Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard Pre-Draft Presser 4/20/18

TKnight24

56 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Man, I would love to kick back and drink a few with Ballard.

I was honestly about to post the exact same thing! haha

How about dinner and drinks for four......with Ballard, McAfee and Peyton as the other participants?! :thmup:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

There's one thing that really stood out in that interview to me; Ballard expects to get a comp pick next year. So who does he plan on not re-signing next year?

Who knows I know since we really didn't pick up many free agent worth mentioning then his draft better be off the charts.

19 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

There's one thing that really stood out in that interview to me; Ballard expects to get a comp pick next year. So who does he plan on not re-signing next year?

I figured he meant the comp pick that we'll get because of Moncrief. Which I think was supposed to be a 4th rounder or something like that.

• Like 1

Excellent article in the first post. Me personally, I didn’t need an in depth analysis of Ballard’s strategy, because I already believed in it. But hopefully this provides some clarity from fans who are still upset about his lack of action in FA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Ya, but when was the interview done? because he stated next year.

its for Moncreif. Teams get Comp picks 1 year AFTER the FA period that they lose the player who gets them the comp pick.  and the interview was done this morning. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Yet, he said 2 QB's and we still get a player at 6. Many here seem to think if only two are taking...there is not a player worth taking at 6.; 

Right.  Many here have it all wrong.  Through various actions and statements over the past few months, its pretty clear Ballard does NOT think Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson are far superior players over other top 10 or so choices. It may be smoke, but he does not appear to be so lustfully fond over those three as this board is.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Ballard says he thinks there are 8 premium players, non QB's.

Yep, defined it as players that are difference makers, players that the opponent is game-planning for on Mondays and Tuesdays... 

I love Ballard. He seems like a guy who knows what he's doing... 

• Like 3

I think he's going to find a way to get some extra picks out of this.  Just feels that way.  That trade back is probably going to happen. Just hoping we don't miss out on Edmunds, Smith, Chubb, or Nelson if still on the board.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, stitches said:

Remember last year a picture of our Hooker card leaked on the webs where it said he was no. 4 on our board. I wonder if we will get a similar one this year with the number of the player we take. 

doubt it, Ballard seems to have a very tight lid on things this year

16 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Yeah, Browns and the Jets are the only sure things for QB. 

Giants, Browns, Broncos could all keep their picks and go elsewhere, although the seems unlikely. The Giants are the most up in the air IMO, wouldn't be surprised if they go QB/Barkley/Chubb/Nelson/or a trade back.