Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Jacksonville (+7.5) at New England (1-21-18)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, George Peterson said:

He completely cut him off.  The hand fighting rode Cooks out of bounds.  Bouye is entitled to his space, but he's not entitled to run a receiver off the road.  His entitlement to his space does not also entitle him to use body position to force a receiver to either run through him or run out of bounds, which is exactly what Bouye was doing on that play.

 

"the idea that no defender ever touches a receiver is just plain silly."

 

You're right.  Refs will let things go if it's a 50-50 thing, or it doesn't have a real effect on the play, or if they aren't sure of what they saw, or if they feel the defender is trying to stay within the spirit of the rules.  This was not a 50-50 play.  Bouye had both hands on Cooks and rode him out of bounds  not even 10 feet from an official where he had a perfect view of exactly what happened.  No referee in the entire NFL is going to keep his flag in his pocket if he sees that.

 

The closest thing you have to a point is that we've all seen worse PI let go by the officials.  Doesn't really have any bearing on this incident though, which is textbook PI. Bouye manhandled Cooks out of bounds and prevented him from getting to the ball. You can't do that legally in pro football and refs have the right to throw the flag whenever they see that behavior.

If you honestly think he cut him off then there is nothing else I can do for you as you’re living in one world and I in another.

 

And based on most people’s reaction to that I’d say it’s a pretty barren world for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

 

Because the Falcons had a 1st and 10 at the Pats 22 yard line up 8. All you do is run 3 times and make the Patriots burn their timeouts. At the worst it's around a 40 yard FG for a kicker who's largely been money. You go up 11 and make the Patriots score twice. And if the Patriots still pull it out, the offense wouldn't be blamed, it'd be the defense for allowing two scoring drives and the special teams for giving up an onside kick in between. Also if you go up 11 the Patriots would need a two point conversion on one of their drives to keep a tie in play, if they miss it they need another touchdown.

 

Instead the Falcons played like someone playing Madden for the first time and took themselves out of FG range.

 

Not only that but the prior drive where Ryan was strip-sacked on a 3rd and 1. If you run it and get it, you keep the drive alive and take time off the clock, and it's still a 16 point game. If you run and don't get it, you can at least punt it away and make the Patriots go the length of the field and not give them a short field on that fumble recovery.

 

Why am I reliving this again?

 

I wasn't specifically talking about that drive. It wasn't just that final drive. But thank you for blueprinting a basic football concept for me. haha  Also, while math is not my strongest suit, I'm good on basic addition. 

 

People thought Atlanta threw too much throughout the second half. The drive you're talking about was sort of the cherry on top. But the criticisms extended beyond that drive. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

I didn’t see anything in that article about Favre refusing to hand over his phone. I may have missed it but don’t see it.

 

And even if he did, the league can still punish a player differently for SIMILAR offenses (in Favres case he was not entirely candid) vs Brady’s being told they would like Brady’s lawyer to send over documents showing very specific information off of a phone (not asking for the phone itself) and Brady then destroying that phone. Apples to oranges.

 

I’m not going to rehash Brady needing to deflate footballs due to his weak hands. I do like however you trying to shift the topic.

 

40 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

You are really trying to compare someone personal sexting controversy to tampering with things to affect a football game? 

You don't see the difference there...really?

 

 

You (both) just unintentionally made my point. 

 

This came up because bomber said Brady's suspension was due to a failure to cooperate more than the actual question of PSI in footballs. His refusal to hand over his phone, and Favre's refusal, are comparable, yes. Favre did the same thing, albeit for a different type of investigation, and was fined $50,000 for it. Brady got suspended for a quarter of a season. 

 

And maybe I'm a lousy football fan, but I think sending lewd photos to a woman without her solicitation or consent is worse than tampering with footballs, yes. Real life things > football things. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

If you honestly think he cut him off then there is nothing else I can do for you as you’re living in one world and I in another.

 

And based on most people’s reaction to that I’d say it’s a pretty barren world for you.

 

Based on most people's reaction? :lol:

 

Most people who hate the Patriots say it started with Spygate, but everyone knows that's a load of bull... they were hated for their success long before any of these "scandals." All the "gates" just became reasons to justify the hatred. Even when they would go out and perform at the same level, or even better, after the "scandals" were over. 

 

Like any fans of any team, most of us Pats fans are homers. We can admit having some bias. What's really a riot though is how the rest of you pretend to be all objective when it comes to anything related to the Patriots. You're as quick to condemn as the homers are to resolve. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

 

 

You (both) just unintentionally made my point. 

 

This came up because bomber said Brady's suspension was due to a failure to cooperate more than the actual question of PSI in footballs. His refusal to hand over his phone, and Favre's refusal, are comparable, yes. Favre did the same thing, albeit for a different type of investigation, and was fined $50,000 for it. Brady got suspended for a quarter of a season. 

 

And maybe I'm a lousy football fan, but I think sending lewd photos to a woman without her solicitation or consent is worse than tampering with footballs, yes. Real life things > football things. 

 

 

 

No we both made the same point. They’re two different cases. Favre never refused to hand over his phone, despite what you said and now are avoiding addressing for some reason (at least per your article).

 

Favre didn’t cooperate fully. Brady was asked to have his lawyer send over documents detailing what was on his phone (not the phone itself despite what the mouth breathers claim), and like any normal person, had his phone destroyed.

 

No one ever said thy were the same.

 

And please stop virtue signaling. It might work for those weaker in the mind and constitution but despite what many claim about us in the Midwest, we are actually pretty moral people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 21, 2018 at 3:50 PM, oldunclemark said:

I'm trying to appreciate Dr. Pepper 's'The Sweet One'  commercials

 

What EXACTLY are they trying to say about those of us who like  Dr. Pepper??

Good question OUM. I like Dr. Pepper too, but those commercials are definitely off. I can't believe any soda pop company green lit that advertising campaign.

 

I get that Dr. Pepper was trying to appeal to say a younger demographic, but not like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

Based on most people's reaction? :lol:

 

Most people who hate the Patriots say it started with Spygate, but everyone knows that's a load of bull... they were hated for their success long before any of these "scandals." All the "gates" just became reasons to justify the hatred. Even when they would go out and perform at the same level, or even better, after the "scandals" were over. 

 

Like any fans of any team, most of us Pats fans are homers. We can admit having some bias. What's really a riot though is how the rest of you pretend to be all objective when it comes to anything related to the Patriots. You're as quick to condemn as the homers are to resolve. 

 

 

I’m not going to re-litigate every shady Patriot incident. I do t have that kind of time.

 

A simple twitter search will show that it’s not just Colts fans, it’s not just Jags fans, it’s actually pretty diversified in terms of the number of teams’ fan bases that hold similar sentiments.

 

Where did I say I was objective? Please show me where I said I hold no bias? You come into a Colts message board and are shocked to the point you engage in a three day debate because a Colts fan isn’t bowing down to the almighty Patriots. If you honestly expected anything different than I would suggest placing locks on your chemicals cabinet and switching to non-toxic glue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

No we both made the same point. They’re two different cases. Favre never refused to hand over his phone, despite what you said and now are avoiding addressing for some reason (at least per your article).

 

Favre didn’t cooperate fully. Brady was asked to have his lawyer send over documents detailing what was on his phone (not the phone itself despite what the mouth breathers claim), and like any normal person, had his phone destroyed.

 

No one ever said thy were the same.

 

And please stop virtue signaling. It might work for those weaker in the mind and constitution but despite what many claim about us in the Midwest, we are actually pretty moral people. 

 

Semantics. "Failure to fully cooperate" and "impeding investigators" for what would be a criminal matter, and it was a $50K fine. We don't know if Favre gave up his phone or not. And the league certainly didn't spend millions in legal fees to investigate it. 

 

I didn't suggest anything about the Midwest, or the people who live there. I was asked a question and responded to it. Not sure why you'd think I was "virtue signaling," but please don't put words in my mouth... especially not words like that. I'd never paint an entire region of people with the same brush, just because of their football rooting interests. I wish everyone could say the same but I've been accused of some pretty vile stuff just for being a Patriots fan. haha

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

You come into a Colts message board and are shocked to the point you engage in a three day debate because If you honestly expected anything different than I would suggest placing locks on your chemicals cabinet and switching to non-toxic glue.

 

Haha, nice... 

 

Image result for looks like i picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoPats said:

 

Semantics. "Failure to fully cooperate" and "impeding investigators" for what would be a criminal matter, and it was a $50K fine. We don't know if Favre gave up his phone or not. And the league certainly didn't spend millions in legal fees to investigate it. 

 

I didn't suggest anything about the Midwest, or the people who live there. I was asked a question and responded to it. Not sure why you'd think I was "virtue signaling," but please don't put words in my mouth... especially not words like that. I'd never paint an entire region of people with the same brush, just because of their football rooting interests. I wish everyone could say the same but I've been accused of some pretty vile stuff just for being a Patriots fan. haha

 

 

 

 

If by semantics you mean there are varying degrees of which people can break rules then yes, semantics. 

 

You very clearly stated Favre refused to turn over his phone if I recall correctly. Now you say we don’t know if he did or didn’t. Which is it?

 

Where did I say you believed that about Midwesterners? I was simply pointing out that there is at times a belief that those from the heartland are not as well educated as other areas. If you don’t follow that point of view then good on you. There is hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

You are really trying to compare someone personal sexting controversy to tampering with things to affect a football game? 

You don't see the difference there...really?

Considering that there's still no actual evidence that anyone tampered with any footballs at all in the 2014 AFCCG, and there's a sound scientific explanation readily available why the allegations in the Wells report was so much hot air (I could use a less charitable term than "hot air" here, but this forum is clearly trying for a family friendly feeling) I might turn that question around on you.

 

Using a story that has been discredited by every single individual in America who has ever picked up a physics textbook?  That's where you're going with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, George Peterson said:

Considering that there's still no actual evidence that anyone tampered with any footballs at all in the 2014 AFCCG, and there's a sound scientific explanation readily available why the allegations in the Wells report was so much hot air (I could use a less charitable term than "hot air" here, but this forum is clearly trying for a family friendly feeling) I might turn that question around on you.

 

Using a story that has been discredited by every single individual in America who has ever picked up a physics textbook?  That's where you're going with that?

Seriously? Your entire post has nothing at all to do with what that person said. They asked a legitimate question and you wanna completely twist the comment around to re-litigate this entire thing for what must be the 267th time? 

 

Come on. Do better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

No we both made the same point. They’re two different cases. Favre never refused to hand over his phone, despite what you said and now are avoiding addressing for some reason (at least per your article).

 

Favre didn’t cooperate fully. Brady was asked to have his lawyer send over documents detailing what was on his phone (not the phone itself despite what the mouth breathers claim), and like any normal person, had his phone destroyed.

 

No one ever said thy were the same.

 

And please stop virtue signaling. It might work for those weaker in the mind and constitution but despite what many claim about us in the Midwest, we are actually pretty moral people. 

God this crap again.. sigh..

 

first Favre refused to hand over his PERSONAL phone and was fined 50k for non cooperation.

 

Brady provided said documents, and my proof was the leaked personal text saying "Peyton Manning will be done in 2 years" if he had not cooperated and provided texts etc, how did the NFL get that one and it "leaked".  I think it's hillarious people stick to deflategate like it was an actual investigation! It was a witch hunt to try make up for SpyGate.  I mean how you can say any investigation holds any weight when the company they used is the ONLY one of like what 10 who said that balls couldn't have been deflated by natural causes.  BUT more importantly the Commish lied in his appeal decision, again PROVEN by the transcripts released. 

 

Fact is deflategate was made up and ran with. BY a petty NFL.  As for the phone, neithe rFarve OR Brady have any reason to give the NFL anything off their personal phone just like you and I don't with our employer.  The courts pretty much ruled that the Commish can suspend anyone  for any reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

God this crap again.. sigh..

 

first Favre refused to hand over his PERSONAL phone and was fined 50k for non cooperation.

 

Brady provided said documents, and my proof was the leaked personal text saying "Peyton Manning will be done in 2 years" if he had not cooperated and provided texts etc, how did the NFL get that one and it "leaked".  I think it's hillarious people stick to deflategate like it was an actual investigation! It was a witch hunt to try make up for SpyGate.  I mean how you can say any investigation holds any weight when the company they used is the ONLY one of like what 10 who said that balls couldn't have been deflated by natural causes.  BUT more importantly the Commish lied in his appeal decision, again PROVEN by the transcripts released. 

 

Fact is deflategate was made up and ran with. BY a petty NFL.  As for the phone, neithe rFarve OR Brady have any reason to give the NFL anything off their personal phone just like you and I don't with our employer.  The courts pretty much ruled that the Commish can suspend anyone  for any reason.

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5965863

 

The above link says nothing about Favre refusing to hand over his phone.

 

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/wells-says-he-told-brady-you-keep-phone

 

The above link states Wells never wanted to take Brady’s phone, only have documents pertaining to he investigation from his phone sent to him.

 

Please provide proof to counter these two points (the only points pertaining to the original argument). If not then this argument is over as I don’t have the desire to continue this further.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GoPats said:

 

I wasn't specifically talking about that drive. It wasn't just that final drive. But thank you for blueprinting a basic football concept for me. haha  Also, while math is not my strongest suit, I'm good on basic addition. 

 

People thought Atlanta threw too much throughout the second half. The drive you're talking about was sort of the cherry on top. But the criticisms extended beyond that drive. 

 

 

 

I had also mentioned the drive before that where Ryan got strip sacked on 3rd and 1 and gave the Patriots the ball on the Falcons 30.

 

There was also that drive after the first Patriots TD where the Falcons recovered that onside kick and pretty much started out at the Patriots 40 (Patriots were flagged for touching it too early). I know a holding penalty was involved but the Falcons somehow didn't get any points out of that drive either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5965863

 

The above link says nothing about Favre refusing to hand over his phone.

 

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/wells-says-he-told-brady-you-keep-phone

 

The above link states Wells never wanted to take Brady’s phone, only have documents pertaining to he investigation from his phone sent to him.

 

Please provide proof to counter these two points (the only points pertaining to the original argument). If not then this argument is over as I don’t have the desire to continue this further.

 

Look up the transcripts of the appeal. It clearly shows it in there he provided everything off his phone. Amazingly you completely IGNORED the fact of that leaked text off Brady's phone. If they didn't have access to said phone how did they get said text?

 

its amazing read the transcripts of the appeal and SEE the truth, SEE that the Commish lied in his decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will never know the truth about Deflategate unless the ball boys speak up under oath and say it happened or it didn't. I do find it hard to believe the league would just make that scandal up to try and derail the Patriots. Tom Brady along with Peyton Manning were the 2 huge faces of the NFL while this was going on. I doubt the NFL would want to smear Tom Brady's name for no reason. Just not buying that as that would make the league look bad smearing 1 of the 2 biggest names in the game. That would be like the NBA making something up to get LeBron in trouble - It would never happen. Also Brady had to know the balls were smallish?? Troy Aikman even said in an interview he could tell if a ball wasn't right at times before games started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Look up the transcripts of the appeal. It clearly shows it in there he provided everything off his phone. Amazingly you completely IGNORED the fact of that leaked text off Brady's phone. If they didn't have access to said phone how did they get said text?

 

its amazing read the transcripts of the appeal and SEE the truth, SEE that the Commish lied in his decision. 

They got it from an email exchange between Brady and Kevin Brady as part of Brady’s appeal process, after the initial refusal and punishment. This took five minutes on google. It’s not that hard.

 

And since you didn’t provide any proof about Favre refusing to turn in his phone, something you claim but have offered no proof, I can only assume you couldn’t find any.

 

And since you didn’t offer any actual cited evidence (in the form of any credible story stating Brady actually handing over data from his phone in document form) I can only assume you couldn’t find any.

 

Therefore, as previously stated I am done with this particular post.

 

Feel free to get in the last word if that helps you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will never know the truth about Deflategate unless the ball boys speak up under oath and say it happened or it didn't. I do find it hard to believe the league would just make that scandal up to try and derail the Patriots. Tom Brady along with Peyton Manning were the 2 huge faces of the NFL while this was going on. I doubt the NFL would want to smear Tom Brady's name for no reason. Just not buying that as that would make the league look bad smearing 1 of the 2 biggest names in the game. That would be like the NBA making something up to get LeBron in trouble - It would never happen. Also Brady had to know the balls were smallish?? Troy Aikman even said in an interview he could tell if a ball wasn't right at times before games started.

The only evidence we have of PSI difference is the AFC Championship game, and Troy Aikman was speaking when the FALSE report was out that all the balls were 2 psi lower when in fact the only one that was that low was the one INT by the Colts.  The rest were .001 to .05 lower not enough for Brady or anyone else to notice.

 

As for the NFL wanting to do this, it may not sound logical but these are the Same People who didn't know about the ideal gas law and that the temp could effect the balls. The proof it was a witch hunt. 1. Hiring a lab that is KNOWN for getting results their clients want. (Most famously releasing a report saying second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer) 2. Allowing a false report on PSI to stay out there for months without correcting it allowing the public to solidify their opinion on false info. 3. Goodwill Lying in his appeal decision, which is proven by reading the transcripts which the NFL wanted sealed. 4. Even if said deflation happened, similar infractions were not even punished meanwhile they give the Patriots the largest fine and loss of draft picks ever and suspend Brady with NO EVIDENCE. (Even though their own report stated BB and the Patriots were unaware and that Brady was more likely than not.)

 

that said aid I believe the ball boys were up to no good but there was no evidence and only the NFL punishes with no evidence. Hell they did it to Big Ben and Elliot.hell Elliot had proof of innocence and he still got 6 games! Deflategate should scare every fan as it showed the abuse of power by the commissioner and that he can do it to anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

The only evidence we have of PSI difference is the AFC Championship game, and Troy Aikman was speaking when the FALSE report was out that all the balls were 2 psi lower when in fact the only one that was that low was the one INT by the Colts.  The rest were .001 to .05 lower not enough for Brady or anyone else to notice.

 

As for the NFL wanting to do this, it may not sound logical but these are the Same People who didn't know about the ideal gas law and that the temp could effect the balls. The proof it was a witch hunt. 1. Hiring a lab that is KNOWN for getting results their clients want. (Most famously releasing a report saying second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer) 2. Allowing a false report on PSI to stay out there for months without correcting it allowing the public to solidify their opinion on false info. 3. Goodwill Lying in his appeal decision, which is proven by reading the transcripts which the NFL wanted sealed. 4. Even if said deflation happened, similar infractions were not even punished meanwhile they give the Patriots the largest fine and loss of draft picks ever and suspend Brady with NO EVIDENCE. (Even though their own report stated BB and the Patriots were unaware and that Brady was more likely than not.)

 

that said aid I believe the ball boys were up to no good but there was no evidence and only the NFL punishes with no evidence. Hell they did it to Big Ben and Elliot.hell Elliot had proof of innocence and he still got 6 games! Deflategate should scare every fan as it showed the abuse of power by the commissioner and that he can do it to anyone.

I am not a fan of Goodell by no means and think some of his punishments on things are a bit ridiculous without someone being proven guilty.  Most people think Deflategate is a joke, it could be but then again there may be something to it? Like many have said, what got Tom in trouble the most was not cooperating with an investigation after the situation came out. Do I think you guys would've beat us anyway, yeah I do, probably could've used beach balls and it wouldn't of mattered lmao. Having said that I am just not sold on Tom didn't know what was going on either which is an integrity issue. Maybe he didn't and it was the outdoor temps that caused this more than anything but I am just not 100% sold on it. I would feel the same way if it were Peyton Manning being accused of this or if Peyton didn't cooperate with an investigation, so it's not even a Tommy thing with me. When the HGH situation came out about Peyton, Peyton jumped on it quickly and cooperated with the league and that was that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

The only evidence we have of PSI difference is the AFC Championship game, and Troy Aikman was speaking when the FALSE report was out that all the balls were 2 psi lower when in fact the only one that was that low was the one INT by the Colts.  The rest were .001 to .05 lower not enough for Brady or anyone else to notice.

 

As for the NFL wanting to do this, it may not sound logical but these are the Same People who didn't know about the ideal gas law and that the temp could effect the balls. The proof it was a witch hunt. 1. Hiring a lab that is KNOWN for getting results their clients want. (Most famously releasing a report saying second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer) 2. Allowing a false report on PSI to stay out there for months without correcting it allowing the public to solidify their opinion on false info. 3. Goodwill Lying in his appeal decision, which is proven by reading the transcripts which the NFL wanted sealed. 4. Even if said deflation happened, similar infractions were not even punished meanwhile they give the Patriots the largest fine and loss of draft picks ever and suspend Brady with NO EVIDENCE. (Even though their own report stated BB and the Patriots were unaware and that Brady was more likely than not.)

 

that said aid I believe the ball boys were up to no good but there was no evidence and only the NFL punishes with no evidence. Hell they did it to Big Ben and Elliot.hell Elliot had proof of innocence and he still got 6 games! Deflategate should scare every fan as it showed the abuse of power by the commissioner and that he can do it to anyone.

Brady didn't get suspended for air or lack of air in footballs. He got suspended for not cooperating. I don't need to write a long winded comment to explain that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brady didn't get suspended for air or lack of air in footballs. He got suspended for not cooperating. I don't need to write a long winded comment to explain that.

See my Post above :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brady didn't get suspended for air or lack of air in footballs. He got suspended for not cooperating. I don't need to write a long winded comment to explain that.

No he got suspended because Goodell can do it to anyone for absolutely no reason even if he lies in his findings thanks to the CBA.  

 

 

And my long winded response before was why I consider Deflategate a witch hunt. :)

 

on that lets let this damn dead horse Rest In Peace.  It's over we all have our opinions, I stated mine I feel pretty well.  So time move on :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not a fan of Goodell by no means and think some of his punishments on things are a bit ridiculous without someone being proven guilty.  Most people think Deflategate is a joke, it could be but then again there may be something to it? Like many have said, what got Tom in trouble the most was not cooperating with an investigation after the situation came out. Do I think you guys would've beat us anyway, yeah I do, probably could've used beach balls and it wouldn't of mattered lmao. Having said that I am just not sold on Tom didn't know what was going on either which is an integrity issue. Maybe he didn't and it was the outdoor temps that caused this more than anything but I am just not 100% sold on it. I would feel the same way if it were Peyton Manning being accused of this or if Peyton didn't cooperate with an investigation, so it's not even a Tommy thing with me. When the HGH situation came out about Peyton, Peyton jumped on it quickly and cooperated with the league and that was that.

Lol well he played better with properly inflated balls. The Colts should have kept their mouths shut the game might have been more entertaining after halftime Lol.

 

asfor not fully cooperating that's what happens when you listen to your agent and don't get a lawyer right away. As soon as he got a lawyer they gave everything over to the NFL.(that's in the transcripts) he also stated he probably talked to the equipment guy regarding deflategate. These two faces are important to me because Goodell lied and said he did neither this he is suspended.(which was the bases for the original court to put his decision aside.)  

 

the long and short of this all is Goodell has to much power and he has used it inappropriately more than once, and the man was rewarded with a contract extension. The next CBA aid going to be ugly as the players will fight to strip him of his power and they should. Any appeal should ALWAYS be heard by a neutral third party not the man who hands down the suspension

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Lol well he played better with properly inflated balls. The Colts should have kept their mouths shut the game might have been more entertaining after halftime Lol.

 

asfor not fully cooperating that's what happens when you listen to your agent and don't get a lawyer right away. As soon as he got a lawyer they gave everything over to the NFL.(that's in the transcripts) he also stated he probably talked to the equipment guy regarding deflategate. These two faces are important to me because Goodell lied and said he did neither this he is suspended.(which was the bases for the original court to put his decision aside.)  

 

the long and short of this all is Goodell has to much power and he has used it inappropriately more than once, and the man was rewarded with a contract extension. The next CBA aid going to be ugly as the players will fight to strip him of his power and they should. Any appeal should ALWAYS be heard by a neutral third party not the man who hands down the suspension

 

Of course going by scoring per Half it would say the Pats played better when the Footballs were normal. Having said that, it's easy to play with a 10 point lead at home, Pats could play loose at that point. Colts had to play perfect in the 2nd Half to even have a chance at that point. Once it got to 24-7 the Colts basically quit and the game was over by what I was watching. Whose to say the Pats are up 10 at Half with normal balls? Which is a legit point. I think if the Colts had the lead at Half or even if it was 7-7, the game would've been much like the Jags game was this past Sunday. Colts were toast at halftime IMO. Down 10 at Foxboro lmao, crap was over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's time to blow a hole in this whole narrative about a deliberate attempt to aid the patriots (via the officiating).....

 

Here are the FACTS:

 

1. In the Patriots last 34 playoff games, the Patriots have 2 fewer penalties than their opponents (166-164)

2. In the same 34 playoff games, The Patriots have had 122 MORE penalty yards called against them than their opponents.

 

I am curious to hear from some of the skeptics upon hearing these new FACTS?....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

It's time to blow a hole in this whole narrative about a deliberate attempt to aid the patriots (via the officiating).....

 

Here are the FACTS:

 

1. In the Patriots last 34 playoff games, the Patriots have 2 fewer penalties than their opponents (166-164)

2. In the same 34 playoff games, The Patriots have had 122 MORE penalty yards called against them than their opponents.

 

I am curious to hear from some of the skeptics upon hearing these new FACTS?....

Oh my dear lord why are you bringing this up AGAIN?! We had a truce! 

DB07E7DC-E171-4C37-93E1-D20CB557C3B8.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 12:29 PM, bluebombers87 said:

Where did I say you believed that about Midwesterners? I was simply pointing out that there is at times a belief that those from the heartland are not as well educated as other areas. If you don’t follow that point of view then good on you. There is hope.

 

Let's skip the football stuff since that's going nowhere, lol...

 

Every experience I've ever had with a midwesterner was positive. I was once in Vincennes for a few days for a fraternity thing while I was in college, and it was July (so it was hot as hell) and there was a LOT of corn, but... good people. haha :thmup:

 

Please know that while I like a good discussion on this board, I'd be the first guy to buy you a beer (or a ginger-ale, if you're not a drinker) if we were having it at a bar. So, no harm intended, and at the end of the day, we're all people first, football fans second. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When the HGH situation came out about Peyton, Peyton jumped on it quickly and cooperated with the league and that was that.

 

If Brady had been at the center of that instead of Manning, you have to admit, most fans outside of NE would have been all over it. The HGH delivered to his wife, the goons claiming to be police who showed up at the house of the source of the story... OMG, you guys would have had Brady tried, convicted, and sentenced before hearing a single additional word about it! :lol:

 

Only point here is that people believe what they want to believe. Most Colts fans still think Marvin Harrison is a wonderful guy. haha

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

Let's skip the football stuff since that's going nowhere, lol...

 

Every experience I've ever had with a midwesterner was positive. I was once in Vincennes for a few days for a fraternity thing while I was in college, and it was July (so it was hot as hell) and there was a LOT of corn, but... good people. haha :thmup:

 

Please know that while I like a good discussion on this board, I'd be the first guy to buy you a beer (or a ginger-ale, if you're not a drinker) if we were having it at a bar. So, no harm intended, and at the end of the day, we're all people first, football fans second. 

 

Agreed. Well said.

 

Did you at least have any sweet corn or roasted corn? When you’re surrounded by thousands of acres of the stuff you gotta get creative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed. Well said.

 

Did you at least have any sweet corn or roasted corn? When you’re surrounded by thousands of acres of the stuff you gotta get creative.

 

LOL I honestly don't remember, it was probably 1993? But I do remember great hospitality and very welcoming folks. I'm probably a little atypical for a New Englander (I'm from rural NH originally) but I remember the trip fondly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

 

Only point here is that people believe what they want to believe. Most Colts fans still think Marvin Harrison is a wonderful guy. haha

 

 

Yes we do..... (believe what we want)  it's our prerogative. .  

 

Oh, and Marvin  is a wonderful guy. :):hat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course going by scoring per Half it would say the Pats played better when the Footballs were normal. Having said that, it's easy to play with a 10 point lead at home, Pats could play loose at that point. Colts had to play perfect in the 2nd Half to even have a chance at that point. Once it got to 24-7 the Colts basically quit and the game was over by what I was watching. Whose to say the Pats are up 10 at Half with normal balls? Which is a legit point. I think if the Colts had the lead at Half or even if it was 7-7, the game would've been much like the Jags game was this past Sunday. Colts were toast at halftime IMO. Down 10 at Foxboro lmao, crap was over.

You do know I was being tongue and cheek with the whole keep quiet thing right? Lol  that was so not a serious part of the post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoPats said:

 

If Brady had been at the center of that instead of Manning, you have to admit, most fans outside of NE would have been all over it. The HGH delivered to his wife, the goons claiming to be police who showed up at the house of the source of the story... OMG, you guys would have had Brady tried, convicted, and sentenced before hearing a single additional word about it! :lol:

 

Only point here is that people believe what they want to believe. Most Colts fans still think Marvin Harrison is a wonderful guy. haha

 

 

That HGH thing was a joke I mean wasn't it AL Jazeera America or something like that "broke" the story?  But you forget Manning was Luke to Brady Vader. Lol

 

funny thing is football is fun and Colt fans are one of the few you can discuss things with without name calling happening almost instantly. I may disagree with them but they know their stuff and. Raises I want McD do well here.. just not when they face NE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Lol well he played better with properly inflated balls. The Colts should have kept their mouths shut the game might have been more entertaining after halftime Lol.

 

asfor not fully cooperating that's what happens when you listen to your agent and don't get a lawyer right away. As soon as he got a lawyer they gave everything over to the NFL.(that's in the transcripts) he also stated he probably talked to the equipment guy regarding deflategate. These two faces are important to me because Goodell lied and said he did neither this he is suspended.(which was the bases for the original court to put his decision aside.)  

 

the long and short of this all is Goodell has to much power and he has used it inappropriately more than once, and the man was rewarded with a contract extension. The next CBA aid going to be ugly as the players will fight to strip him of his power and they should. Any appeal should ALWAYS be heard by a neutral third party not the man who hands down the suspension

 

What you don't seem to understand is Goodell is the highly paid face of the owners. He only has the power the owners give him. They pay him millions of dollars to take the heat from fans like you who want someone to blame. He makes no decisions without majority ownership approval. He does exactly as he is told. If he didn't he would be fired real quick.

The thing you also have to understand is the owners have the money. They are the ones who hold the cards. What are the players going to do if you think they have the power over the owners the next CBA meetings?  Most of them have themselves over spent and cant afford a strike. The owners have the money to outlast any of the players. The owners right now have enough money it wouldn't break them if the NFL went away all together. The power is with those who have the most money. It always been that way and it's not changing anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What you don't seem to understand is Goodell is the highly paid face of the owners. He only has the power the owners give him. They pay him millions of dollars to take the heat from fans like you who want someone to blame. He makes no decisions without majority ownership approval. He does exactly as he is told. If he didn't he would be fired real quick.

The thing you also have to understand is the owners have the money. They are the ones who hold the cards. What are the players going to do if you think they have the power over the owners the next CBA meetings?  Most of them have themselves over spent and cant afford a strike. The owners have the money to outlast any of the players. The owners right now have enough money it wouldn't break them if the NFL went away all together. The power is with those who have the most money. It always been that way and it's not changing anytime soon.

Actually the CBA gives him his power NOT the owners. They are completely tied to that agreement. they also know he is a boob but they are billionaires and they know they can use this boob as a bargaining chip in the next CBA. Which will get ugly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

Actually the CBA gives him his power NOT the owners. They are completely tied to that agreement. they also know he is a boob but they are billionaires and they know they can use this boob as a bargaining chip in the next CBA. Which will get ugly

If you think Goodell is a boob then you have fallen into the mentality exactly as the owners want you to.

I have some news for you. Goodell is a very smart man. He gets paid and is groomed to be exactly what you call him. If you think Goodell runs the NFL I have a few lots on the moon for sale I will let go cheap. Are you interested? lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GoPats said:

 

If Brady had been at the center of that instead of Manning, you have to admit, most fans outside of NE would have been all over it. The HGH delivered to his wife, the goons claiming to be police who showed up at the house of the source of the story... OMG, you guys would have had Brady tried, convicted, and sentenced before hearing a single additional word about it! :lol:

 

Only point here is that people believe what they want to believe. Most Colts fans still think Marvin Harrison is a wonderful guy. haha

 

 

Hey now I love Marv :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

You do know I was being tongue and cheek with the whole keep quiet thing right? Lol  that was so not a serious part of the post 

I know and the whole story blew me away when it came out. I was one that thought 4 games was too excessive. I posted that in here many times. I thought a 50,000 fine and 1 game would've been proper. A fine really isn't much of a punishment when we are talking millionaires though, 50,000 dollars to Tom Brady is like 50 dollars to an average person. So I figured 1 game would be some sort of punishment to get a point across, if there was cheating it cant go on + not cooperating with the league right away cant go on either. There were many people in here wanting half a season lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...