Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Plan To Interview Leslie Frazier

1959Colts

How about someone who has won a title, Cowher or someone who has veins that stick out in their neck.

yes, he won one as a player, granted and here is a list of his experience

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So far what we have had is:

McDaniels, A guy who has demonstrated to be less than successful on his own and carry personality baggage

Campbell:  A guy who had limited success at Miami and hasn't gotten another shot.

Frazier:  A guy who had success when the best RB in the game was the best RB in the game.  Then not.

Reich:  Fairly unknown.

So we have 3 guys who have demonstrated performance on a scale from mediocre to bad, and 1 unknown.

I say hire the unknown.

Or maybe just name Eberflus the HC?

NOOOoooooo!!!!!! I'm hoping this is to satisfy the Rooney Rule because Frazier is a subpar clone of Tony Dungy just like Jim Caldwell. If you want mediocrity they should've just kept Chuck because Frazier AND Campbell don't move the needle. Too bad the spineless snake backed out the job and left the Colts in scramble mode but you can still fix this with Frank as hc. I love what the Eagles accomplished on offense plus he has ties to Indy. As a former nfl qb I think he could do wonders with Luck.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown   

Be careful not judge a candidate on his success with a team but his coaching abilities 

I think Frazier has been around long enough that we have taken everything into consideration

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Maybe.  And since Dephillipio or whatever is supposed to have the better offensive mind over Reich, promote him to OC on our team.

That might be the best solution.

Funny thing is... I was really just joking, but in reality, he may be the best choice.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Source: The #Colts sent in a request to interview #Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier for their vacant head coaching position. Owner Jim Irsay is a big fan, Frazier might restore normalcy

I hope Irsay isn't now going to meddle in the hiring process.

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I hope Irsay isn't now going to meddle in the hiring process.

I'm not worried about that.

I think after being jilted by 'that other guy', you dream of the past. How things used to be.

Frazier's a solid guy, with a good football background, and has ties. And, I liked his show.

Not saying he'd be a good HC, but I understand the consideration.

BTW, I'm not saying he'd be a bad HC either. We just wouldn't know until he did it.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown   

Be careful not judge a candidate on his success with a team but his coaching abilities 

I think Frank had a lot to do with their success on offense as oc. For what it's worth the national media seems to think he would be an excellent fit for Luck and the Colts with his vast offensive knowledge as well as having worked with qbs like Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers and Carson Wentz. Let's not forget he was HOF Jim Kelly's understudy for years as a player. I would prefer John DeFilippo but Frank brings a lot to the table also.

Just now, buccolts said:

Does Frazier have ties to Marinelli?

They were both with the Bears, but I don't recall if their paths crossed.

Could be Frazier's defensive philosophy meshes with our present DC(?).

I would think the philosophies are similar 

Frazier would be a terrible hire just judging the move in a vacuum. But it makes even less sense now that Eberflus is here. Frazier is likely wants to bring in his own staff...but the DC and DL coach positions are already filled. So you are already off to a weird start. And then you will have Frazier filling in the rest of the defensive coaches with his guys...not Eberflus'...which makes it even weirder. It could work out...but I really don't want to find out.    

The Colts have always needed to hire an offensive guy...and that has not changed. Those are the best candidates availalbe...and the offensive coach positions are still open, which will allow that HC to bring in his "staff." Seemed like an offensive mind was always the plan for Ballard...no need to stray from that now.

I cannot get behind hiring Frazier.

26 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So far what we have had is:

McDaniels:  A guy who has demonstrated to be less than successful on his own and carries personality baggage.

Campbell:  A guy who had limited success at Miami and hasn't gotten another shot.

Frazier:  A guy who had success when the best RB in the game was the best RB in the game.  Then not.

Reich:  Fairly unknown.

So we have 3 guys who have demonstrated performance on a scale from mediocre to bad, and 1 unknown.

I say hire the unknown.  That's about the best we can do.

I actually enjoyed that logic there. 

Just now, shastamasta said:

Frazier would be a terrible hire just judging the move in a vacuum. But it makes even less sense now that Eberflus is here. Frazier is likely wants to bring in his own staff...but the DC and DL coach positions are already filled. So you are already off to a weird start. And then you will have Frazier filling in the rest of the defensive coaches with his guys...not Eberflus'...which makes it even weirder. It could work out...but I really don't want to find out.    

The Colts have always needed to hire an offensive guy...and that has not changed. Those are the best candidates availalbe...and the offensive coach positions are still open, which will allow that HC to bring in his "staff." Seemed like an offensive mind was always the plan for Ballard...no need to stray from that now.

I am with you. I agree

1. Stephen Holder Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Frazier probably wouldn’t satisfy many Colts fans, but I will say Ian is right about one thing here: Frazier’s reputation in the league is that of someone who commands respect. Would also line up with Ballard’s preferred defensive style.

Stephen Holder added,

1 minute ago, life long said:

Whoever we hire is going to be more of an interim HC IMO.... Considering the circumstances....

That is what I am afraid of. Ballard has to get it right.

This team cannot afford another coaching fire in a year or two.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think the three are in and I think Campbell is the frontrunner.  He is the first one being interviewed as McDaniels was  in the initial search.  Campbell's personality and style kind of feels similar to Vrabel's as well.  

The order in which these coaches are being interviewed, to me, is irrelevant.

It could simply be logistics

However, if Ballard's choice comes down to personality, then I give the nod to Campbell as well.

33 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Well eberflus is coming from Dallas and working under rod Marinelli who runs a very similar style of defense as Frazier. So unless personalities severely clash I wouldn't be worried about them being on different pages as far as scheme is concerned. 

Plus Ballard said in his presser he's spoken to all of the candidates about those 3 coaches that have been hired and all candidates were on board with them. 

Having said all that I still don't want Frazier. Reich is my pick at this point

21 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Another thing about Frazier is that he is WAY too conservative. As hc he always played it safe and close to the vest but he was a likable guy..... Pass on Frazier

New Superbowl winner Doug Pederson: 

“Playing quarterback, watching a lot of teams, a lot of football,” he said. “You learn if you play passive, if you play conservative, if you call plays conservatively, you are going to be 8-8, 9-7 every year. Every year."

7 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The order in which these coaches are being interviewed, to me, is irrelevant.

It could simply be logistics

However, if Ballard's choice comes down to personality, then I give the nod to Campbell as well.

Yeah, Reich had to attend a little party in Philly today, so he had to push it to tomorrow.

1 hour ago, bluephantom87 said:

NOOOoooooo!!!!!! I'm hoping this is to satisfy the Rooney Rule because Frazier is a subpar clone of Tony Dungy just like Jim Caldwell. If you want mediocrity they should've just kept Chuck because Frazier AND Campbell don't move the needle. Too bad the spineless snake backed out the job and left the Colts in scramble mode but you can still fix this with Frank as hc. I love what the Eagles accomplished on offense plus he has ties to Indy. As a former nfl qb I think he could do wonders with Luck.

They satisfied the rooney rule back when they had their first round of interviews 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I’m sure we can find Vikings fans who will vehemently disagree. 

Even as as a non-Vikings fan I vehemently disagree. 

My dad is a lifelong Vikings fan and when I talked to him yesterday, he wasn't a fan.

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

O.K., I'll bite.

What's the knock?

He has a very passive personality like Dungy and Caldwell. Also, a history of conservative play call and decisons.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Forgot Frazier spent time in Indy

Alll 3 have NFL playing experience

I would not like to see a Dungy coaching tree person as our HC. Didn’t like that defense we had not the laid back attitude they brought. I like the idea of having an offensive minded coach in as well who also has an OC who can put together some quality plans and allow the HC to sign off on and tweak as the plan is formed. Having DC who can be independent and not require near the time that the OC would need is also great but I want this team to be offensively minded first and solid defense second. 

As a side thought and a piggy back thought of someone else, Peyton Manning would be someone you know has all the offensive mind one would ever need, can read defenses and perhaps develop weaknesses as well. Could he though be a guy who can be a leader of all areas of the team though is a solid question though. One thing you can guarantee, he won’t compromise on being your buddy vs playing time and being solid in your job. That I can be assured we would get from him. It’s all the little extras and intangibles that coaching brings and it’s a 100% unknown, which is why it’s not touched on. Plus does Manning really want that headache and stress in his post football career. It would certainly make for a great story, especially if it succeeded. 

I think Frazier would be a terrible, terrible hire.  He has never shown me anything as a head coach or a coordinator.  

Remember that a head coach is like a project manager. We need someone to set the tone for the program and let the coordinators run their units.  I am not sure about the three they have setup. Let's be honest that Frank Reich is only here because the Eagles won the Super Bowl with a really good team.  Two years ago when the Chargers let him go, nobody would have touched him.  So I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I would not like to see a Dungy coaching tree person as our HC. Didn’t like that defense we had not the laid back attitude they brought. I like the idea of having an offensive minded coach in as well who also has an OC who can put together some quality plans and allow the HC to sign off on and tweak as the plan is formed. Having DC who can be independent and not require near the time that the OC would need is also great but I want this team to be offensively minded first and solid defense second. 

As a side thought and a piggy back thought of someone else, Peyton Manning would be someone you know has all the offensive mind one would ever need, can read defenses and perhaps develop weaknesses as well. Could he though be a guy who can be a leader of all areas of the team though is a solid question though. One thing you can guarantee, he won’t compromise on being your buddy vs playing time and being solid in your job. That I can be assured we would get from him. It’s all the little extras and intangibles that coaching brings and it’s a 100% unknown, which is why it’s not touched on. Plus does Manning really want that headache and stress in his post football career. It would certainly make for a great story, especially if it succeeded. 

PM will never happen