Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts and Buffalo Trade Scenario

Trade  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Colts Trade with Bills

7 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Stay where we are at.   I’m trusting Ballard when he says there’s a big drop in talent after pick 10.  

...and if you wanted to drive up the price, that's exactly what you would say.  

Of course when you have already traded down once, people probably aren't buying it.  If you loved Chubb so much, you wouldn't have traded down.    

I'm guessing if Ballard gets another offer, he will gladly trade down again.  If you can turn one #3 into two firsts and three seconds(or more) who wouldn't do it?  For a team in this position, it's a dream scenario.

6 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

If the Colts are trading back with Buffalo, they shouldn't have to give up an early 2. In fact Colts shouldn't be afraid to ask Buffalo to overpay ala Jets. That's just the price for a franchise QB.

Starting point for me, should be at least both firsts and a second. 

If they're not willing, then don't take it and just draft Chubb or Nelson.

But that's like saying that Nelson or Chubb is worth the 6 pick plus another 1st and a 2nd.  .

If you're the Colts in Buffalo's position now, would you make the OP trade up to take Nelson or Chubb?

The Colts would be foolish not to make the OPs trade, IMO.

1 hour ago, #12. said:

...and if you wanted to drive up the price, that's exactly what you would say.  

Of course when you have already traded down once, people probably aren't buying it.  If you loved Chubb so much, you wouldn't have traded down.    

I'm guessing if Ballard gets another offer, he will gladly trade down again.  If you can turn one #3 into two firsts and three seconds(or more) who wouldn't do it?  For a team in this position, it's a dream scenario.

Fair points.  

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well that’s your opinion, but Ballard stated that he felt comfortable at 6 that they could still get a premium player,and that it’d take a really enticing offer for him to trade back from 6. No offense, but it’s not about what you think, but about what Ballard says. And he has proven that he’s a man of his word.

I am thinking CB saying this was somewhat true, however he wants and needs depth through the draft. Him saying he wants to stay at 6 will just drive the price up for Bills, Cards, Phins.

I dont see a way this draft will happen. If it does, it'll be the Bills jumping to #2 or #4 overall instead of the Colts at #6. Moving back removes us from any chance at getting Chubb, which TBH is a long shot even as is. Chubb will be gone, 100%, at pick #7. Theres a chance IMO that Barkely, Chubb, and either Fitzpatrick/Nelson are all gone off the board as well before we even get to #6. Ballard stated that he feels theres 7-8 guys, including QBs, who are true impact players. It'd be outside of his character then to fall back even further

1 hour ago, jacksonjalovec said:

I am thinking CB saying this was somewhat true, however he wants and needs depth through the draft. Him saying he wants to stay at 6 will just drive the price up for Bills, Cards, Phins.

He will likely trade down in other rounds but he’s not moving back from 6. You’d have to give up a 1st next year and a 2 and/or 3 next year, and I don’t think anyone is paying that. But make no mistake about it, if Chubb is there at 6, there’s zero trade talk.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He will likely trade down in other rounds but he’s not moving back from 6. You’d have to give up a 1st next year and a 2 and/or 3 next year, and I don’t think anyone is paying that. But make no mistake about it, if Chubb is there at 6, there’s zero trade talk.

I think he's going to trade down on one of those 2nd round picks possibly.

13 hours ago, Alex22 said:

Why is the value off? If they see a franchise QB they will send picks?

Do you not remember the RG3 trade?

They're essentially missing out on the top QB talent if they are waiting until 6. Also, their only moving up 6 spots. That's not worthy of surrendering a late first, second and a third. Even look at the draft value chart value, it's way off. It's questionable to if they'd even offer this much to move up to 2. 

8 hours ago, TheMarine said:

I dont see a way this draft will happen. If it does, it'll be the Bills jumping to #2 or #4 overall instead of the Colts at #6. Moving back removes us from any chance at getting Chubb, which TBH is a long shot even as is. Chubb will be gone, 100%, at pick #7. Theres a chance IMO that Barkely, Chubb, and either Fitzpatrick/Nelson are all gone off the board as well before we even get to #6. Ballard stated that he feels theres 7-8 guys, including QBs, who are true impact players. It'd be outside of his character then to fall back even further

Agreed.  Bills wont trade with us.  They will trade with NYG or Cleveland.  Dorsey is a smart GM and he'll take Darnold #1 and won't sit on pick 4 to take a RB if he has a good offer from Buffalo, IMO, or any other team.  He can take Michel or Guice or N Chubb at 33 if he wants a RB that bad. 

Our best trade potential is probably Mia if the rumors are true they covet Baker Mayfield.  They need to stay ahead of ARIZ who might try to jump them.

Tyrod Taylor got them to the playoffs (which hurt them in the draft). It’s less likely they make the playoffs next year.

Swap No.6 for No.12, their pick No.65, and a future 1st rounder. They will make the deal since the Bucs may trade down too, possibly with Cardinals that also need a QB.

Would consider a couple options. Definitely not 2.4.

#6 for #12, #22, 2nd Rd pick

#6 for #12, #22, 3rd Rd pick, 2019 2nd Rd

#6 for #12, 2nd Rd pick, 3rd Rd pick, 2019 1st

No need for the Colts to give up an additional pick outside of #6. 

10 hours ago, TheMarine said:

Maybe your eyes will be opened on draft day

I am not sure Buffalo is as interested in our #6 as many Colts fans think. After all they didn't want to over pay for the #3 spot when we had that, why would they now want to overpay for #6 when arguably 2-3 QB's could be off the board by then......stranger things have happened in the NFL draft world for sure, but I think if you are looking for a partner at this point I don't think Buffalo is it. We would likely get better offers while we are on the clock from a team if say Barkley or at least someone they highly covet is still on the board at our pick.

3 hours ago, Crunked said:

I am not sure Buffalo is as interested in our #6 as many Colts fans think.

Buffalo would need to move in front of Denver at the least to get a top QB. They'll either get the #2 overall or the #4 overall. Ideally, they get the #2 overall and we get a Chubb

make them give up more or stay put

im not inclined to trade back if one of chubb, barkley or nelson are still there

if those guys are gone and the bills want to sell the farm for the 4th qb off the board then i would accept a trade

12 hours ago, Alex22 said:

A trade on draft day.

Ballard may not think all of those 7-8 impact guys will go in the top 7-8 picks 

Sorry for the confusion 

they probably wont be gone by the 7th pick, but they could be by the 10th or so

the bills have the 12th pick i believe, good chance they will be gone by then.  

3 hours ago, gacker65 said:

The trading of JPP, made it clear that Giants do not plan to trade or take a QB.  Giants now need a RB, O-line, and now a DE.

....maybe DE. They were in dire cap need, and while dumping JPP only freed up 2.5mil this year, it freed up 15mil+ next season I believe and they have some key players coming up next year they have to resign. I do think the Giants will take BPA, as they need all the things you mentioned. I think they'll take Barkley over Chubb, Chubb over Nelson. So, heres to hoping the Browns take a QB first!

I don't think, nor believe, the Colts should trade with Buffalo. Buffalo will need to get higher than 6 to get their QB. And, the Colts need to get an impact player. I think 3 QB's will go in the top 5 so that means Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson will fall to Indy. And, if none of those 3 do, I still stay at 6 and take Edmunds. 

I agree with those here who say if we ask for too much,  then Buffalo will simply take that same offer and shop it to Cleveland at 4 or the NYG at 2,  because those teams will likely be interested in both 1's and both 2's...    etc.

The Colts have to hope that the QB that Buffalo wants is available at 6....     and if so,  we still can't ask for too much,  but the Bills might shop that to a team right below us.   

So,  I would not be surprised if we we settle for their 1.12 and their first pick in the 3rd round 3.65...   and also try to get the Bills 1 and 3 NEXT YEAR as well.

I believe as much as Ballard wants lots of extra picks THIS YEAR,  he also wants lots of extra picks NEXT YEAR as well.     He wants to saturation bomb the next two drafts (18 and 19) to jump start our re-build.    He practically has to do this since he's so price sensitive with Free Agency.     This is year two of the Ballard re-build.      Two more drafts and one more FA period to get things up to speed.    19 is very important in this plan, IMO.

It's also possible that if we don't do a deal with Buffalo,  we might still be able to do a deal with Chicago at 8,  with SF at 9 or with the Raiders at 10.     Those are all stlll options.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree with those here who say if we ask for too much,  then Buffalo will simply take that same offer and shop it to Cleveland at 4 or the NYG at 2,  because those teams will likely be interested in both 1's and both 2's...    etc.

The Colts have to hope that the QB that Buffalo wants is available at 6....     and if so,  we still can't ask for too much,  but the Bills might shop that to a team right below us.   

So,  I would not be surprised if we we settle for their 1.12 and their first pick in the 3rd round 3.65...   and also try to get the Bills 1 and 3 NEXT YEAR as well.

I believe as much as Ballard wants lots of extra picks THIS YEAR,  he also wants lots of extra picks NEXT YEAR as well.     He wants to saturation bomb the next two drafts (18 and 19) to jump start our re-build.    He practically has to do this since he's so price sensitive with Free Agency.     This is year two of the Ballard re-build.      Two more drafts and one more FA period to get things up to speed.    19 is very important in this plan, IMO.

It's also possible that if we don't do a deal with Buffalo,  we might still be able to do a deal with Chicago at 8,  with SF at 9 or with the Raiders at 10.     Those are all stlll options.

I also think Ballard may just be sitting back and waiting till the deal he wants comes to him or he will pick at #6 if he don't get his price.

The deals may become be sweeter come draft day when one of the lower teams realize there is a player at #6 they want bad enough to make it worth a trade.

At this point in time, Buffalo would be the team that would be desperate to move, not the Colts.  The Colts really would like to stay where they are and get a high impact player at 6.  But if the price is right, and Buffalo is desperate enough for QB, then talk.  To me, it would start with both #1's and a 2.  Anything less than that and the Colts should stay put.  Why?  Because both the Colts and Buffalo know that the "big 4" QB's will likely be gone by pick 12.  Getting into the top 6 increases their odds greatly they can get at least one of those guys.  Now......what would change all of this is if Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson are all gone by pick 6.  I don't see it but it's possible these teams in front of the Colts get cold feet on the QB's.  I doubt it but it's possible.  And if that happens, the "shoe" will be on the other foot for the Colts.

In my opinion the ONLY way the Bills trade with us for the #6 is if they know 100% that the Giants are NOT drafting a QB. And if the Giants are not taking a QB, I am all for trading back and amassing some more pickage......if I am at 6 I want Chubb or Barkley, if those two are gone, I am okay with picking from the best of the rest from 7-15 area of the first round.