Alex22

Colts and Buffalo Trade Scenario

Trade  

65 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Colts Trade with Bills



Recommended Posts

What would you think of this trade scenario?

 

Say if Josh Allen MVP is there at #6 - who Bills covet highly?

 

Colts:

1.6, 2.4

For

Bills: 

1.12, 1.22, 2.21, 3.32

 

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay where we are at.   I’m trusting Ballard when he says there’s a big drop in talent after pick 10.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would Buffalo trade up to 6 and not to #2 with the Giants? The QBs will all be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Why would Buffalo trade up to 6 and not to #2 with the Giants? The QBs will all be gone.

 

Please read the whole topic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Pass

 

Two impact players from the first doesn't entice you PrincetonTiger?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

The value on this is way off, dont think Buf would offer all this

 

Why is the value off? If they see a franchise QB they will send picks?

 

Do you not remember the RG3 trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Take out the second from us and instead put a 5th and then we can talk about it...

 

That is reasonable.

 

Although from what my inside source says - the draft is stacked in the mid rounds.

 

Adding more mid round picks is great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Stay where we are at.   I’m trusting Ballard when he says there’s a big drop in talent after pick 10.  

 

Actually I don't think the top end talent of the draft is that great.

 

You can get impact player later in the first this year for sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We wouldn't need to include our 2nd.

Buffalo is super hungry for a QB. If there is one available at #6 they will be at our mercy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

 

Two impact players from the first doesn't entice you PrincetonTiger?  

Guys drafted in the 10s and 20s are not always impact players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Guys drafted in the 10s and 20s are not always impact players

Thats just my opinion princetontiger. I don’t think the top of this draft is exceptional unless you want a QB so might as well trade down and have more picks. Thanks for your input !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We wouldn't need to include our 2nd.

Buffalo is super hungry for a QB. If there is one available at #6 they will be at our mercy.

 

Yeah I somewhat agree. Just depends on if they are willing to wait around and take Rudolph or someone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to keep 2.4. Love having back-to-back picks there. 

 

I would tell BUF that the Colts will keep 2.4 and they can keep 1.22, just give up next year's 1st instead, along with 2,21 and 3.32.  

 

Trust me...if you value DL (which we all do) you are going to want to have an early pick in next year's draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I want to keep 2.4. Love having back-to-back picks there. 

 

I would tell BUF that the Colts will keep 2.4 and they can keep 1.22, just give up next year's 1st instead, along with 2,21 and 3.32.  

 

Trust me...if you value DL (which we all do) you are going to want to have an early pick in next year's draft.

 

Next years first does sound good - I'm not in love with any top DL this year except Landry. 

 

Also back-to-back picks at the top of the second is good, means we can catch all the good players that fell out of the first 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We wouldn't need to include our 2nd.

Buffalo is super hungry for a QB. If there is one available at #6 they will be at our mercy.

Exactly. If they want a QB, and he's available at 6, they cut the one sided  deal or lose out. I'm not saying the Colts should take a deal like that, but if its so good they can't refuse, then o.k,. But don't be using the draft trade chart to value this deal. The Colts/Jets trade shows that when it comes to a franchise QB, teams will pay a major premium to get one. The Colts only have to give up the #6. They would have to get way more than Buffalo's two #1's to make the deal. And Buffalo might just do that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Exactly. If they want a QB, and he's available at 6, they cut the one sided  deal or lose out. I'm not saying the Colts should take a deal like that, but if its so good they can't refuse, then o.k,. But don't be using the draft trade chart to value this deal. The Colts/Jets trade shows that when it comes to a franchise QB, teams will pay a major premium to get one. The Colts only have to give up the #6. They would have to get way more than Buffalo's two #1's to make the deal. And Buffalo might just do that. 

 

Oh I didn't use the value chart at all.

 

Was just a hypothetical scenario 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

 

Yeah I somewhat agree. Just depends on if they are willing to wait around and take Rudolph or someone. 

They'll try and trade up with Giants/browns if they haven't already. 

Your right, they may get Rudolph or Lamar Jackson if they cant trade up for the big 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can trade back with Buffalo and get their 12,22, and 2nd rounder and who knows maybe more AND then serlect Roquan Smith @12 that would be sweet.

And then maybe Guice @22 and still have 4 2nd round picks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If we can trade back with Buffalo and get their 12,22, and 2nd rounder and who knows maybe more AND then serlect Roquan Smith @12 that would be sweet.

And then maybe Guice @22 and still have 4 2nd round picks!

I have a feeling Guice can be had in the second. None of the teams in the late first have a premium need at running back.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Colts are trading back with Buffalo, they shouldn't have to give up an early 2. In fact Colts shouldn't be afraid to ask Buffalo to overpay ala Jets. That's just the price for a franchise QB.

 

Starting point for me, should be at least both firsts and a second. 

 

If they're not willing, then don't take it and just draft Chubb or Nelson.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex22 said:

 

Actually I don't think the top end talent of the draft is that great.

 

You can get impact player later in the first this year for sure. 

I really like Fitzpatrick and Chubb  so if Chubb is gone and fitz too then I’d warm up to that trade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

If the Colts are trading back with Buffalo, they shouldn't have to give up an early 2. In fact Colts shouldn't be afraid to ask Buffalo to overpay ala Jets. That's just the price for a franchise QB.

 

Starting point for me, should be at least both firsts and a second. 

 

If they're not willing, then don't take it and just draft Chubb or Nelson.

 

 

 

Yeah thats a solid stance to take. 

 

Just depends what you want and how CB's bigboard plays out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex22 said:

 

That is reasonable.

 

Although from what my inside source says - the draft is stacked in the mid rounds.

 

Adding more mid round picks is great

But it’s not worth getting rid of a second. You’re basically trading a second for a later second and third and then trading 6 for 12 and 22. I want more than that for 6, so bump the second down a few rounds. So basically we receive exactly the same picks but instead of shipping out 6 and a second its 6 and a 5th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

But it’s not worth getting rid of a second. You’re basically trading a second for a later second and third and then trading 6 for 12 and 22. I want more than that for 6, so bump the second down a few rounds. So basically we receive exactly the same picks but instead of shipping out 6 and a second its 6 and a 5th

 

Fair Call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, Josh Allen is available at 6 and you don’t want us to take him?

 

Didn’t you call him the future GOAT like a week ago? And that we’d be stupid to pass on him with the 3rd pick?

 

How times have changed..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Wait, Josh Allen is available at 6 and you don’t want us to take him?

 

Didn’t you call him the future GOAT like a week ago? And that we’d be stupid to pass on him with the 3rd pick?

 

How times have changed..

 

 

I would take him he is definitely GOAT. But CB won't take him after we let Tolzien go...

 

No need to bring unwanted nastiness to forum Trueman. 

 

Everyone here is entitled to an opinion.

 

Even you  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

 

I would take him he is definitely GOAT. But CB won't take him after we let Tolzien go...

 

No need to bring unwanted nastiness to forum Trueman. 

 

Everyone here is entitled to an opinion.

 

Even you  

 

Releasing Tolzien prevents us from taking the GOAT?

 

Nastiness? This is nasty?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way. That's too much to give up and not enough in return. They can keep their 21st pick. Give us the 12th pick, top of the third and a first next year to move up and deal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Josh Allen "out of the league in three years" is there at 6, I would consider taking a Bills trade down if Bradley Chubb isn't there.

 

It would be a better deal though.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Stay where we are at.   I’m trusting Ballard when he says there’s a big drop in talent after pick 10.  

I can't say it any better than Fluke33 did. Remain steadfast & snag either Chubb or Nelson. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Why would Buffalo trade up to 6 and not to #2 with the Giants? The QBs will all be gone.

From what I understand the Jets tried to trade with the Giants and offered the same deal as the Colts were and the Giants refused. So I don't think the Giants are trading at all. IMO I think the Giants do one of two things. Get A QB or take Barkley. Personally I think they take Barkley. I think they are going to make a run with Eli and want to load up as much as possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alex22 said:

What would you think of this trade scenario?

 

Say if Josh Allen MVP is there at #6 - who Bills covet highly?

 

Colts:

1.6, 2.4

For

Bills: 

1.12, 1.22, 2.21, 3.32

 

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. 

yes on trading back with the Bills but not for giving up 2.4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would trade down with Bills, but not if we had to include a 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked Maybe, it really just depends if Chubb and Nelson are gone. If they are trade back, take Ward and Edwards or Wynn. But if one of the two are there then we need to stay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alex22 said:

 

Actually I don't think the top end talent of the draft is that great.

 

You can get impact player later in the first this year for sure. 

Well that’s your opinion, but Ballard stated that he felt comfortable at 6 that they could still get a premium player,and that it’d take a really enticing offer for him to trade back from 6. No offense, but it’s not about what you think, but about what Ballard says. And he has proven that he’s a man of his word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We're trending upwards so that's an improvement from last year. The red zone stuff will sort itself out I think.  Reich and Siri have some film of what wrong. If they're competent coaches they'll see what we're doing wrong and react accordingly, play calling wise.   Not to derail with a Luck comment, but some are definitely overreacting on his arm strength. The guy was on a pitch count in training camp. Those arm muscles are still working their way back. He didn't look like Chad Pennington out there like some make it seem. His throw at I think 2:15 in the first to TY was a laser out route to the far side of the field. That's a hard their to make. Plus the ball is heavier when wet. He looks strong and he'll improve 
    • Leonard is a Colts lb who can actually blitz. Would be great to see Tom just eat dirt after being slammed down on a perfectly timed blitz.   We definitely look better overall as a team. 
    • Remember when Mathis said something special was brewing? Guess he wasn't just blowing smoke. 
    • Agree w/OP. Much to be happy with and build upon!
    • Our D is truly much better than originally expected. How good, only time will tell.   Pats will get it going. They always do. Brady and Belichick always do. And Gordon will likely be up to speed and balling out by the time we play them. Hopefully the Fins pop them next week, and when they play us they are looking forward to the Cheifs. 
  • Members

    • ReMeDy

      ReMeDy 2,590

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Alex22

      Alex22 168

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlackPanther

      BlackPanther 158

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Caffrey

      Caffrey 16

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Buck Showalter

      Buck Showalter 3,610

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • #12.

      #12. 1,021

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Surge89

      Surge89 906

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buffalo34

      buffalo34 801

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ProblChld32

      ProblChld32 515

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 16,780

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active: