Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible Trade with Arizona?

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

thats not enough, they would have to be bad next year for this to be a good trade for us

i would rather pick third now, instead of hope the cardinals are bad next year

Mehh...their 1st and 2nd are worth about about 1480 and a mid level 2019 1st would be in the 1000 range...about 2480 for a 2200 pick? Just hypothesizing.

10 hours ago, scooter4910 said:

Mehh...their 1st and 2nd are worth about about 1480 and a mid level 2019 1st would be in the 1000 range...about 2480 for a 2200 pick? Just hypothesizing.

it works on the charts except for the future pick issue

theres a chance they could be good next year, plus we should be over compensated if we have to wait a year to get a return 

If we're trying to go Defense, the best case scenario would be to trade down to either the Jets or Broncos, since we'd accumulate more picks and still get the player we may have wanted at 3 (Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Davenport etc).

Still too early to make a wager, but the only way I see Ballard trading out of the top 10 (and really, the top 6) is if the scouting crew doesn't really like any of the guys at the top of the board to take em that high.

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

the only way I see Ballard trading out of the top 10 (and really, the top 6) is if the scouting crew doesn't really like any of the guys at the top of the board to take em that high.

i dont see how that could happen, there are good players in this draft

teams further back just dont have the trade ammo to move up to #3

No, considering the amount of talent drop and loss from 3rd to 15th.  We lose out on a "generational" RB, a potential elite level pass rusher, a versatile SS/FS/DB in Fitzpatrick, and two of the best O Lineman in the draft, and possibly the best in any recent drafts.

5 hours ago, scooter4910 said:

Just thinking out loud.....

With Carson Palmer retiring and no good #2 on-hand, has anyone thought about AZ offering up their 2018 15th & 47th pick and a 2019 1st round to move up to #3? Not that it will happen but with all the scenarios out there I haven't seen this one.

Its an interesting proposal and you know Ballard is looking for opportunities to build through the draft but its a risk to put a lot of dependence on the poor performance of another team for next year.  Also picking 15th this year is a huge difference from even trading back to 6th/7th, which is what I think we will do and then take BPA.

I like the out of the box thinking though, always worth a discussion. :thmup:

i would take the trade.  Getting an additional 2nd round player and a 1st round player next year is better than the assumed drop in NFL talent from 3 to 15.  Might be able to get Roquan Smith at 15. 

2 years from now, I'd rather have my roster stocked with another first and second round player than the third and fourth rounders I'd have without it.

2 hours ago, neug3246 said:

I wouldn't mind a trade back at 3 to 6 or 7 like some people suggested then another trade back to maybe 15 with AZ. Load up on picks and get players. 

Now I would jump aboard with that.  

Trade down to 6th with the Jets and get their 6th pick, their 3rd rounder and their 1st next year.

Then trade with the Cardinals and get their 15th pick, their 2nd rounder and their 1st next year.

That would be awesome. 

Colts would have:

2018:  The 15th pick, Two 2nd round picks, two 3rd round picks

2019:  Three 1st round picks

Last year Venturi said there were about 7 true Red Chip / difference making talents.  I have not yet heard the # of those this year but I would not want to drop to a spot where the Colts may not get one of those projected elite level players.  

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Trade down to 6th with the Jets and get their 6th pick, their 3rd rounder and their 1st next year.

Then trade with the Cardinals and get their 15th pick, their 2nd rounder and their 1st next year.

That would be awesome. 

Colts would have:

oh my.  i would love 3 first rounders in 2019.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

That would be awesome. 

Colts would have:

Kevin Costner isn't involved in this draft.   :^)

1 hour ago, Myles said:

That would be awesome. 

Colts would have:

If they need a qb, then they need to trade to top 4. Anything lower won't give them what they need.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Kevin Costner isn't involved in this draft.   :^)

Just saw this movie again yesterday.  I'm still  wondering how the owner of the Browns got from NY back to Cleveland between the 1st pick and the 4th (or 5th)?  Man, that is one SMOKIN' jet he traveled on, haha.

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

If they need a qb, then they need to trade to top 4. Anything lower won't give them what they need.

Unless Mayfield is who they want.   Or maybe Fitz, Nelson, Chub or another.  

Just building on Scooters hypothetical situation.  

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

Unless Mayfield is who they want.   Or maybe Fitz, Nelson, Chub or another.  

Just building on Scooters hypothetical situation.  

True, I was stating in line with the OPs statement. Still, with that I wouldn't want th trade away because we need all those guys besides Mayfield. Which he might last to 15 already anyways. Projected anywhere from 13th to 28th

26 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

True, I was stating in line with the OPs statement. Still, with that I wouldn't want th trade away because we need all those guys besides Mayfield. Which he might last to 15 already anyways. Projected anywhere from 13th to 28th

True.    If Ballard traded down to 6th, it would be considered by most to be a good trade.  From there, if he got an offer from another team where he could secure another 1st rounder in 2019, it would be tough to pass it up.

What if he traded down to 6th and Buffalo offered their two 1st rounders this year (21 and 22)? 

35 minutes ago, Myles said:

True.    If Ballard traded down to 6th, it would be considered by most to be a good trade.  From there, if he got an offer from another team where he could secure another 1st rounder in 2019, it would be tough to pass it up.

What if he traded down to 6th and Buffalo offered their two 1st rounders this year (21 and 22)? 

Still no. I'm not passing up on those guys mentioned.

15 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Still no. I'm not passing up on those guys mentioned.

I would.   I think more 1st rounders is better.   Not putting all your eggs in one basket kind of thing.

There's no "right" answer, just fun to speculate.    

If Arizona doesnt get Cousins or any other free agent QBs, they will be really hurting to get a guy so I would try and fleece them since they would have to move all the way from pick 13 to pick 3. 

Something like their 1st, 2nd, 2019 1st, 2nd, and a player of theirs. Probably won't get Reddick, but possibly someone like Deone Buchanan, LB. 

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If Arizona doesnt get Cousins or any other free agent QBs, they will be really hurting to get a guy so I would try and fleece them since they would have to move all the way from pick 13 to pick 3. 

Something like their 1st, 2nd, 2019 1st, 2nd, and a player of theirs. Probably won't get Reddick, but possibly someone like Deone Buchanan, LB. 

I agree with the fleecing......and your probably right about Reddick.....but I guess I want to REALLY fleece em' lol.....or more seriously...their picks are not enough for me to even return their call if I am Ballard in comparison to what others could offer, so it does have to be a player of significance.......

3 hours ago, crunked said:

I agree with the fleecing......and your probably right about Reddick.....but I guess I want to REALLY fleece em' lol.....or more seriously...their picks are not enough for me to even return their call if I am Ballard in comparison to what others could offer, so it does have to be a player of significance.......

Deone Buccanon is a pretty good player for them who’s also young. Plus he’s an ascending LB which Ballard wants more of. Plus we’d be getting 3 additional high picks as well. 

If the Colts we're to trade out of the top 10 it sounds like the group consensus is that there are no worthwhile candidates there....seems kind of silly to me. With as many holes as we have, wouldn't it be reasonable to draft several good players instead of one great player and a bunch of average players later in the draft?

Walter Football has Roquan Smith, (LB, Georgia) at 13, Courtland Sutton, (WR, SMU) at 15 and Mike McGlinchey, (OT, Notre Dame) at 17 and he's highest ranked OT in the draft and these positions were all identified as areas of need.

On 1/30/2018 at 3:54 PM, Myles said:

That would be awesome. 

Colts would have:

Three 1st round picks on 2019 ? ... Imagine all the Trading Down we can do next year lol.

Trade back Washington Redskins 13th/3rd (2200-1150=1050)

Add 2nd Pick 45 (450 points)

Add 3rd Pick 77 (205 points)  

2019 2nd (~450 points)

13) ILB Roquan Smith

35) RB Sony Michel

45) OT Brian O’Neill

67) ILB Darius Leonard

77)  Edge/DE Jalyn Holmes

3 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Trade back Washington Redskins 13th/3rd (2200-1150=1050)

Add 2nd Pick 45 (450 points)

Add 3rd Pick 77 (205 points)  

2019 2nd (~450 points)

13) ILB Roquan Smith

35) RB Sony Michel

45) OT Brian O’Neill

67) ILB Darius Leonard

77)  Edge/DE Jalyn Holmes

I don't think Washington would want that.   They have a QB.