Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in on Dion Lewis

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe....   but either way, Lewis FITS Reich's system.    So if we sign him, that means both Reich and Ballard think he's a perfect fit.

Isn't that a good thing?

Lewis would definitely fit. My only concern is that it would be a bit redundant since Lewis and Mack are similar RB's in their skill-sets.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Lewis would definitely fit. My only concern is that it would be a bit redundant since Lewis and Mack are similar RB's in their skill-sets.

They are...   but so are Freeman and Coleman with Atlanta, and they manage alright.

If we sign Lewis or McKinnon, I see them mostly sharing -- perhaps 60/40 -- the RB position with Mack.

I just hope we don't skip drafting a RB out of this very good class as well...

A reminder...   Ballard has talked about wanting to be faster everywhere because we play roughly 10-12 games indoors a year on carpet.

So he may want two speedier, slasher types.   He may not want a traditional power guy.    I hope he does, but I don't think we can count on it.   

I think this is something to watch for going forward..

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

some Colt fans definition of success = Doing anything...cut or sign.....just do something

Standing pat = failure while other teams succeed

amiright?

Are you insinuating that standing pat wouldn't be a bad thing for the colts right now? Because I don't see how standing pat on a roster that may be the most talent deprived in the AFC could be considered a good thing......

10 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Are you insinuating that standing pat wouldn't be a bad thing for the colts right now? Because I don't see how standing pat on a roster that may be the most talent deprived in the AFC could be considered a good thing......

No...being sarcastic. I appreciate that we did not make Norwell the highest paid guard in the league. Too much building from the ground up to make anyone the highest paid player at this point.

Build this thing through the draft.