Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville (+7.5) at New England (1-21-18)

oldunclemark

8 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Umm doesn't every team benefit from calls against their opponent? That's a bogus "fact" you have there. The fact they are the least penalized couldn't be from great coaching or anything right? No No that's to obvious or straight forward of an answer it has be collusion and everyone staying quiet for 17 years. Grams that's tinfoil hat type crazy :)

Yes.every team benefits from penalties called against opponents.

Pats benefited 127 times according to your chart, as opposed to other teams that benefited 89 or 92 times.  Just pointing that out.  No tinfoil here.  Not needed.  And not a bogus fact...Just quoting the chart you supplied.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gramz said:

Yes.every team benefits from penalties called against opponents.

Pats benefited 127 times according to your chart, as opposed to other teams that benefited 89 or 92 times.  Just pointing that out.  No tinfoil here.  Not needed.  Just quoting the chart you supplied.

Still bogus fact. All that states is the pats get called for fewer penalties. SHOCKER a well coached team doesn't beat themselves.  I think that's why the Pats have sustained this for so long. The Patriots will rarely beat themselves, meanwhile other teams come into the Razor and puke all over themselves.

The Jags came in and got away with a lot of cheap shots threw out the game but because they got called on a handful people are like "OMG it so unfair" did you watch the game? Buoye could have been called 3 to 4 more times for PI and he wasn't. (Two off the top Hogan where he pulled him doennwaybearlier and Gronk when he piggy back rode him) The Jags should have been flagged for hitting a defenseless receiver and or leading with the helmet on the Burkhead hit. They also should have been flagged when White scored the TD and the guy power slammed him down way after the fact. The Jags lost because they were not as good, the refs gave them TONS of breaks! TONS! Also they are a dirty team thebilk of the Bengals.

10 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Why do teams always play conservative against the Pats in the second half? If Jags played like they did in the first half or played to win instead of not to lose, they would have won the game.

I think the Jags got scared they came out and drove for a FG but the next possession (I think Bortles got sacked at the 5 and the next time after the Patriots pulled within 3 he just got the ball away otherwise it's a safety) the fact is I think the Pats d took those easy throws away and forced him go after Butler and Gilmore and he just couldn't do it. 

49 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Show me the one penalty that wasn't obvious on the Jags. And before you say the first PI go back and look again he clearly pushed Cooks out of bounds.  Don't be like Jag Players and complain about 6 freaking calls against you! 3 had be called since they moved or failed to get the play off! 1 for a helmet to helmet their own COACH said was the right call! And 2 PI when really if they were trying to "rig" it their were a ton more they could have called on he Jags (4 more on the over rated Buoye who is only great because he gets away with PI)

Not even gonna argue with you all i do is get in trouble when you guy are here 

10 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I think the Jags got scared they came out and drove for a FG but the next possession (I think Bortles got sacked at the 5 and the next time after the Patriots pulled within 3 he just got the ball away otherwise it's a safety) the fact is I think the Pats d took those easy throws away and forced him go after Butler and Gilmore and he just couldn't do it. 

Yeah, but they also called bad run plays as well. Jags could have used Fournette better. Bortles isn't the QB to target those CBs.

44 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Still bogus fact. All that states is the pats get called for fewer penalties. SHOCKER a well coached team doesn't beat themselves.  I think that's why the Pats have sustained this for so long. The Patriots will rarely beat themselves, meanwhile other teams come into the Razor and puke all over themselves.

The Jags came in and got away with a lot of cheap shots threw out the game but because they got called on a handful people are like "OMG it so unfair" did you watch the game? Buoye could have been called 3 to 4 more times for PI and he wasn't. (Two off the top Hogan where he pulled him doennwaybearlier and Gronk when he piggy back rode him) The Jags should have been flagged for hitting a defenseless receiver and or leading with the helmet on the Burkhead hit. They also should have been flagged when White scored the TD and the guy power slammed him down way after the fact. The Jags lost because they were not as good, the refs gave them TONS of breaks! TONS! Also they are a dirty team thebilk of the Bengals.

And the Pats got away with a massive hold on the first down run play. MASSIVE!!!!!!!!&!!!!!!!!!

See I can use caps lock too. Doesn’t make my point any more or less impactful.

I think it says something that just about every team will agree that Pats get away with more calls, as that site corroborates.

I doubt it’s all just coaching as you’d like to think. We can all pick out examples. But go ahead and keep telling yourself that the NFL didn’t want a large market team in the Super Bowl (Boston) vs a small market team like Jax. Might impact their numbers and on an already down year for the league, wouldn’t want that (tinfoil hat off).

6 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

And the Pats got away with a massive hold on the first down run play. MASSIVE!!!!!!!!&!!!!!!!!!

I think it says something that just about every team will agree that Pats get away with more calls, as that site corroborates.

I doubt it’s all just coaching as you’d like to think. We can all pick out examples. But go ahead and keep telling yourself that the NFL didn’t want a large market team in the Super Bowl (Boston) vs a small market team like Jax. Might impact their numbers and on an already down year for the league, wouldn’t want that (tinfoil hat off).

How many holds ere called in the game? The Jags held all game on every single running play and heck on their last drive they did a take down of flowers but no call. 

Keep telling yourself it was rigged rigged even though the Jags got away with downright dirty plays.

Just now, JimJaime said:

How many holds ere called in the game? The Jags held all game on every single running play and heck on their last drive they did a take down of flowers but no call. 

Keep telling yourself it was rigged rigged even though the Jags got away with downright dirty plays.

I’ll keep saying it’s rigged rigged as long as Pats get the calls.

12 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yeah, but they also called bad run plays as well. Jags could have used Fournette better. Bortles isn't the QB to target those CBs.

I think Fournette injury hampered him in the second half. I could be wrong but he didn't seem right the entire half. That kids going be a beast. (Although I dispose the Jags D they are Bengals type dirty)

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

I’ll keep saying it’s rigged rigged as long as Pats get the calls.

Well that's sad. Maybe watch the game and see what is missed on BOTH sides and take off the hater glasses. The game was pretty much a free for all with few flags.

8 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I have a question for you. Can you in all honesty say that the Pats didn't get away with  any uncalled penalties?  

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

And the other reality is the Pats are among the top teams that benefited from calls against their opponents. They are the Masters at that.  Another fact from the same link you supplied. 

AMONG the the top teams?  How come we are not scrutinizing the officiating for the other teams at the top of the list like we do with the Pats?  Again, this goes back to the fact that people have a bias against the pats and are at a loss to explain their success.  As a result, those people have latched on to officiating this year....but their bias shows when they fail to point at/scrutinize the other teams which benefit most from penalties.

Yes, they are better coached & more disciplined than the vast majority of their opponents. 

The reality is that, as it should be, the refs did not take this game over as we have seen in other games.  IMO, this is the way it should be in a championship game.  At the same time, the refs are judged/graded by the NFL on every single play...which helps determine their status as a referee & also provides "merit" for working post-season games.  as a result, the refs have to call the obvious penalties.

From what I saw yesterday, that is exactly what the refs did.

Anyone, whether they watched the game or not, can say "Refs missed a lot of holding on the O-Line" ... and this excuse can be used for ANY NFL game.  Let's be more creative than this people!!

15 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I have a question for you. Can you in all honesty say that the Pats didn't get away with  any uncalled penalties?  

Every team gets away with uncalled penalties, but you know what? The refs let them play yesterday and I liked it. The Jags are a physical team that had their hands on our receivers all game long and they got away with it until it was so egregious that the refs were forced to throw the flag. Then they beat themselves and now want to blame the refs for it. Typical reaction from every team that comes into Gillette and loses. The Jags basically did to the Patriots receivers what the Patriots did to the Colts receivers in 2003, and all of a sudden we have Colts fans whining about the refs throwing flags for P.I.? Is this real life?

The simple fact is that the Patriots earned home field advantage, and sometimes the home team gets the borderline calls. It used to happen when teams went into Denver, it used to happen when teams went into Indianapolis...The Patriots are better than most at taking advantage of those situations, which then heightens the focus of it, and because the top teams garner more interest from fans who like the team and from fans that hate the team, there is always a larger reaction one way or the other, as we are seeing here.

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

Appreciate the fact that you are witnessing "greatness".  You'll probably never see anything like this (in the NFL) in your lifetime.  Chill & enjoy/respect it.  Ya-mon...

I've witnessed greatness...doesn't mean I enjoy it. Watched Jordan win 6 NBA championships in a row (with two season he didn't play in between and those were exciting!)....watched Lebron go to like 6 finals in a row...watched Roger Federer win like 25 championships and go to the finals like 15 years in a row in all 4 majors...watched Tiger with the Tiger slam watched Alabama win like 4 championships in like 6 years...watched the Yankees from 96-07 watched Jimmie Johnson win like 6 championships in a row...watched Usain Bolt win like every race he ran in for the last 12 years...and that's just the recent ones...been going on for a long time...it's nothing new...but doesn't mean I don't get sick of it. I may like Schindler's List but I don't want to watch that movie every year....it's down right depressing man. I respect the Pats and Brady more than anyone on this board...and appreciate what he does but doesn't mean I don't want the opportunity to watch someone else do something special. Enjoy it...I'm happy for you...but I doubt you will find too many on this board to revel in it with you...I suspect you are just here to gloat...enjoy....as with everything in this world...this too shall pass.

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I've witnessed greatness...doesn't mean I enjoy it. Watched Jordan win 6 NBA championships in a row (with two season he didn't play in between and those were exciting!)....watched Lebron go to like 6 finals in a row...watched Roger Federer win like 25 championships and go to the finals like 15 years in a row in all 4 majors...watched Tiger with the Tiger slam watched Alabama win like 4 championships in like 6 years...watched the Yankees from 96-07 watched Jimmie Johnson win like 6 championships in a row...watched Usain Bolt win like every race he ran in for the last 12 years...and that's just the recent ones...been going on for a long time...it's nothing new...but doesn't mean I don't get sick of it. I may like Schindler's List but I don't want to watch that movie every year....it's down right depressing man. I respect the Pats and Brady more than anyone on this board...and appreciate what he does but doesn't mean I don't want the opportunity to watch someone else do something special. Enjoy it...I'm happy for you...but I doubt you will find too many on this board to revel in it with you...I suspect you are just here to gloat...enjoy....as with everything in this world...this too shall pass.

Just curious, if you find no enjoyment in witnessing the great teams/individuals you have listed, then why do you make it a point to watch? 

Personally, if I get "no enjoyment" from some form of entertainment, then I refrain from watching/participating in it.

Just now, Reality Check said:

Just curious, if you find no enjoyment in witnessing the great teams/individuals you have listed, then why do you make it a point to watch? 

Personally, if I get "no enjoyment" from some form of entertainment, then I refrain from watching/participating in it.

And watch what.....Housewives of Beverly Hills with my wife?? I appreciate sports...greatness...but I very much enjoy the stories of players and teams and how they achieve their goals etc...I've seen Jordan, Brady, Manning, Tiger, Federer over and over...there is nothing left for me to witness...no magical moment no back story I haven't heard or seen them do before. To those with a vested interest.....specific fans of them I get it...but to someone that isn't....I much rather hear about some new people...getting to know them and their journey. I watch all sorts of sports...I watch premier league soccer, football, basketball, baseball, some hockey....anything live basically...but when sports ends up following almost a script or when the outcome no longer seems in doubt and the things happening aren't that special...yes...I may still follow but it loses its luster. Still I watch because it's better than the filth that is currently on tv...maybe I should get Netflix and find something on there to interest me but for now sports will always beat anything else on tv because of the reality of it. When I feel like I'm just watching the same ol show over and over...well you catch my drift.

5 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Lmgdao Favre! Ok he was GOOD and too 10 MAYBE.. but the man threw more INT than ANYONE else. I didn't see Unitas and I hate comparing different eras as he game is so different from 1970s to the 90's to today.. I have Manning and Brady as 1 and 1a. Brady is one of the most clutch QB in history! EVERY SB he gave his team the lead with 2 minutes or less to go. That's all he can do like others have said he can't make the D stop the other team. Manning IMO was hampered by poor drafting and coaching a lot of his career. The Colts IMO did him a disservice by drafting WR and TE instead of defensive studs to give him a D that could win games when he went up against tough ads as well. I think we saw Manning a few times elevate mediocre WR to very good WR. So WHY they drafter WR is odd, maybe O line so he didn't get killed.  What made Manning great is he succeed in spite of the shortcomings of the colts FA or drafting. (IMO) Brady had so much more success because of great coaching and team building. I mean outside of Moss, Brady has made every other WR look great because he is Brady.   So basically the two are very similar one was lucky have better coaching and GM (IMO)

as for your statement on GOAT, sorry but seeing as how anyone with eyes knows he is in the discussion what you said was just insulting and uninformed biase.

Nice try, but I said anybody who watched. Imagine Brady making this throw.

SimilarUniformChicken-max-1mb.gif

3 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Why do teams always play conservative against the Pats in the second half? If Jags played like they did in the first half or played to win instead of not to lose, they would have won the game.

It actually started at the end of the first half. The Pats got the TD to make it 14-10...Jags then got the ball back on their own 25 with 55 seconds left and all their timeouts....and they took a knee. 55 seconds with timeouts is an eternity. I would guess that Brady puts points up 90% of the time in that situation. I can't believe they forfeited that drive.

2 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Yes, the league that has taken two first-round draft picks away from the Patriots, and suspended their starting QB for a quarter of a season for what amounted to an equipment violation, is definitely in cahoots to try to help them win. 

You guys are all just way too smart for the rest of us. 

There is no Brady/Manning debate anymore. Outside of Indiana, that ended two years ago. 

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I couldn't have said this any better... watching Alabama win in OT was disgusting... Don't feel bad Patriots.. i watched highlights of the "tuck rule" game. I didn't care much for football then, i was 10. I'm 27 now and you're still going to the super bowl!! I'm tired of hearing about rings. I'm tired of hear Tom Brady's name. I'm tired of hearing dynasty. I'm tired of coach billicheck. I'm tired of Patriots fans owning the world.

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I couldn't have said this any better... watching Alabama win in OT was disgusting... Don't feel bad Patriots.. i watched highlights of the "tuck rule" game. I didn't care much for football then, i was 10. I'm 27 now and you're still going to the super bowl!! I'm tired of hearing about rings. I'm tired of hear Tom Brady's name. I'm tired of hearing dynasty. I'm tired of coach billicheck. I'm tired of Patriots fans owning the world.

So tired of it?....Then don't pay attention.  There are PLENTY of other things to do for a young person like yourself...

Go coach a youth team...or something like that!! :)

Is Gifsoup gone? Please say it ain't so! I had a ton of gifs there whose videos would have to be uploaded to the internet to ever be made again because they were from old games like that 1. I managed to find that 1 from whatever site it is that I'd made just trying it out. A few frames are missing if you can't tell. The WR was running to his left (Favre's right) as Favre ran left (the WRs right) and Favre put it in his bread basket 1 second before John Randle put Favre on his bread basket. There are good quarterbacks who can't make that throw. That's what mean by watching the game. 

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

Yes, the league that has taken two first-round draft picks away from the Patriots, and suspended their starting QB for a quarter of a season for what amounted to an equipment violation, is definitely in cahoots to try to help them win. 

You guys are all just way too smart for the rest of us. 

There is no Brady/Manning debate anymore. Outside of Indiana, that ended two years ago. 

Ok first off, glad you’re acknowledging that I’m smarter than you, it will make it easier.

Second, the league demanded action. And it wasn’t for the deflated footballs. It was because she was being deceptive. Had Tommy boy told the truth it would’ve been way less harsh.

And given the current state of affairs, Indiana is doing pretty well so I’ll take the words of my fellow Hoosiers over any coastal state, thanks.

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Nice try, but I said anybody who watched. Imagine Brady making this throw.

SimilarUniformChicken-max-1mb.gif

That some classic Favre...my dad was a Bears fan (there was no Colts obviously when he grew up) and I can still hear him groaning at the TV over the throws Favre would make. Yeah he made some bad ones...sure...but he made some of the greatest throws in NFL history for sure. It was a pleasure to watch him. I was recently listening to Hasselback on radio I think and he was commenting about how he didn't think that Rothlisburger was holding himself accountable when it came to Haley calling plays and deferring to the OC. He said when Favre didn't like the play calling or they would get on him for changing plays it was a sure sign he was about to throw a bad pick just to tick off the OC. Come over to the sideline and say see just let me run the offense. So funny but the more I think about it the more truth I think there is in it lol.

1 minute ago, George Peterson said:

The Pats get the calls because Bill Belichick is very consistent at teaching fundamentals.

Never attribute to conspiracy what can be adequately explained by a great coach doing his job.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

How many times can people state they believe the Pats get the calls before one starts to think they might be on to something? Is anyone that states that a “hater”?

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That some classic Favre...my dad was a Bears fan (there was no Colts obviously when he grew up) and I can still hear him groaning at the TV over the throws Favre would make. Yeah he made some bad ones...sure...but he made some of the greatest throws in NFL history for sure. It was a pleasure to watch him. I was recently listening to Hasselback on radio I think and he was commenting about how he didn't think that Rothlisburger was holding himself accountable when it came to Haley calling plays and deferring to the OC. He said when Favre didn't like the play calling or they would get on him for changing plays it was a sure sign he was about to throw a bad pick just to tick off the OC. Come over to the sideline and say see just let me run the offense. So funny but the more I think about it the more truth I think there is in it lol.

That’s what I enjoy about QBs that have a bit of spine to them. They may cost you games but at least they give you a good show.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

There was definitely some of both going on with Favre. If you remember the 6 INT playoff game the story was that after the INT on the first possession, followed by the first few Rams TDs, he flat out told Mike Sherman (who was worse than Mora or Schottenheimer ever was at sissy playcalling, he just had Favre to bail him out every now and then) that they weren't going to win the game throwing checkdowns. I don't think they were going to win the Giants game or the Saints game any other way either. That's why I'll even defend those throws to an extent.

20 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

How many times can people state they believe the Pats get the calls before one starts to think they might be on to something? Is anyone that states that a “hater”?

It boils down to. ..... there is just such a history there, that yeah now people look for it.  Myself included, and I can admit that.

I don't feel the least bit guilty or wrong for feeling the way I do, or seeing things the way I see them, or discussing it with like minded fans.

I also don't go to their boards to look  for trouble.  What good comes from that? :sigh:

It really rubs some people the wrong way when Pats fans, who don't Normally post, suddenly make themselves present here to boast or gloat, and then have the nerve to call us haters.  I know if the situation were reversed, it would not be tolerated on their Planet. :)

16 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Yes, because historically, the Patriots do NOT pick up stupid, pre-snap penalties (offsides, false starts, etc). Once in a great while... I would say at about half the clip of most teams. 

It also makes ZERO sense that the NFL would try to "help" the Patriots by having their refs call games in their favor, while hurting them on draft day, and with the ridiculous Brady suspension. The league does not want the Patriots to keep winning. They've built a system where teams are not SUPPOSED to do what the Patriots have done, and are doing. It's a system that penalizes you for being successful, and rewards you for being awful. They want parity so that fans in different markets are engaged. The Patriots create anti-parity. 

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

It boils down to. ..... there is just such a history there, that yeah now people look for it.  Myself included, and I can admit that.

I don't feel the least bit guilty or wrong for feeling the way I do, or seeing things the way I see them, or discussing it with like minded fans.

I also don't go to their boards to look  for trouble.  What good comes from that? :sigh:

In my years I’ve learned that when money is involved, never take coincidences at face value and to explore any option.

The fact they’re not saints when it comes to this stuff doesn’t help either.

And to your last point, those who go looking for trouble usually find it.