Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revelation from TigerTown: Let’s Be Realistic

Barkley is awesome no doubt, but if the Browns and Giants pass on a QB they want it could be a mistake (if they want a QB).

If they pass on Chubb, good for us.  I think it was Polian who once said you don’t pass on a pass rusher as well.  I’d rather get Chubb and a decent RB in round two than vice versa.

Just now, Ryan43 said:

Barkley is awesome no doubt, but if the Browns and Giants pass on a QB they want it could be a mistake (if they want a QB).

If they pass on Chubb, good for us.  I think it was Polian who once said you don’t pass on a pass rusher as well.  I’d rather get Chubb and a decent RB in round two than vice versa.

Browns own two top 5 picks and not sure the NYG could survive in that market If they draft a top 5 QB and intend to keep EM

I agree

I'm all in on Chubb unless he struggles at the combine...but I could see Barkley/Chubb going 1/2.  Not that it's likely, just a possibility.

If that happens then I wouldn't mind a trade down, in a perfect world. If we don't get good enough offers in that scenario, then I guess just be safe and draft Nelson.

Trade down with jets @6 and get 2 additional 2nd round picks.

There will still be a top prospect qb left and Miami wants him badly. Trade #6 to phinns at #11 and also get their 2nd rd, 3rd rd, and RB Drake.

So by trading down 8 spots we get a additional 3 second rounders, a third rounder and RB Drake.

I normally am against trading down as I prefer Blue Chippers instead of quanity. But with Barkley not available Getting a playmaker is questionable. So I prefer additional picks because we have plenty needs.

At #11 I would strongly consider LB R. Smith from Georgia.

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

I think the better question is what does Ballards board look like.  He will fill needs in FA and go BPA in draft.  Unless it's close and he will opt for a lineman.  That's what said and he seems to do that. 

FA activity will pla6 a huge role in the draft strategy 

6 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'm all in on Chubb unless he struggles at the combine...but I could see Barkley/Chubb going 1/2.  Not that it's likely, just a possibility.

If that happens then I wouldn't mind a trade down, in a perfect world. If we don't get good enough offers in that scenario, then I guess just be safe and draft Nelson.

This is what I’m afraid of (Barkley and Chubb go 1/2).

Agree Nelson should be the pick, but don’t know where.  I could see Tampa grabbing Nelson too.

38 minutes ago, Ryan43 said:

This is what I’m afraid of (Barkley and Chubb go 1/2).

Agree Nelson should be the pick, but don’t know where.  I could see Tampa grabbing Nelson too.

Tampa or maybe even the Chicago Bears...    I think both if their guards have been set loose in FA...   and Nelson is from ND and you know how Chicago loves the Domers...

Browns will take Darnold and the Giants will take Allen/maybe Rosen? So SB will be there at #3. Browns would be scrutinized bigtime if they took a RB #1 and passing on a possible franchise QB with their past history. Eli Manning has maybe 1 or 2 years left so they need a franchise QB to take his place being groomed too. JMO's.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Browns will take Darnold and the Giants will take Allen/maybe Rosen? So SB will be there at #3. Browns would be scrutinized bigtime if they took a RB #1 and passing on a possible franchise QB with their past history. Eli Manning has maybe 1 or 2 years left so they need a franchise QB to take his place being groomed too. JMO's.

Giants will not take a QB at 2 because they are not in KC

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People could say the Browns could just take SB #1 and a QB at #4 but what if the Giants Draft the QB they want? Cant risk it. We could even trade down from 3 and another QB could go to that team.

The  Browns could move up to #2 if they are that concerned about not getting SB They have the 4th 33rd 35th 63rd 65th picks. 

19 minutes ago, akcolt said:

The  Browns could move up to #2 if they are that concerned about not getting SB They have the 4th 33rd 35th 63rd 65th picks. 

Giants would have to trade their #2, highly doubtful if they want a QB even to move to #4. We could still trade down our #3 to a QB hungry team is why as well.

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who says NYG want a QB

IMO I think they will Draft one. Eli hasn't played well in recent years so it would be wise when you have the #2 pick to pick someone you can groom. That is my thinking anyway and they will never have the opportunity to pick this high again. What cracks me up is how people think the Giants will pick Barkley or it's ok too but it's not ok for us. That is really odd. Giants need help on the O.Line as much as we do and if Chubb is all that, why shouldn't they take Chubb. I think when it comes to Barkley some just don't want us to take him lmao. It's perfectly fine for the Giants too though at #2?? Come on now taking a RB at #2 is so wrong, right?

20 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I think the better question is what does Ballards board look like.  He will fill needs in FA and go BPA in draft.  Unless it's close and he will opt for a lineman.  That's what said and he seems to do that. 

That seems to be the best route. However, 31 other teams can mess up the road and cause detours.

20 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

FA activity will pla6 a huge role in the draft strategy 

The draft is always a surprise.  Some things go as planned, the Wham! Over goes the apple cart.

We do not know how the two teams above us will respond.  Dorsey knows QB's (even got Mahomes last year) and like Elway, Dorsey says this crop of QB's is good, and deep.  He also said he will listen to trade down from #1 or #4, also (likely not both).  He is also a BPA draft guy, unless he trades to get a 'specific guy'. But remember, this is lying season as well...

Giants have a history of drafting game changing defensive line. They need a QB but one taken in top 5 puts pressure on organization to start him straight away.  I don't see getting a QB at 2 and sitting him 1-2 years. Eli has the Giant s over a barrel, with his not trade clause, and the dead cap money on his contract.  f ever a post June 1 cut, cap space isn't given back to the Giants until well after FA.  And if they feel QB class is deep too, they might get theirs early round 2...

I can't wait to see if anybody (here or web sites) gets the top 10-15 even remotely right.

I'm still banking on Barkley going to Browns at 1.

If this happens Giants will take Nelson at 2, UNLESS they Sign Norwell in FA. I don't believe Giants would sign Chubb here, I think they trade down with Barkley gone and not having a HUGE need at Guard with Norwell signing.

If Browns pass on Barkley and Giants sign Norwell in FA, then Giants draft Barkley at 2. If Giants don't sign Norwell in FA they will take Nelson at 2 and Barkley will be staring the Colts in the face. I know you won't agree but Giants most pressing need, like the Colts, is offensive line and Gettleman has a history of building teams inside out. O'Hara said as much during combine interviews. Giants will go after Norwell hard for this reason, Colts must stop this to get Barkley.

Colts having a shot at Barkley IMO hinges on 2 very important things.

1) Colts MUST sign Norwell in FA to keep him away from Giants. ( Most important )

2) Browns MUST pass over selecting Barkley at 1. ( Most Obvious )

If Colts are staring at Barkley and Chubb, both available at 3, the pick will be Barkley. I know we NEED a pass rusher in a huge way, however with lack of receiver depth/options out there, an offensive weapon like Barkley cannot be passed on. I think if Colts had a "Really Solid" WR core (offensive playmakers) then they might pass Barkley over, but we don't. Barkley will be the pick if he is there. Just my guess 

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People could say the Browns could just take SB #1 and a QB at #4 but what if the Giants Draft the QB they want? Cant risk it. We could even trade down from 3 and another QB could go to that team.

Or Dorsey could like multiple QB prospects and think so highly of Barkley/want him so bad that he's okay with going with his 2nd/3rd choice at QB. Especailly if he doesn't fall in love with any QB over the other, and especially if he thinks Barkley could help take the load off the rookie QB.

Not saying I'd bet on it playing out this way but I do think it's very possible.

I think that it's likely that the Browns might want to trade their 4th for our 3rd, because they know that there would probably be a lot of interest from other teams, in moving up to third.

Imagine getting the 4th, 33rd and a 3rd rounder.

If you wanted to, you could probly still trade down a few spots from the 4th and still pick Nelson, and have three early picks in round 2.