Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will You Be Upset

Moncrief

Houston is without a doubt our biggest competition in the division. So playing them in the first game of the season isn't that bad because we have all of our players back healthy and ready to go. If we were to play them around week 7 or 8, we could have injuries to some very key players and that could hurt our chances of winning. But by playing them week 1, we have a full, healthy roster ready to go

What difference does it make? They have to go to Houston at some point. What difference does it make whether it is the season opener, the season closer, or somewhere in between?

It makes a huge difference. You come to the season opener with a Rookie QB and a totally revamped team going out and playing arguably the most complete team in the league. If it was half-way through the season then there would be more of a chemistry between our guys and by then we would have already have found our groove.

You've got me there. I have to give you that. You could also argue that playing them right off the bat gives you the chance to set them back before there will be any film available on any of the new personnel or schemes, but in this instance I think experience trumps film, though.

You are assuming that we will be opening the season with a rookie QB, though.

No faith in our own, we bring in a 37 yr old vet to start the season with 1 week to go. I say stick with manning because no rookie knows the nfl speed right out of the gate. I'm buying colt playoff tickets this year because of Manning, Every frickin team wants Manning! What the F does that tell you? Of a washed up Qb? Or a proven mvp who can step right in and take the team to a new level. I;m not waiting 3-4 years for the so called jump if it even happens to make the playoffs. I'm betting the house on a proven winner who wants to show people/teams that he is back and is taking no prisoners, Draft Luck and sit him and cut the other overpaid fat on this team. We have a s load of draft picks and udfa's, With Manning, we will be alright. All eyes/money is watching Manning this year. Why not have the world watch the colts with Manning? We win either way! The money Manning brings to the colts ten fold his salary this year! Manning is the nfl this year. All eyes will be on Indy! We win, we win. People, wake up! We can and will have both Manning and luck and you will be thanking me in Jan 13!

I'm just saying. Some of you guys were freaking out and mad that we had to travel to Houston for the second year in a row for the season opener. Sorry for trying to start a new thread that isn't about Manning and Luck

I was just joking about a topic not envolving Manning and/or Luck since thats about the only thing any1 talks about.

Didn't you notice my sarcasm sign?

Alright as you know the Colts have had to play the season opener on the road against the Texans 2 years in a row. What if this happens again this year? Will you be upset?

Not at all. They are an NFL team with an average salary that is truly obscene. What ever the schedule, they need to put their their big boy pads on and play. They miserably failed at this last year - and still made a gazillion dollars.

No faith in our own, we bring in a 37 yr old vet to start the season with 1 week to go. I say stick with manning because no rookie knows the nfl speed right out of the gate. I'm buying colt playoff tickets this year because of Manning, Every frickin team wants Manning! What the F does that tell you? Of a washed up Qb? Or a proven mvp who can step right in and take the team to a new level. I;m not waiting 3-4 years for the so called jump if it even happens to make the playoffs. I'm betting the house on a proven winner who wants to show people/teams that he is back and is taking no prisoners, Draft Luck and sit him and cut the other overpaid fat on this team. We have a s load of draft picks and udfa's, With Manning, we will be alright. All eyes/money is watching Manning this year. Why not have the world watch the colts with Manning? We win either way! The money Manning brings to the colts ten fold his salary this year! Manning is the nfl this year. All eyes will be on Indy! We win, we win. People, wake up! We can and will have both Manning and luck and you will be thanking me in Jan 13!

Oh, good. A Manning vs. Luck discussion. I'm glad we worked this in here since there aren't any threads where it could be discussed.

Seems like all topics turn into Manning vs Luck. I will not be upset to have our 1st game against Houston. I think it would be great to get all pumped up and go beat those darn Texans right off the bat! Would be great to start the season with a bang! I have faith in our guys!

Seems like all topics turn into Manning vs Luck. I will not be upset to have our 1st game against Houston. I think it would be great to get all pumped up and go beat those darn Texans right off the bat! Would be great to start the season with a bang! I have faith in our guys!

I agree...tired of the Manning vs Luck debates and will have faith and cheer for whomever takes the field against Indy's opponents :)

I'll be happy to watch a colts game not being Quarterbacked by guys named Curtis or Dan. So...no I don't care.

Don't forget Kerry. :P

And for the record, I wouldn't mind beating the Colts 3 times in 3 years to start the season...:D

Houston is without a doubt our biggest competition in the division. So playing them in the first game of the season isn't that bad because we have all of our players back healthy and ready to go. If we were to play them around week 7 or 8, we could have injuries to some very key players and that could hurt our chances of winning. But by playing them week 1, we have a full, healthy roster ready to go

It's a double-edged sword...Houston would also be 100%(or at least pretty close assuming nobody goes down in the preseason) and imo they are more talented then us right now. But of course we will have to wait and see how the draft and FA turns out.

I gotta go with that it does make a difference. A rookie week one and a rookie week 6 is a totally different thing. I would rather our division games come later rather than earlier this year. But if Manning is back it dont matter IMO, but all signs are pointing to Luck week one so I gotta say itd be better to let him get a couple games under his belt before playing on the road against a division rivals.

It makes a huge difference. You come to the season opener with a Rookie QB and a totally revamped team going out and playing arguably the most complete team in the league. If it was half-way through the season then there would be more of a chemistry between our guys and by then we would have already have found our groove.

I understand your point, but Manning with an experienced team went in there 2 years ago and got their behinds handed to them. A beating that nobody expected, at least with a rookie QB and a revamped team you aren't expecting them to go into Houston and show dominance right out the gate. You would hope and wish they do, but to expect it is another story.

Bring on the Texans....lets see what the Pagano defense has right off the bat, and also if we can score against arguably the leagues best defense.(Ravens fans may disagree) We will also get to see what Bruce Arians has in store for the offense with "Our QB!"

Alright as you know the Colts have had to play the season opener on the road against the Texans 2 years in a row. What if this happens again this year? Will you be upset?

Yes.....I dont want to start the season with the defending division champ...

I want the division games pushed back as far as they can be...

...I dont want Andrew Luck's first start to be against Houston..

.....and even with manning..we didnt win at Houston in 2010

We beat em last year without Peyton...I think it's early to say that that game is a loss.

Andy.....we beat them when they were without Matt Schaub, too..

Come on...give us an opener against a team that's Not Top-10 in the NFL./..

....Dont the Vikings want to open the season in Indianapolis???

Me too. I'm still nursing a grudge and I need to see the Colts win in H

Especially on week 1. To be honest my highlight of last year was Colts win vs Houston in Indy. I was pumped cause were still undefeated at home vs hou.

Depends who is our starting QB for the game. If the other guy starts this type of game we will get crushed.

I don't care if we get scheduled an 8 game road streak to start the season, as long as we are better prepared than we were last year. Whats "fair" isn't important in the NFL. What matters is how prepared a team is to face adversity, mass injury, poor scheduling, incompetent back-ups (*cough cough Painter cough) or any other obstacle placed before them.