Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Night snacks, food, and Beverages

With the 1st round Draft Night just a day away, what goodies are you planning on consuming and with who and where?

I'm most likely watching home with Ashley. 

She's into healthy snacks like celery & carrot sticks, fruits and veggies etc..

I thinking of chicken wings, pizza, subs, Fritos Chilli corn chips, nuts, etc...

Washing it down with wine spritzer, beer, coke zero.

And of course some antacid pills lol.

• Like 3

I’m goin to my friends house and we are about to vege out! :rock:

We are each getting our own pizza (4-5 of us), homemade cookies, Doritos, pop/soda, and maybe chili. 

Unhealthy? Most definitely. 

Super delicious? Indeed. 

Might take some shots, not sure yet. Depends on the pick I suppose!

• Like 5

I usually watch by myself. Wife has no interest, outside of her team (the Eagles) and everyone else is usually working or they don't care either. Gotta go with pizza, mozzarella sticks, with either chips or pretzels, diet green iced tea and then some kind of pastry and coffee for to cap it off. 

• Like 2

Was hoping to do the first big meal on the BBQ for the season, but things have gotten in the way of picking up the new grill. 

Probably gonna end up settling for some slow cooker pulled pork and homemade mac n cheese. Plus probably some munchies of some sort, and will have to have some beers. 

But regardless of what Im making, I will be watching by myself, or maybe skype with my buddy while we both watch. 

• Like 2

I was thinking a New Bethel Ordinary supreme pizza and some diet caffeine free pepsi.

Yeah, I know the diet caffeine free pepsi don't make sense but that's what I drink besides water. No aspartame or caffeine for me.

Maybe a shot or two of Captain Morgan Parrot Bay coconut rum on the rocks.

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With the 1st round Draft Night just a day away, what goodies are you planning on consuming and with who and where?

I'm most likely watching home with Ashley. 

She's into healthy snacks like celery & carrot sticks, fruits and veggies etc..

I thinking of chicken wings, pizza, subs, Fritos Chilli corn chips, nuts, etc...

Washing it down with wine spritzer, beer, coke zero.

And of course some antacid pills lol.

Fritos chili cheese chips  are dope, but I'm going in a slightly different direction for this special occasion

Image result for fritos scoops    Image result for fritos dip

One glorious combination.

• Like 1

I'll be eating a bucket of KFC with extra taters & gravy please!!!

During the 2006 draft I was with some friends & we went to KFC to pick up a bucket... Anyways we had already been "celebrating" a bit so we didn't notice that KFC was running some promotion where apparently, you got an extra order of mashed potatoes whenever you ordered a large sid of potatoes...

So, long story short, we somehow ended up with a ridiculous amount of mashed potatoes & gravy, like 4 or 5 large servings. When the kid serving us gave us our bucket he jokingly said "Y'all some tater eating *'s"....

Anyways, we all thought it was pretty funny & under the circumstances (having won the SB that following season) getting a bucket of KFC has pretty much become a tradition for us all...

• Like 2

Buffalo Chicken Dip is a must. So easy to make and always good...have to use Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce. 

In fact, as counterintuitive as it sounds, you can actually make it fairly healthy if you use fat-free ranch and low-fat cream cheese. And it still tastes good.

Not to mention carrots and celery (and all that other healthy stuff) make for a great vehicle to get the dip to your mouth. So win-win.

I'm going to Coach's Corner & I'll be watching with my Uncle. Started meeting him there in 2015 & you could say it's become a tradition now. 

As far as food goes, I know I'll be ordering some sweet tea, fried pickles & Dan Marino rings (onion rings, lol).

So my wife's birthday is April 29...which means there is always a good chance that some part of the draft is going to fall on it. So this year, naturally we are going out Friday night to celebrate because we have plans on Saturday. The one year the Colts have four picks on day two (and might even have more by the time it rolls around).

Fortunately she loves this very nice restaurant that has TVs everywhere so I can watch the ticker, which is about the best I could hope for in this situation. If I tried to look at my phone at the table, I might lose a hand.