Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Manning hired as new TE coach

1959Colts

Previous Offensive Coordinator Iowa St. Cyclones

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/24/colts-hire-tom-manning-as-tight-ends-coach/

....Manning is not related to Colts great Peyton Manning.

Although he hasn’t coached in the NFL before, Manning has earned a reputation as a very good offensive coordinator at the college level. In his two years calling plays at Iowa State, the Cyclones had their two most productive passing offenses in program history.

A friend of mine is an Iowa State alumni,  so we've talked about ISU football the last 2 seasons. This a great hire y'all! ISU was able to beat #3 Oklahoma then #4 TCU this season because of creative plays & fundamentals. Frank Reich is putting together some great offensive minds.

I was born and raised in Toledo, so even though I live in Spokane, WA, I always follow the Rockets in the MAC. Tom Manning has been part of Matt Campbell's coaching staff both at Toledo and Iowa State. Those teams have always had a good offense. Jason Candle, the current Toledo coach, was the Rockets OC under Campbell and he has done well getting the Rockets to bowl games as well. One of the best parts of the Toledo offenses has been creativity, speedy wide receivers, tight end play, and big, strong o-lines. 

I think this was a great hire.

23 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

ikr? I’m really looking forward to Jack Doyle throwing a TD pass. 

...to Luck and then Luck telling Tom Brady "here, hold my beer, let me show you how to catch a TD pass." :) 

We can always think positive. 

13 hours ago, chad72 said:

...to Luck and then Luck telling Tom Brady "here, hold my beer, let me show you how to catch a TD pass." :) 

We can always think positive. 

I remember watching the Stanford game Live when Luck ran the same play and caught the ball before going out of bounds. If memory serves, he caught the pass one-handed.