Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts reportedly could be all in on D.J. Fluker

Along with 4 or 5 other teams including Seattle who has brought him in for a visit. I'm all for O-Line help but he was part of one of the worst lines last year. Not sure how I feel about him. Regardless, the competition would help

He's always been an upside guy that had the physical traits and flashed some technical ability. I just don't think he's been able to put it together at the NFL level. If nothing else, he could be a depth/project player for us. I wouldn't give him much of a contract though.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

He's always been an upside guy that had the physical traits and flashed some technical ability. I just don't think he's been able to put it together at the NFL level. If nothing else, he could be a depth/project player for us. I wouldn't give him much of a contract though.

Very true. He was a first round pick for a reason. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in on a cheap prove it deal. If he could find his feet here in Indy, could be a sneaky good signing.

Um maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but isn't Fluker atrocious?

Edit: I think it was someone else. There was someone constantly drawing the ire of Giants fans and I thought it was Fluker.  But I just checked and they seem to want to keep him around. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we get him and Jensen, then the O-Line will finally start to take shape. Fluker would be an upgrade at RT. Then Nelson could fill out the line completely.

If they bring him in, then he will be playing G probably RG

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Didn't realize that, my apologizes.

Yeah, SD switched him inside a year or two ago (then the Giants played him all last year inside) just doesn't have the feet to keep up with speed but he is usually a sound run blocker.  My opinion, he would be a filler until a drafted guy develops.

6 minutes ago, TheMose said:
  1. I'm at work on a Government computer so I can't attach the link. And I apologize, the wording was not "all in" the statement was "Giants, Dolphins, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Colts could all be in the mix for D.J. Fluker"

Funny.

The reason I brought that up, at all, was because your post was like the 3rd to use that phrase in the past couple of days, and in all three cases, the use of it was kinda odd.    :)

17 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Edit: I think it was someone else. There was someone constantly drawing the ire of Giants fans and I thought it was Fluker.  But I just checked and they seem to want to keep him around. 

You're probably thinking of Ereck Flowers. But Fluker isn't great, either...

55 minutes ago, TheMose said:

Along with 4 or 5 other teams including Seattle who has brought him in for a visit. I'm all for O-Line help but he was part of one of the worst lines last year. Not sure how I feel about him. Regardless, the competition would help

Where is a report stating the Colts could be all in on Fluker?

His oline coach from the Giants is now in Seattle... I'm guessing he will go to Seattle.

41 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we get him and Jensen, then the O-Line will finally start to take shape. Fluker would be an upgrade at RT. Then Nelson could fill out the line completely.

Fluker can't play RT..,   He doesn't have the feet...   the success he's had has been at guard...   I'd love to have him anyway..

(Now watch us sign him to play tackle!)

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

To your edit: Maybe you are thinking of Flowers?