Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official: Nick Sirianni hired as Colts' OC

zibby43

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ironic to me as I posted at the end of January that I thought the webpage was great in January.

I think things changed in February with the rumors of JM getting cold feet...   then he officially backed out...   and things went south here...    then EJ died in a terribly tragic accident...    then the candidates to replace JM seemed to underwhelm many here..    and no one was happy..

Then Frank is named HC and the announcement if the OC gets messed up by a false report...   fans here are more than a little frazzled...

The idea that someone here floated that this website gets this way every year, every offseason is nonsense. Pure fiction.

This off season has been like no other and people are stressed to the max...

Hopefully things will calm down soon...

I said that and stand by the fact during the off-season the Football dwindles and talk changes to other sports and/orvevents not to mention member activity often drops

I do agree with you on the Negativity 

I was referring to the type of content and activity not attitudes 

3 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Is this a seahawks forum site now?

I did laugh at this reply because I got briefly confused as to why a previous SB was being mentioned in a new Colt hire & then I reminded myself that SW1 has been known to take a brief detour every now & then so, I really shouldn't tease anybody else over introducing something different or foreign in a new topic. 

It's all good. Like a vacation off the grid or conventional road temporarily. I like those diversions. Stuff outta left field that forces me to pay attention & see if I'm really awake or not. 

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I did laugh at this reply because I got briefly confused as to why a previous SB was being mentioned in a new Colt hire & then I reminded myself that SW1 has been known to take a brief detour every now & then so, I really shouldn't tease anybody else over introducing something different or foreign in a new topic. 

It's all good. Like a vacation off the grid or conventional road temporarily. I like those diversions. Stuff outta left field that forces me to pay attention & see if I'm really awake or not. 

I somewhat enjoyed the little jaunt since I boycotted the last few SBs

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I somewhat enjoyed the little jaunt since I boycotted the last few SBs

I never thought of that actually PT. For folks who weren't real crazy about previous SB squads, breaking down a vital play in that game can shed light on why a play failed or not & confirm that you didn't really need to waste 4 hours of your life over a yr ago. 

I watch the SB mostly for the commercials & 2nd half game comebacks. Man, the commercials are getting bad. Everybody is afraid of offending the wrong group--Sponsors & ad agencies I mean. That's why I loved banned foreign commercials. Much bolder about sexuality & challenging social norms. They get sarcasm in Europe & overseas too. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

I never thought of that actually PT. For folks who weren't real crazy about previous SB squads, breaking down a vital play in that game can shed light on why a play failed or not & confirm that you didn't really need to waste 4 hours of your life over a yr ago. 

I watch the SB mostly for the commercials & 2nd half game comebacks. Man, the commercials are getting bad. Everybody is afraid of offending the wrong group--Sponsors & ad agencies I mean. That's why I loved banned foreign commercials. Much bolder about sexuality & challenging social norms. They get sarcasm in Europe & overseas too. 

I followed this last one just because the Eagles were playing

I actually watched the WSOP 

39 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I followed this last one just because the Eagles were playing

I actually watched the WSOP 

I've seen poker toy-na-ments sorry tournaments on tv before. I always think it's strange when players wear dark glasses at the table. If you can't give a poker face while playing without hiding your eyes, then just leave.

I'm fine with hats, hoods, & even smack talk to opponents. Just show me your eyes. Players should be able to bluff without some sort of facial mask. 

I'm not going to act like I know much about this guy. There's no way I'm going to take the necessary time to research and study him, but it seems like a promising hire. 

I like that he's young and well thought of. Hopefully his personality offsets Reich's a bit , and there's some edge to him.

I want sharp, creative minds throughout organization. We've been too bland and unimaginative for too long.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually...   the Pats HAD stopped Lynch twice earlier in the game on third and short.

And the reason Seattle ran that play is because they had used it multiple times in the regular season and had not been stopped.

The Seahawks had been so successful with that pick play in the regular season that the Pats had picked up on it in film study.   They told their players that Seattle would run that play if they hit the chance.

And yet,  here's the rub...   the Pats couldn't stop it in practice all week in practice.   Not once.   And they practiced for it all week long leading up to the SB.   This is documented by the Pats own video in their SB film "Do your job."

But in the game, the Seahawks intended target didn't run the route flat enough allowing Butler to knife in and make the interception.   Poor execution.

I personally didnt line the call..  but history was on Seattle's side.  And the Pats predicted the play.   Props go to them.

Not to mention, of all teams starters and backup QB's , not a single one was 'picked off' from the 1 yd line all season. None until M. Butler did it at the best moment of his career..

11 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Everything I've read about Sirianni has seemed very positive.

He did a lot with San Diego's WR corps, which isn't necessarily the most talented (especially when it is without Allen).

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Sirianni did a a lot with a poor SD WR core, especially when Keenan Allen was hurt. I love this hire, and I have hope for our WR crew this year, whatever it turns out to be alongside Hilton.

You and I are on the same wavelength.

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He and Ballard weren't in KC at the same time

Wasn't trying to imply that they were.  Was trying to imply that Ballard is pretty familiar with a lot of folks throughout the KC organization, some of whom probably had some intel re: Sirianni.  KC obviously had quite the regime change following the 2012 season, and I believe Sirianni was on to San Diego by 2013.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Yeah, I also like how he has worked both with QBs and, later, WRs. And the talk about him being bright and creative is sweet music to my ears. Let’s unlock this offense! :rock:

For sure!  The more I read, the more confident I become in the (likely) hire.  This staff is going to have a lot of young, energetic, hungry, and most importantly, intelligent guys. 

That is exactly what this young team, in the midst of a total rebuild, needs.

The McD pullout of '18 (that sounds wrong now that I typed it) could be one heck of a blessing at the end of the day.  Like, Manning over Leaf type of blessing.  Or Edge over R. Williams.

6 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

All this chat about mixing up colleges is quite funny for me as we have a grand total of 7 colleges in New Zealand so its quite hard for us to mix them up :lol:

Lol, there are more than 10 within in an hour of me

2 that had identical abbreviations until about 20 Years Ago

6 hours ago, Trueman said:

I'm not going to act like I know much about this guy. There's no way I'm going to take the necessary time to research and study him, but it seems like a promising hire. 

I like that he's young and well thought of. Hopefully his personality offsets Reich's a bit , and there's some edge to him.

I want sharp, creative minds throughout organization. We've been too bland and unimaginative for too long.

Sirianni is known to sometimes be quite animated. Like in Philly, where Reich was the calm good cop and DeFilippo was the screaming bad cop, Sirianni may play the bad cop role here.

And maybe he will be just what young Mr. Moncrief needs to get him back on track. :scoregood:

46 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

Sirianni is known to sometimes be quite animated. Like in Philly, where Reich was the calm good cop and DeFilippo was the screaming bad cop, Sirianni may play the bad cop role here.

And maybe he will be just what young Mr. Moncrief needs to get him back on track. :scoregood:

He got a lot out of the Charger WRs

A coach's son, stickler to details, sounds like a young <whose name shall not be mentioned> to me without the play calling experience:

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-chargers/post/_/id/23590/chargers-have-void-to-fill-with-nick-sirianni-headed-to-indy

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/02/12/nick-sirianni-colts-offensive-coordinator-here-5-things-know/328471002/

I like these lines:

where he started as an offensive quality control coach before working with quarterbacks and wide receivers

Jon Gruden started as an offensive quality control coach, so Nick has done extensive preparatory work on game planning on the offensive side. How he adapts to game day play calling, we will soon find out.