 months throwing (2 in static drills, 1 in dynamic practice at fast walkthrough or full speed) it will take for Andrew to be football ready. How much?  Who knows.  But this statement perked my ears up-

"Reich anticipates Luck will start throwing during the time between the end of minicamp on June 14 and the start of training camp in late July."   I'm not comfortable with this timeline at the moment.  Maybe it will all work out.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:27 PM, oldunclemark said:

Before SB 50 Manning mentioned that his doctor told him a couple years earlier he would need a hip replacement later on in life so that's why he's walking funny.

To answer your other question its possible he just likes Denver he seems happy being there despite only playing 4 years there. I wish he could've played as long as Brady probably will but that neck injury shortened his career sadly. His body told him to leave the game. I'm glad he listened. I'm sure he's glad too considering how dysfunctional the NFL has become after his retirement.

• Like 1

On May 31, 2018 at 11:41 PM, shastamasta said:

Tiger Woods didn't market himself that way...his dad and Nike did. 

Mr. Woods went along willingly with the charade & the last time I checked he's a middle aged man not a 16 yr old. He doesn't get a pass from me. No one forced him to bang multiple women that were not his wife while he was a married man. Advertising gimmick my caboose. LOL! 

It may have started that way, but he progressed with the flawed illusion into full blown adulthood. Tiger is far from innocent here SMTA. JMO. 

16 hours ago, ojsglove said:

I am truly sorry if my reply to your post on the relevance of Tiger offended you, but it was so obvious you are not up to speed on his return to golf, I had to respond.  I totally agree with the majority here, this is not a PGA site.   In the future, I will try to refrain from replying to anything that is not conductive to our football team.  

No need to apologize for anything sir. We're all adults here. Feel free to comment on whatever you want. There are very few limitations on the forum minus profanity & excessive intimidation by others. 

I will take you at your word then that it was just an innocent comment intended only to provide useful information to those who don't live to watch golf regularly. Fair enough. My only point was this: Top 10 finishes don't mean squat to me just green jackets or SB rings in football. No harm done. It's all good. I don't retain grudges against people just my incessant hatred of the Dallas Cowboys ever since I was a tiny munchkin. LOL! 

Sidenote: We have a lot of comedians on here who joke around a lot on football & a ton of other topics throughout the yr. Please don't let my brief interaction with you sour your enjoyment from commenting on a myriad of other subjects sir. I may not always be warm & fuzzy, but I'm not half bad once you get to know me. LOL! 

Come on back & say whatever trips your trigger OJG. Altercations & disagreements are short-lived here sir. 

On May 31, 2018 at 11:27 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You're off your rocker you ole fool!

source.gif

haha  JK man.

Very well put.  I feel the same way.  Just remember that not all new posters are NE trolls.  :troll:

Some are just very enthusiastic Colts fans compelled to contribute to our little world.

Even if their (very-non-provacative) username is...  @ojsglove:hat:

:cheers:

Depending on what kind of a mood I'm in, I'm aware that sometimes, I can come across as abrasive or a German Blitzkrieg bombing in London during WWII. I don't mean to come down on anybody like a ton of bricks or a 300 foot Tsunami bearing down on them. I do try to make folks feel welcome most of the time. It's my Taurus sign that occasionally breaks every plate, cup, & saucer in the China shop I guess if I feel as though a person has been unreasonable. 

Funny post LCF! 

Some NE fans are alright like IWF, The Grey Hoodie, Flying Elvis, & GO Pats to name a few that are tremendous posters even as AFC rival fans.

Lesson learned: Be aware of my own strength/power & make a deliberate decision to use it less often or only bring it out on specials occasions. Got it. 

I just go off when somebody new on the scene thinks a couple of better than averages finishes on Tiger's behalf means he's back to his old take no prisoners self. It doesn't. Not by a long shot & then he states that I've been living under a rock like I'm a fool & he's a golf wizard naturally. [Sarcasm]. Sorry, but I just can't let that one remain unanswered or unchecked. I wasn't raised that way. 

Again, I will take OJG at his word that it was only an informative statement & I look forward to reading future posts from him soon. It's over & done now from my perspective. 

• Like 1

On May 30, 2018 at 3:58 PM, coltsfeva said:

Just a heads up. It sounded like he’ll be talking about the current team and playing golf with Tiger.

NFL Total Access @ 7:00

A quick question: Why are some regulars upset that golf is being mentioned when the original person who created this thread mentioned Tiger themselves? Isn't it logical to assume I don't know that Mr. Woods back story & current level of play might come up? 

I get it. Folks want an update on #18 & how his life is going. Fair enough. I just find it comical when Tiger is pairing up with Manning for a fun outing & people are angry that the subject of golf somehow took center stage like it's somehow totally out of left field. O Kay...

Let's try to boomer rang back to "The Sheriff" shall we...I'm glad he's enjoying Denver & putting down roots there with the fam. Cool. He's got so much money he could stay retired forever. I'm fine with that.