Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Harbaugh On Andrew Luck

shakedownstreet

http://blogs.indystar.com/sportspulse/2012/02/23/49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh-on-andrew-luck/

“He’s got all the qualities really — mentally, physically (to succeed in the NFL),” said Harbaugh. “As prepared as anyone you’re gonna find. … He’s really good, got a lot of talent — how ’bout that (answer). He’s very equipped to deal with (the NFL). He’s one of the finest football players I’ve ever been around and an even better person — one of the top five guys I’ve been around.”

Why do people not want to draft him?

Because this makes Manning expendable and many folks don't like that. I too am a die-hard Manning fan, as well, I believe he offers us a real chance to climb right back on that horse (gratuitous pun). But I am not so foolish to think that retaining Manning is worth losing Luck. I want the middle ground. In my purview this is the best case scenario for the 'now' and the 'later'.

Because this makes Manning expendable and many folks don't like that. I too am a die-hard Manning fan, as well, I believe he offers us a real chance to climb right back on that horse (gratuitous pun). But I am not so foolish to think that retaining Manning is worth losing Luck. I want the middle ground. In my purview this is the best case scenario for the 'now' and the 'later'.

100% agree. My thoughts exactly.

Samantha Steele (ESPN) was being interviewed by Dan Dakich yesterday and said something to the extent that if you could create a robot QB, Luck would be it. She also compared Luck to when you create players in Madden making them about as perfect as possible, lol. I think this kid is going to be unbelievable. At the same time, I do love Manning to death. My favorite player of all time along with Edge. It would be hard to see him on a another team. :(

the only people that dont wanna draft him are peyton fans. all of us TRUE colt fans want luck.

When are we going to learn not to use that term?

Though there are a few fringe fans that are only Colts fans because of Manning. Some (very very few) have even said that they will no longer be Colts fans if/when Manning is gone.

However I caution you to not use the term "true fans" as there are undoubtedly many fans that truly feel Luck is a bad idea, the merits of that opinion are inconsequential to their fandom.

the only people that dont wanna draft him are peyton fans. all of us TRUE colt fans want luck.

You need to qualify that comment. I'm a huge Peyton fan, but I've been a Colt fan longer than Manning has been alive. I recognize the need to draft Luck, but I'd love to have them both for a couple years.

I also realize that may not be possible.

The future is looking up. The window has closed on most of our veteran bunch but some people on here are still trying to pry it open with a crow bar. LOL The time is NOW to start getting younger and more talented on both sides of the ball and Luck is a perfect way to start. It's just so unfortunate that events had to play out like they did at the end of Manning's career here in Indy. Most of it is out of his control and it shouldn't have ended like this. I still think he retires but I wish him all the best no matter what happens.

You need to qualify that comment. I'm a huge Peyton fan, but I've been a Colt fan longer than Manning has been alive. I recognize the need to draft Luck, but I'd love to have them both for a couple years.

I also realize that may not be possible.

When are we going to learn not to use that term?

Though there are a few fringe fans that are only Colts fans because of Manning. Some (very very few) have even said that they will no longer be Colts fans if/when Manning is gone.

However I caution you to not use the term "true fans" as there are undoubtedly many fans that truly feel Luck is a bad idea, the merits of that opinion are inconsequential to their fandom.

sorry guys.these so called colts fans are getting to me

Why don't some Colts fans not want to draft Luck?

Acquiescing to this sentiment has led the team to draft the likes of Sorgi, and Painter in the late rounds. Hopefully we have learned from our past mistakes.

Yea, it would take one heckuva QB to intimidate or supplant Manning. Even Manning's most devoted and blind of fans have got to feel he is vulnerable now.

Yea, it would take one heckuva QB to intimidate or supplant Manning. Even Manning's most devoted and blind of fans have got to feel he is vulnerable now.

Last season a Painter did supplant Manning as starter, due to Manning's neck and arm issues.

Right now, we still don't know the status of Manning's arm issues.

Fortunately, however, we do have the #1 pick, thanks, in part to our dismal performance when Manning was unable to play, and we should use it without regard to previously mentioned sentiment.

Acquiescing to the sentiment of not drafting Luck to avoid making Peyton expendable may not save Peyton's arm. If Peyton's arm issues do not resolve, and the Colts don't draft Luck, many more folks will be unhappy.

Last season a Painter did supplant Manning as starter, due to Manning's neck and arm issues.

Fortunately, however, we do have the #1 pick, thanks, in part to our dismal performance when Manning was unable to play, and we should use it without regard to previously mentioned sentiment.

Acquiescing to the sentiment of not drafting Luck to avoid making Peyton expendable may not save Peyton's arm. If Peyton's arm issues do not resolve, and the Colts don't draft Luck, many more folks will be unhappy.

No argument here. However, for all anyone really knows, his arm really isn't an issue at this point, only his contract status. "His arm" is just a unanswered question-mark that may, or may not, be already resolved. It's the mystery that's tickin me off.

No argument here. However, for all anyone really knows, his arm really isn't an issue at this point, only his contract status. "His arm" is just a unanswered question-mark that may, or may not, be already resolved. It's the mystery that's tickin me off.

LOL, because it is a question mark, it remains an issue.

Why don't some Colts fans not want to draft Luck?

Acquiescing to this sentiment has led the team to draft the likes of Sorgi, and Painter in the late rounds. Hopefully we have learned from our past mistakes.

apparently according to the GM he has not seen or received any info about mannings health, and apparently hes not sure if he is going to draft a qb in the first round. now it confuses me because irsay (WHO IS THE OWNER) has said time after time he is drafting a QB in the first round no matter what, if thats the case why is this new gm running his hole? just makes no sence. and now the press, irsay and the new gm are ticking me off because it seems to me their giving us fans the run around.

apparently according to the GM he has not seen or received any info about mannings health, and apparently hes not sure if he is going to draft a qb in the first round. now it confuses me because irsay (WHO IS THE OWNER) has said time after time he is drafting a QB in the first round no matter what, if thats the case why is this new gm running his hole? just makes no sence. and now the press, irsay and the new gm are ticking me off because it seems to me their giving us fans the run around.

We will see on April 26 what happens.

We will have some clue on March 8.

Don't let it bother you too much. Apparently, Grigson doesn't yet know what Irsay is going to do with the #1 pick. We shall see.

Who knows? Maybe we will pick up some unknown QB in the 6th round again.

many folks on top of irsay will have the new GM's head on a rope and use it for a pinata. he was mad that Polian for not drafting a back up plan for manning if he were to be out for a period of time. which is why he fired him, well part of the reason.

LOL, because it is a question mark, it remains an issue.

I know. I'm just saying it may not be an issue to Manning. As in, he would know where he stands if that arm is fine now. As well it may be.

I find it peculiar that the Colts don't seem to be aware of the status of his arm. Maybe they do? Dunno. I'm just an outsider trying to peek in.

Why? Manning has led this horribly flawed football team to one 12 win season after another.

Personally, I think Luck looks like a bust just waiting to happen.

I respect your opinion, but that's not warranted. Unless you can show some indicators to your assertion?

Toward Griffin; I see bust written all over this guy, and a distinct possibility that certain teams may bypass him after the combine.

Why?

QB's that have a propensity to scramble are oft injured. Griffin is on the small side at 6'2 220lbs. Cam Newton is built to withstand the punishment, but he too has his days of healthy scrambling numbered. It will happen. QB's that run get hurt. They always do, everyone of them.

If I were considering a top 5 pick on him, I would be frightened by the strong possibility of maintaining a triage unit to house him. All that talent is useless when he's always hurting.

I'm a Giants fan, not a Colts fan. I root for the Colts because of Manning. I will neither root for or against the Colts once Peyton is gone. I will root for whatever team Peyton ends up on. I recognize that this makes me not a true Colts fan.

When the Giants pushed Simms into retirement I went through a period of time where I still rooting for the team, but I have to admit that I took a bit of pleasure in Danny Kannell and Dave Brown being terrible, so I understand where Manning/Colts fans are coming from.

I'm a Giants fan, not a Colts fan. I root for the Colts because of Manning. I will neither root for or against the Colts once Peyton is gone. I will root for whatever team Peyton ends up on. I recognize that this makes me not a true Colts fan.

This doesn't make you a jerk or otherwise indicate anything bad about your character. Just espousing such opinion while in the bee-hive is going to get you stung. I appreciate your open candor.

Myself? I'm only a Giants fan because of Eli. So I guess those folks ("true" giants fans) would look down on me as well. I was a Giants fan back in the day with Simms, LT, Dave Meggett.

As long as you're rooting for the Colts, if even for only 1 game, that makes you a fan in my book.

I've said this over and over again so I'll ask you the same question. If Manning can throw, that it's not an issue at this point, then wouldn't you think it would be in his best interest to call the media out to a field and make throws? Do the passing tree several times, show that he can make all of the passes, that he has zip, accuracy, and conditioning. Irsay talks about health all the time, so if he can show that he can throw and he's been cleared for the fusion then there will be no more excuses from anybody on either side. Whether he stays with the Colts or not isn't it in his best interest (to get the best contract possible) to show that he can throw?

IMO since he hasn't, he must not be able to at this point. And if he's unable then that is still a major issue moving forward.

I've said this over and over again so I'll ask you the same question. If Manning can throw, that it's not an issue at this point, then wouldn't you think it would be in his best interest to call the media out to a field and make throws? Do the passing tree several times, show that he can make all of the passes, that he has zip, accuracy, and conditioning. Irsay talks about health all the time, so if he can show that he can throw and he's been cleared for the fusion then there will be no more excuses from anybody on either side. Whether he stays with the Colts or not isn't it in his best interest (to get the best contract possible) to show that he can throw?

IMO since he hasn't, he must not be able to at this point. And if he's unable then that is still a major issue moving forward.

I have stated the same but minus the passing tree...just prove you can throw the ball like an NFL QB. Why is that so hard, unless you can't? Without this there is nothing other than speculation....

It's a fair question you ask. Perhaps Manning doesn't want to be a Colt anymore? Perhaps he wants his $28 million, knows he isn't getting that from Irsay and is waiting until after he is released before he showcases his healthy arm for all the prospective buyers?

Maybe the left side of his body is paralyzed and his doctors will say "He is going to be all right". Get it? "All right"? Cuz the left side isn't working and..........ummmm, yea I'm done.

Why? Manning has led this horribly flawed football team to one 12 win season after another.

Personally, I think Luck looks like a bust just waiting to happen.

based on what? hes got all the physical and mental tools to succeed in the NFL, the college stats, praise from just about every professional scout and past coaches, and by the way the rules are changing so much in favor of the QB these days, even if he isnt the mega superstar some ppl are saying hes going to be, theres almost no way he can be a but, at the very least he will be a very good to great QB, theres virtually nothing about him that suggest he will be a bust

When I think of bust I think of Tim Couch...Jamarcus Russell...Ryan Leaf. I dont have a crystal ball and neither do the scouts but I have a little more faith hes a better talent than any of those guys. But at least Harbaugh supported his guy unlike Pete Caroll with Sanchez