Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Harbaugh On Andrew Luck

shakedownstreet

When I think of bust I think of Tim Couch...Jamarcus Russell...Ryan Leaf. I dont have a crystal ball and neither do the scouts but I have a little more faith hes a better talent than any of those guys. But at least Harbaugh supported his guy unlike Pete Caroll with Sanchez

Harbaugh wishes he could have Luck for his team now.

When I think of bust I think of Tim Couch...Jamarcus Russell...Ryan Leaf. I dont have a crystal ball and neither do the scouts but I have a little more faith hes a better talent than any of those guys.

Luck is more hyped up than all of those guys you mentioned combined, plus all their uncles and unclebrothers.

If Andrew Luck turns out to be just an ok to average QB, it will be considered an epic bust.

The way he is hyped up, anything short of a star or even a superstar will not cut it.

3000 yards and 20 TD's in his rookie season will not cut it. Those numbers are too low for how much hype and admiration there is for him. Sanchez had 3400 plus 26 TD's in his rookie year. No excuses if Luck can't make these numbers.

I expect 3500 yards and 25 TD's at least. Yes the picks will be there since he is a rookie blah blah blah...So I wont care if he has a 70 QB rating.

Anything short of these numbers will be considered a bust rookie season and we all know how somphore seasons turn out.

So all you Luck fans, prepare your religious articles of worship, because you will be doing a lot of praying.

......or we can just avoid all the drama and just keep Peyton and keep winning NOW.

Samantha Steele (ESPN) was being interviewed by Dan Dakich yesterday and said something to the extent that if you could create a robot QB, Luck would be it. She also compared Luck to when you create players in Madden making them about as perfect as possible, lol. I think this kid is going to be unbelievable. At the same time, I do love Manning to death. My favorite player of all time along with Edge. It would be hard to see him on a another team. :(

didnt steele and dakich get into a fight? i thought i heard that she put him in his place or something.

Alex Smith was average last year and the Niners were a fluke (one-year wonder pretenders) so take Harbaugh's opinion with a grain of salt. This doesn't mean anything, really.

Harbaugh is very respected in these here parts. Not just for his heroics as our QB back in the day, not just for his fire and intensity on the field, but also for his leadership skills. Which is what has led him to extraordinary success as a HC both in the college ranks and the NFL. His words carry some weight not only with the biased crowd in Indy, but league wide.

Alex Smith; He showed significant improvement in what has been a considerably more stable environment for him, one that he has been robbed of throughout his career.

The 49ers have been trending toward success and an NFCCG birth is nothing to be taken lightly. With the right approach, this team has every reason to believe that they can continue to up the tempo and produce.

TRUE colt fans wanna win now...we don't wanna take risks on a possible bust

Well, I guess from now on the Colts will bypass each and every draft in the future.(End sarcasm) Afterall, every single player drafted has the possibility of being a bust.

The possible bust argument is just about the single most dumbest excuse one can use for not drafting Luck. If GM's actually thought that way they wouldn't even waste their time attending the draft. So thank God, real GM's have the intelligence to not think like some fans.

Well, I guess from now on the Colts will bypass each and every draft in the future.(End sarcasm) Afterall, every single player drafted has the possibility of being a bust.

The possible bust argument is just about the single most dumbest excuse one can use for not drafting Luck. If GM's actually thought that way they wouldn't even waste their time attending the draft. So thank God, real GM's have the intelligence to not think like some fans.

So then there is no reason to be concerned about casting aside a true legend of the game for the latest media messiah? Especially since the player being discarded has basically carried this hollow shell of a football team for years.

Luck is more hyped up than all of those guys you mentioned combined, plus all their uncles and unclebrothers.

If Andrew Luck turns out to be just an ok to average QB, it will be considered an epic bust.

The way he is hyped up, anything short of a star or even a superstar will not cut it.

3000 yards and 20 TD's in his rookie season will not cut it. Those numbers are too low for how much hype and admiration there is for him. Sanchez had 3400 plus 26 TD's in his rookie year. No excuses if Luck can't make these numbers.

I expect 3500 yards and 25 TD's at least. Yes the picks will be there since he is a rookie blah blah blah...So I wont care if he has a 70 QB rating.

Anything short of these numbers will be considered a bust rookie season and we all know how somphore seasons turn out.

So all you Luck fans, prepare your religious articles of worship, because you will be doing a lot of praying.

......or we can just avoid all the drama and just keep Peyton and keep winning NOW.

Whos's numbers are these?

QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A

3-13-0 326 575 56.7 3739 26 4.5 28 4.9 78 6.5

That's a decent bar. I expect something approaching that would be a nice start for a first round rookie QB. I'm hoping for a major improvement the next year, as everyone becomes more familiar with the schemes instituted by the new coaching staff.

QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A

3-13-0 326 575 56.7 3739 26 4.5 28 4.9 78 6.5

That's a decent bar. I expect something approaching that would be a nice start for a first round rookie QB. I'm hoping for a major improvement the next year, as everyone becomes more familiar with the schemes instituted by the new coaching staff.

See, there you go. He has to equal Manning, one of the better rookie quarterback seasons ever, or it will be a disappointment. And then heaven forbid that he has a typical sophomore swoon. Don't you see the problem with expectations so high?

So then there is no reason to be concerned about casting aside a true legend of the game for the latest media messiah? Especially since the player being discarded has basically carried this hollow shell of a football team for years.

So do you hang on to an aging, injured, star simply because you're scared of moving on? Of course, there is always cause for concern when you turn a new leaf, but you can't let those concerns make you make emotional decisions based on past performance. I would much rather the Colts take a chance on the future than to take a bigger chance on living in the past.

So do you hang on to an aging, injured, star simply because you're scared of moving on? Of course, there is always cause for concern when you turn a new leaf, but you can't let those concerns make you make emotional decisions based on past performance. I would much rather the Colts take a chance on the future than to take a bigger chance on living in the past.

I would hold onto the aging star while I build a complete team, starting with the lines, and then I would let that complete team carry the rookie for a few years.

Harbaugh is very respected in these here parts. Not just for his heroics as our QB back in the day, not just for his fire and intensity on the field, but also for his leadership skills. Which is what has led him to extraordinary success as a HC both in the college ranks and the NFL. His words carry some weight not only with the biased crowd in Indy, but league wide.

Alex Smith; He showed significant improvement in what has been a considerably more stable environment for him, one that he has been robbed of throughout his career.

The 49ers have been trending toward success and an NFCCG birth is nothing to be taken lightly. With the right approach, this team has every reason to believe that they can continue to up the tempo and produce.

Great post. Well though out. But if he is so good why did it take him so long to get a HC gig in the NFL? Only two teams showed interest, too. I think Pagano is better.

And also -- slightly off topic -- but what's up with Harbaugh being so vague and reticent in his interviews/press conferences? Not sure if I love it or hate it.

I would hold onto the aging star while I build a complete team, starting with the lines, and then I would let that complete team carry the rookie for a few years.

Complete team?

Lets say the Colts DRILL the next 3 drafts. Thats about 8 quality players. And thats if they NAIL it.

Better hope we don't have any drop off at any other positions during that 3 year run.

OR You could draft the best prospect since *insert name here*...See what he can do, and build around him...

the only people that dont wanna draft him are peyton fans. all of us TRUE colt fans want luck.

I'll take that as tongue-in-cheek.

I love Manning and believe HE STILL IS the greatest QB in the history of the game. I want us to bring him back AND draft Andrew Luck. And I believe it is doable (financially, team planning, personnel & depth, talent etc, etc).

I'll take that as tongue-in-cheek.

I love Manning and believe HE STILL IS the greatest QB in the history of the game. I want us to bring him back AND draft Andrew Luck. And I believe it is doable (financially, team planning, personnel & depth, talent etc, etc).

i would love the idea of manning playing with luck taking over in a couple of years, but is it gonna happen well i guess we will have to wait and see

The real reason why some people don't want to draft Luck is not because of the potential bust argument.

It is because drafting Luck will make Peyton Manning expendable.

Alex Smith was average last year and the Niners were a fluke (one-year wonder pretenders) so take Harbaugh's opinion with a grain of salt. This doesn't mean anything, really.

What does how the Niners performed last year have to do with Harbaugh's opinion of Luck? We'll see if Harbaugh continues to be a good coach or not, he seems to have a pretty good track record though. But that has little to do with his view of Luck's skills.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2012 - inflammatory

Why do you blatanly lie on these forums? Seriously, everything you post is just pulled out of thin air. You don't even have the prescence of mind to check your facts.

It's one thing to make an opinionated post and another to blatanly lie and twist statistics to trick others into believing you.

If there is one poster that needs to be banned, it is you.

See, there you go. He has to equal Manning, one of the better rookie quarterback seasons ever, or it will be a disappointment. And then heaven forbid that he has a typical sophomore swoon. Don't you see the problem with expectations so high?

I haven't heard anyone expecting instant success except for Luck haters. Everyone seems to be realistic. And if we keep Manning and Luck, could you drop the bias then atleast.

Got it the wrong way round. The realistic fans hope for the best. The Manning lovers (aka Luck haters) have the low expectations.

Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A

326 575 56.7 3739 26 4.5 28 4.9 78 6.5

that's Peytons rookie year.

Luck will not even come close to those numbers.

Lock it up. Seal it. He will not reach those numbers.

right on the money!!!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2012 - personal argument

Why do you blatanly lie on these forums? Seriously, everything you post is just pulled out of thin air. You don't even have the prescence of mind to check your facts.

It's one thing to make an opinionated post and another to blatanly lie and twist statistics to trick others into believing you.

If there is one poster that needs to be banned, it is you.

why are you always following me?

are you upset that I am calling out the love of your life Andrew Luck?

These are my opinions not lies. Statistics come from NFL.com. Do some research before you ever respond or talk to me again.

You are reported once again. remember what happened the last time you responded to me? yeah, your post was erased.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2012 - part of the argument
Hidden by Nadine, February 25, 2012 - part of the argument

why are you always following me?

are you upset that I am calling out the love of your life Andrew Luck?

These are my opinions not lies. Statistics come from NFL.com. Do some research before you ever respond or talk to me again.

You are reported once again. remember what happened the last time you responded to me? yeah, your post was erased.

I need to do some research? At least I know what Sanchez's rookie stats are, I dont make them up.

Because this makes Manning expendable and many folks don't like that. I too am a die-hard Manning fan, as well, I believe he offers us a real chance to climb right back on that horse (gratuitous pun). But I am not so foolish to think that retaining Manning is worth losing Luck. I want the middle ground. In my purview this is the best case scenario for the 'now' and the 'later'.

I agree with everything you said. Middle ground it is.

Yeah, I'm sorry this idea that if Luck doesn't match Peyton rookie season stats that somehow equates to him being a bust is probably the dumbest thing i've heard on this forum in a long time.

It will equate to him being a bust.

He is more hyped up than Peyton ever was.