Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville (+7.5) at New England (1-21-18)

oldunclemark

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

I agree those 3 are amazing. I remember watching Montana as a kid and he seemed so mobile to me and made every throw.. I also think Manning gets more rings if he had BB as a coach which is why I think him and Brady are equally great. I find Brady more clutch, but I'm a pats fan so I am biased and I didn't see half as many Manning games as I have Brady

Elway was amazing as well, he won only won 2 SB's like Manning but had many Great moments. It's funny I say only win 2 SB's because only 11 QB's have done that but Brady is working on #6. Hard to believe Marino never won at least 1.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MariGOATa said:

Brady isnt better than Manning because of rings. He’s better because he plays the position better in cruicial times than Manning ever did.

O yeah...Manning wasn't clutch at all. For your information he picked off Rex Grossman in the SB just like Brady did Wilson.

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

O yeah...Manning wasn't clutch at all. For your information he picked off Rex Grossman in the SB just like Brady did Wilson.

Actually when I do my lists I don't bring up Favre enough. Favre was sensational at times and he did win a SB, won 3 League MVP's in a row as well. He is in my Top 10 too.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually when I do my lists I don't bring up Favre enough. Favre was sensational at times and he did win a SB, won 3 League MVP's in a row as well. He is in my Top 10 too.

And he held Barry Sanders to -1 yards in the 93 playoff game!

But seriously like it or not, anybody who actually watched the games rather than just added up the end results will tell you many guys are better than Brady, including guys with less rings. I still have Favre, Manning and Unitas, with cases for the GOAT. I mean the plays those guys made, the defenses they burned, the shots they took to the jaw. Do you realize throwing the ball away was illegal when 2 of those guys started? Yeah, that rule not to mention the ones that are more remembered in the passerfriendly era.

6 hours ago, Derakynn said:

1. There is no Pats rivalry. That has been dead for years. So I really don't have any strong feelings either way.

2. I hate it when bad QBs win and then get all the credit and people start talking about them like they are elite. See: Flacco. I also just don't like Bortles.

Nobody called flacco elite, and the rivalry is still there for most.

8 hours ago, MariGOATa said:

Colts fans are delusional when they try to compare Manning to Brady.

fact: Manning was a great seasonal QB of all time. But he was always a choker in the playoffs. He has never won a SB because of his play, even that 2006 Colts team had a great defense in the playoffs. They had a bad regular season defensivly but they picked up their play in the playoffs.

brady will always be the better QB and it isnt even close.

9 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

But seriously like it or not, anybody who actually watched the games rather than just added up the end results will tell you many guys are better than Brady, including guys with less rings. I still have Favre, Manning and Unitas, with cases for the GOAT. I mean the plays those guys made, the defenses they burned, the shots they took to the jaw. Do you realize throwing the ball away was illegal when 2 of those guys started? Yeah, that rule not to mention the ones that are more remembered in the passerfriendly era.

Lmgdao Favre! Ok he was GOOD and too 10 MAYBE.. but the man threw more INT than ANYONE else. I didn't see Unitas and I hate comparing different eras as he game is so different from 1970s to the 90's to today.. I have Manning and Brady as 1 and 1a. Brady is one of the most clutch QB in history! EVERY SB he gave his team the lead with 2 minutes or less to go. That's all he can do like others have said he can't make the D stop the other team. Manning IMO was hampered by poor drafting and coaching a lot of his career. The Colts IMO did him a disservice by drafting WR and TE instead of defensive studs to give him a D that could win games when he went up against tough ads as well. I think we saw Manning a few times elevate mediocre WR to very good WR. So WHY they drafter WR is odd, maybe O line so he didn't get killed.  What made Manning great is he succeed in spite of the shortcomings of the colts FA or drafting. (IMO) Brady had so much more success because of great coaching and team building. I mean outside of Moss, Brady has made every other WR look great because he is Brady.   So basically the two are very similar one was lucky have better coaching and GM (IMO)

as for your statement on GOAT, sorry but seeing as how anyone with eyes knows he is in the discussion what you said was just insulting and uninformed biase.

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

It is truly amazing that the Pats Never commit any penalties.   I mean how does that happen..  :scratch: 

There were 7 accepted penalties.

2 false starts, a delay of game, a personal foul, and 2 PI. And a holding. 

So not like they were throwing the flags like tissues. They could have easily called another 4 PI on Buoye alone! (Hell he was on Gronks back on a 30 yard pass play the possession before cooks PI call)  hell I thought the hit on Burkhead should have been a 15 yard personal foul for defenseless receiver AND leading with the helmet. 

14 hours ago, Roger said:

Do you buy jerseys of players on other teams? You are unique if you do.

I don't buy jerseys...so no. I'm a grown man...not a girl in high school wearing my boyfriends jersey to school the day of the game. (That was the last time I wore a football jersey) I'm not here to judge those that do but it looks tacky to me and I don't wear my fandom on my sleeves (literally lol).

The Patriots I believe I've read have the second largest fan base outside of Dallas based on twitter/facebook followers...its a huge market (whole North East) and Tom has been around for a long time so his jersey is likely being bought many times over by the same fans (I'm picturing a lot of beer and nacho stains through the years) and from a new generation coming up. They are also popular oversees as is typical for dynasty teams and players where people just follow the successful teams/players and I've heard Tom does a lot of oversees advertising. But no...I don't think a fan of another team would buy Tom's jersey or any other teams players jersey unless he had a special tie to that player (grew up local or was traded/etc). I would say Tom is the most polarizing player in the NFL...you either love him or hate him...both based on his success not really his personality so much because lets be honest...on tv (the only place most people will know him from) he comes off very dry due to the Patriots media policy and his painful looking commercials. In real life I'm sure he is a great guy but most won't see that side of him.  

15 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Patriots haters right now:

Image result for crying baby

Bu,But the refs rigged it for the Pats...:Cry:

We have been making that face for like 17 years....our face is probably stuck like that. The Patriots are the best but dang it wouldn't hurt to see someone else win for once. Every SB its like the same old boring stories before, during, and after the game. It's like watching Judd Apatow movies...always the same familiar faces and the same old jokes and you know what your going to get before walking into the movie. Mostly we want to be surprised...and we want a fresh new face. It's not the Pats fault or the refs...but it will be refreshing for the rest of the world when we finally get to talk about a new young qb taking his team to the SB....or a vet who finally gets to the top of the mountain....but for now we are just sad because the only thing new we will see in this SB are the commercials....if we are lucky. Heck we are even stuck with Justin Timberlake...does he even have any new music...or are we going to just get him singing from his last album from like 5 years ago???

1 and 6.. but tell me what one of the six was a bad call? I'll wait.. there were 4 they had to call! And two so blatant PI it was sad (I mean com in oushingbthe guy out of bounds. Really?) why get caught up in the number instead of what they were. People need get their heads out of their bums. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

We have been making that face for like 17 years....our face is probably stuck like that. The Patriots are the best but dang it wouldn't hurt to see someone else win for once. Every SB its like the same old boring stories before, during, and after the game. It's like watching Judd Apatow movies...always the same familiar faces and the same old jokes and you know what your going to get before walking into the movie. Mostly we want to be surprised...and we want a fresh new face. It's not the Pats fault or the refs...but it will be refreshing for the rest of the world when we finally get to talk about a new young qb taking his team to the SB....or a vet who finally gets to the top of the mountain....but for now we are just sad because the only thing new we will see in this SB are the commercials....if we are lucky. 

Sorry Brady has a 50% chance takingbus to the SB and a 75%'chance to the AFC Championship game. The man has been damn good lol.

Just now, JimJaime said:

Sorry Brady has a 50% chance takingbus to the SB and a 75%'chance to the AFC Championship game. The man has been damn good lol.

Oh he is good....nothing against him. Just not entertaining. I was hopeful to see a couple young teams duke it out and get some fresh new stories. Now not only will I have to see the same old Justin Timberlake half time show we saw before (minus Janet) but the same TB stories. I've heard them all....I've read that book...and it wasn't terribly interesting the first 7 times.

4 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

1 and 6.. but tell me what one of the six was a bad call? I'll wait.. there were 4 they had to call! And two so blatant PI it was sad (I mean com in oushingbthe guy out of bounds. Really?) why get caught up in the number instead of what they were. People need get their heads out of their bums. 

I think people were mostly upset with the PI at the end of the first half that they thought the refs bailed the Pats out with. The db did a nice job angling the receiver out of bounds....text book on how your taught to play...then there was some late hand fighting after the receiver was already out of bounds and then the ball was 10 yds beyond him....it was a cheap home call...but that is why you get HFA...so I expect those. There were some missed offensive holding calls on the Pats OL but again...that's why you play during the regular season to get that advantage. We all should have expected that...I know I did. All in all it was a well played hard fought game.....brilliant game planning by Belichick....what he did to the Jags offense in the second half....lets be honest...that won them the game...he shut them down and the great field position game choices he made...setting Brady up with short fields until he finally cashed in after that awful punt...he did an awesome job putting Brady in a place to succeed. It was a team win and one that showed both Brady's and Belichicks brilliance.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think people were mostly upset with the PI at the end of the first half that they thought the refs bailed the Pats out with. The db did a nice job angling the receiver out of bounds....text book on how your taught to play...then there was some late hand fighting after the receiver was already out of bounds and then the ball was 10 yds beyond him....it was a cheap home call...but that is why you get HFA...so I expect those. There were some missed offensive holding calls on the Pats OL but again...that's why you play during the regular season to get that advantage. We all should have expected that...I know I did. All in all it was a well played hard fought game.....brilliant game planning by Belichick....what he did to the Jags offense in the second half....lets be honest...that won them the game...he shut them down and the great field position game choices he made...setting Brady up with short fields until he finally cashed in after that awful punt...he did an awesome job putting Brady in a place to succeed. It was a team win and one that showed both Brady's and Belichicks brilliance.

Yep. That Jesse James TD reversal was the pivotal play of the entire season for the Patriots.

If I had to look at it, I felt the Steelers' OL is better than the Patriots' OL, those guys held up vs the Jags real well, and Big Ben made some ungodly throws threading the needle to Antonio Brown. If their D was worth anything, the Steelers would have won their regular season game vs the Patriots and be on their way to the SB, I feel. It is a shame that talent is being wasted on the Steelers, to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

HFA should not be a free ride to not be called on penalties, or to have every call go your way.  But it is what it is.

The reality here is that (including post-season) the Patriots have had 50 penalties called on them AT HOME and 50 penalties called on them ON THE ROAD.   Just giving the facts....

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We have been making that face for like 17 years....our face is probably stuck like that. The Patriots are the best but dang it wouldn't hurt to see someone else win for once. Every SB its like the same old boring stories before, during, and after the game. It's like watching Judd Apatow movies...always the same familiar faces and the same old jokes and you know what your going to get before walking into the movie. Mostly we want to be surprised...and we want a fresh new face. It's not the Pats fault or the refs...but it will be refreshing for the rest of the world when we finally get to talk about a new young qb taking his team to the SB....or a vet who finally gets to the top of the mountain....but for now we are just sad because the only thing new we will see in this SB are the commercials....if we are lucky. Heck we are even stuck with Justin Timberlake...does he even have any new music...or are we going to just get him singing from his last album from like 5 years ago???

Appreciate the fact that you are witnessing "greatness".  You'll probably never see anything like this (in the NFL) in your lifetime.  Chill & enjoy/respect it.  Ya-mon...

6 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

The reality here is that (including post-season) the Patriots have had 50 penalties called on them AT HOME and 50 penalties called on them ON THE ROAD.   Just giving the facts....

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

And the other reality is the Pats are among the top teams that benefited from calls against their opponents. They are the Masters at that.  Another fact from the same link you supplied. 

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Watch it again he actually pushes Cooks out of bounds. That said they missed a lot more than what they called. That game was pretty much a. "Let them play" game. Also that call didn't bail them out they had 55 seconds and a time out still and that was on 1st down I believe. So that's an eternity for a great QB, colt fans know that. Mind you I was shocked they called it since they missed the blatant PI on Buoye onnGrono the series before. (And I am startingbhate th Kags bunch of  babies!)

and yes I agree I think BB won the game for them with the adjustments on D. Brady gets to much credit for wins when this was clearly a team win everyone seemed to do something. From Gilmore deflection  to end it to Harrison sack to make it 2nd and 19 to Amandola great catch in the end zone to win it.  

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

1 that's all don't let him fool you he's a pats fan

Show me the one penalty that wasn't obvious on the Jags. And before you say the first PI go back and look again he clearly pushed Cooks out of bounds.  Don't be like Jag Players and complain about 6 freaking calls against you! 3 had be called since they moved or failed to get the play off! 1 for a helmet to helmet their own COACH said was the right call! And 2 PI when really if they were trying to "rig" it their were a ton more they could have called on he Jags (4 more on the over rated Buoye who is only great because he gets away with PI)

5 minutes ago, Gramz said:

And the other reality is the Pats are among the top teams that benefited from calls against their opponents. They are the Masters at that.  Another fact from the same link you supplied. 

Umm doesn't every team benefit from calls against their opponent? That's a bogus "fact" you have there. The fact they are the least penalized couldn't be from great coaching or anything right? No No that's to obvious or straight forward of an answer it has be collusion and everyone staying quiet for 17 years. Grams that's tinfoil hat type crazy :)