Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in on Dion Lewis

12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There must be a glitch because there are 30 and counting DL threads just posted

No, it probably lagged for OP and he must've spammed the hell out of submit because of the lag. That's what happens when you're trying to make sure you're the first one to post something.

There's absolutely no reason you'd need to hit submit that many times. If it doesn't work after 2, assume it's posted and refresh. Worst case scenario you have to paste the link and post it again......instead of taking almost 3 pages with one spammed post....

There's quite a few player releases going on, lots of rumors about FA's, which could mean a ton of new threads soon.

Just a suggestion but it might be a good idea for someone to start/sticky a new thread for all the new info/tweets/rumors and just the general discussion today.

10 minutes ago, Shive said:

No, it probably lagged for OP and he must've spammed the hell out of submit because of the lag. That's what happens when you're trying to make sure you're the first one to post something.

There's absolutely no reason you'd need to hit submit that many times. If it doesn't work after 2, assume it's posted and refresh. Worst case scenario you have to paste the link and post it again......instead of taking almost 3 pages with one spammed post....

I know I never do it

Gross. He will have a market...so the Colts will be bidding against other teams to buy high on an aging scat back with multiple knee surgeries coming from a system that inflates scat backs. I would rather save the money and give Vereen the vet min.

19 minutes ago, Shive said:

:lol:

1 minute ago, bananabucket said:

I wouldnt be thrilled with Hyde either but he makes more sense than Lewis if we're going the FA route.

He does, but wouldn't he be more expensive? Reich and Ballard may also want to have a RBBC than spend big money on Hyde.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I don’t see him as a complementary Back to Mack

That's where he doesn't make sense to me either. I could see Hyde as a good pairing skillset-wise, but I still don't care for him as a RB..

34 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Gross. He will have a market...so the Colts will be bidding against other teams to buy high on an aging scat back with multiple knee surgeries coming from a system that inflates scat backs. I would rather save the money and give Vereen the vet min.

At least they inflate something...................................

55 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

He's not a "scat back" per se.......  http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2017/11/dion_lewis_earns_praise_from_b.html

plays about 10 pounds lighter than MJD used to....

47 minutes ago, Archer said:

He can’t be happy with being a low priority FA for the Pats.  But that is a good point - his beef wouldn’t be as strong as Butler’s...

I think with all the knee issues he's had going back to college and pro's, he's happy that he's had AND will again have a job in the nfl. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

There's no reason, imo, that Mack can't be the receving back that Lewis is with experience and coaching. He can catch. And he has more Big Play ability too.

Too many think Lewis is just a receiving back, scat back, etc...... the dude can run it up the middle too, he is a well rounded back, and would be a cheap enough starter for a RBBC approach like Philly used.   He led the league in yards after contact per attempt by week 15 this past season

7 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Too many think Lewis is just a receiving back, scat back, etc...... the dude can run it up the middle too, he is a well rounded back, and would be a cheap enough starter for a RBBC approach like Philly used.   He led the league in yards after contact per attempt by week 15 this past season

I've always liked Lewis. He impressed me in his freshman season at Pitt. I'm sure his multiple knee injuries slowed him down but he's still a decent back. 

But I think Mack can be everything Lewis is and more.

4 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Did you really just say gross?